Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trying to buy a ticket for tonights game... (The before)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Won't there be exactly the same limitations on ticket sales at Falmer?

I'm sure the club would love the option of pay on the day-both at Withdean and Falmer: without always having to jump through the planning consent hoops. I'm sure it will be better at Falmer with the proposed ticket sales at railway stations (is that still in the plans?) on the day. Generally it doesn't concern me being a STH but I'd like to see options for people who decide around 11 am on a Saturday that they'd like to watch The Albion because they are the ones we need to win back. I'm not being critical of the club by the way-just looking at overcoming the crap they have to go through to get bums on seats. Path of least resistance is always the favourite of the floating supporter...

If people can't pay on the day at Falmer from a ticket office at the ground then it'll fail. :nono:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As I understand it there will be more flexibility at Falmer.

You are spot on about the Saturday morning decision makers. And not only do they decide to come along on a whim if they pay on the gate, they tend to bring mates along too.

As you say - these ones are the people we want to get back. If they come along - they'll more than likely come again.

Do Brighton go into the town centre on match days and promote the games? Could easily add 500 to a gate (esp for an evening game) if they get a van and a stand and go where the shoppers are with a mobile ticket office.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Doesn't common sense apply here?

Don't call first thing.
Don't call during common lunch times (12:00 - 14:00)
Don't call last thing.

It took me 13 minutes to get my tickets, but hey if there is no other way then it comes down to how much you want it surely?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Not able to buy on the website. Call the ticket office? 9th in the queue!!!! Hang on for 10 minutes and then give up, when i've made it to 7th. On a tuesday morning of Barnet at home in the Carling Cup??

The automated message gives me advice about buying tickets for Crewe away.....just how understaffed are they?

I had the Crewe message when I rang at 9.35am yesterday morning, followed by another saying "the ticket office is closed and will open at 9.30am" :censored:

I then rang back 5 minutes later to be told I was 3rd in the queue with just a 1 minute wait. Great!, I thought, but 15 minutes later I was still 3rd in the queue with a 1 minute wait - eventually got through after 23 minutes on hold.

If there were only 2 callers in front of me what the **** were they doing for 20 minutes?

Surely ticket sales is the absolute basics and the lifeblood of the club. If Ken Brown was aware of this last year why on earth haven't they made this the no1 priority?

There are proven and cost-effective ticketing systems available and widely used. There really is no excuse for BHA to have to make people queue. However, I can understand why they would be reluctant to invest in these if they are moving grounds soon.
QUOTE]

True but it would cost BHA an awful lot to make use of them. And the cost would be passed on to the buying suporter. An expensive premium rate phone number, and expensive and remote call centre who would lack the local knowledge that BHA staff manning the phones now have.

Would work in a proper stadium (reading for eaxmple are extremely swictched on to enabling their supporters buy tickets online) but we simply don't have either the numbers or the failities to make it pay.

but hey if there is no other way then it comes down to how much you want it surely?

That is the point-there are possibly loads of people like me who'd like to go but can't be bothered to faff around. Not everybody is the die-hard, I'll put up with anything to get a ticket type that you and Titanic clearly are. I live in Guildford and don't miss many games but I can't be bothered frankly to wait on hold to buy a ticket, drive for an hour, wait for the P&R bus and then wait in line for my ticket for who knows how long? Add to that the fact I get home around midnight after a midweek game-I'd like it to be easier. Sorry if that's not die-hard enough. I've had a replacement for my season ticket available for collection before kick off and missed the start of the game despite getting there at 2:45.

When it's that much of a pain people won't bother and we witnessed that last season with low crowds.

Personally, i'm booking them today because i was waiting for the forecast on this ridiculous weather....and have now decided to book for the north and stay dry.

obviously not sat in the North stand under a pointless roof when its raining have you - wouldn't re.ly on staying dry if i were you
:lol:

With perfect timing, the club kept close to 250 people waiting to collect their tickets tonight with all of them missing the first goal. They were all eventually let in without their tickets-how the hell does that work then if people don't know which seats they were supposed to be in?

Sadly, it's cock-ups like tonight that make people not bother next time.

Still, let's not worry about a 10 minute wait on the phone...that's f*** all compared to the wait in front of you when you try to collect your tickets....

Damn glad I decided to stay home and listen in to the game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The point is that the club always have a good idea in advance of the game of the likely crowd. If it was pay on the gate that would leave an awful lot more to chance, which could have knock on effects both ways. Less people than expected - possibly paying more staff than needed, more people than expected = potential security and safety issues.

However did we cope in the old Goldstone days ?

Pay on the gate is a massive issue they need to get sorted for Falmer. At worse, we need to do the same as Crewe (and other clubs) by having a ticket office at the stadium that you can roll up to ON THE DAY AND UP UNTIL KICKOFF to buy a ticket. Otherwise I reckon you're wiping a good 20-25% off your gate by losing the casual support who (quite rightly) simply can't be ARSED with the fannying about we have to go through right now for a ticket.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well I defended the club earlier but had a terrible experience tonight.

Arrived 20 odd minutes prior to kick off, a q right up the slope, fans struggling to get past to the north stand.

Stewards and Police just watching, q not moving people getting angry. Virgo scores people in the q get very angry, small kids in the q, still no response.

If there was a rush or charge people would have got hurt, eventually gates were opened and people rushed in.

Ken Brown was then being verbally attacked by a fan, and then starting arguing back. He said they had no idea of how many tickets were sold?

Sort it out, if I had managed that in my job I would have been sacked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here