Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I even struggle to explain stoolball to my friends and colleagues up here in the north. Shame really - because it was the only sport I was actually much good at!

I had the same problem when living in Yorkshire, as they thought they invented cricket. :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
FWIW the bookies odd on a Trump win lengthened a bit overnight.

Must be desperate now, wondering what dirty tactics he'll employ with his fascist Russian mates?

He's very dangerous, I really would not put anything past him, I fear there is no depth he won't sink to to hang on at any cost.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's very dangerous, I really would not put anything past him, I fear there is no depth he won't sink to to hang on at any cost.

The fact that the only scenario I can't see, IF he loses, is quiet acceptance, is somewhat alarming.

That said it won't be dull.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One thing that no-one has explained to me (and I've read several news outlets) is the significance of Hunter Biden's business dealings. Let's put aside the debate as to whether there's any truth in the stories or not and assume they are: these are not Joe Biden's emails.

Lots of politicians have relatives who are embarrassment - Trump's got a whole tribe of them. But I also recall Jimmy Carter's drunken brother, John Major's equally embarrassing brother, Thatcher's son (whose misadventures are too numerous to relate) and Ronald Reagan's daughter nude model, anti-nuclear activist daughter - I'm sure there are many more. But none of their misdeeds or opinions reflected on the politician, why should Biden be any different? I've not seen any publication explain this

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The only way he can win now is dirty tactics. Although the volume of early voting - 42m as of last night - mitigates the effect of this. Trump's current odds are really poor value and driven by sentiment of his unexpected win 4 years ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One thing that no-one has explained to me (and I've read several news outlets) is the significance of Hunter Biden's business dealings. Let's put aside the debate as to whether there's any truth in the stories or not and assume they are: these are not Joe Biden's emails.

Lots of politicians have relatives who are embarrassment - Trump's got a whole tribe of them. But I also recall Jimmy Carter's drunken brother, John Major's equally embarrassing brother, Thatcher's son (whose misadventures are too numerous to relate) and Ronald Reagan's daughter nude model, anti-nuclear activist daughter - I'm sure there are many more. But none of their misdeeds or opinions reflected on the politician, why should Biden be any different? I've not seen any publication explain this

[tweet]1319483553361649664[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and while looking for that, there's this:-

[tweet]1319382169932935168[/tweet]

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Yup. They moved swiftly on to the next question, it wasn't even acknowledged. But before they did, THAT was Trumps response. During the questioning, he said that these kids "are bought over by coyotes".

Mind. Blown.

"Coyote" is American slang for people smugglers across the Mexico border, so Trumps statement isn't as weird as it might seem.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Coyote

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Indeed. Poor Mary Trump is the exception to the rule in that dysfunctional family. No particular fan of Corbyn and the hatchet job the tory media have done on him. However, having that wingnut Piers as a brother does his cause no favours. Mick Jones once of the Clash is the cousin of Grant Shapps. If that isn't embarrassing enough, Shapps often name drops him. Something Jones doesn't do in return. Unsurprisingly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
FWIW the bookies odd on a Trump win lengthened a bit overnight.

Must be desperate now, wondering what dirty tactics he'll employ with his fascist Russian mates?

You have to assume that he won’t accept the result of the election if he loses and won’t stand aside until a full investigation of postal votes has concluded. That could take some time. Meanwhile, will the educated minority take to the streets and protest?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There was a clear winner.

9F825453-53D9-42FA-A5E2-25362F086A60.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You have to assume that he won’t accept the result of the election if he loses and won’t stand aside until a full investigation of postal votes has concluded. That could take some time. Meanwhile, will the educated minority take to the streets and protest?

If he loses outright then we'll be on to Plan B, feck knows what that is.

Plan A has been signaled since 2016.
Trump will fight the integrity of the postal vote.

To do that he needs the individual state legislature to back him.

This is where Mitch McConnell comes in and Tyrone is dead right:-
'Never trust a career politician'.

McConnell has quietly stacked these positions with GOP candidates.

So that is now very much in play.

Irrespective of what happens between 03/11 and 30/01/21 if Trump loses he must be gone then.
What happens between those 2 dates is anybody's guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here