Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trying to buy a ticket for tonights game... (The before)

It may help if people didn't all decide to buy tickets on the day of the game.

That's what happens after a good result though-more people want to join in. It must piss the club off no end that they are losing extra ticket sales because of the restrictions imposed on us all.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm outraged I not only hang on the phone for hours, I then have to get to the ground early to pick the tickets up, I then realise the tickets are costing me money. I reackon I've got tennis elbow hanging on the phone and may have a hearing deficiency listening to the message. I think the tickets should have been on sale at least all summer. Its outrageous Man United would never put me through this.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Well at least there sounds like a last minute surge in sales.

Not sure why they aren't selling them online? Can't be because of the cost as they managed to get the pre season games on sale online and they were cheeper.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My colleague just phoned them about something completely unrelated to this evening's fixture and got through with 3 or 4 minutes.

Not sure if it's that easy. But I do wonder if they could open up a ticket office at the ground in a portakabin. All other clubs in this league seem to have one.

No congestion in the Withdean area or transport issues with this idea then - how would the P&R's work, where would everyone park their car?
How do you think the Albion will be impacted by the likely response from BHCC to such a breach of the planning consent for Withdean?
It's a no brainer and you know that!

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I had the misfortune of atttempting to buy tickets over the phone for one match last season (Millwall at home on a Tuesday night I think). I was calling a few days in advance, and it took me something like three attempts all with 15-20 minutes on hold before I finally got through. Fortunately I was at work and so had nothing better to do, plus its not my phone bill. Most folk would probably have thought "stuff it" though and just given up.

The ticketing system at the Albion is an absolute f***ing disgrace. We must be losing money hand over fist, you have to be DETERMINED to get through.

I very rarely phone up for tickets, but I did for this match - got straight through, two tickets, excellent service!

:albion2:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No congestion in the Withdean area or transport issues with this idea then - how would the P&R's then work, where would everyone park their car?

In reality it's no different to people picking their tickets up at the Withdean.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just bought mine, was third in the queue took a whole three minutes wait to be connected to the ticket office, then another minute for the transaction to go through. Guess I was unlucky....might claim back loss of earnings for the four minute waste of my valuble time.

Looking forward to the game

In reality it's no different to people picking their tickets up at the Withdean.

It is though, as the club ALWAYS knows how many people will be there in advance of the game. That way the club can ensure that they have the correct amounts of stewards etc in place to deal with the crowd. Even though you can buy online up to about 30 minutes before kick off, and over the phone during ticket office hours these sales are not as significant as they would be if it was just pay on the gate.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I don't think so; unless I've misunderstood, WW's proposal involves people showing up at Withdean having not bought their tickets in advance?

All I was looking at was it does'nt matter whether your buying your ticket at the ground or just picking it up having bought it in advance, You still cant use the travel voucher to get there.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No congestion in the Withdean area or transport issues with this idea then - how would the P&R's work, where would everyone park their car?
How do you think the Albion will be impacted by the likely response from BHCC to such a breach of the planning consent for Withdean?
It's a no brainer and you know that!

If you'd read the post from Nemesis, rather than look to slate anything I say (as per usual), you'd notice he suggested trying to get this rule changed. Obviously this wouldn't be that straight forward, but surely there must be some way around it, in which the club can ensure they system will work and not have an adverse affect on the local residents and area.

As for the P&R issue though - if people can pick up tickets at the ground (without a travel voucher) then buying ticket at the ground instead is really no different.

Not sure if it's that easy. But I do wonder if they could open up a ticket office at the ground in a portakabin. All other clubs in this league seem to have one.

May have something to do with the fact that every other club in this league have their OWN ground.???

We don't so we have to take what the agreement with the council allows us to do.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How did you get on? Did you have the same satisfying experience as AADO!O! and I ?

Yep, was absolutely fine second time around, thank you for asking.

Still doesn't explain why they weren't online though....p'haps i shall ask insider.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here