Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He'll do a runner if he loses and will have roughly 11 weeks during which they cannot stop him leaving the country.

I can see him now, trying as hard as he can to scrabble up the wall and over to safety in Mexico :lolol:

Wouldn't that be ironic caught at the wall exhausted after failing to climb it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see him now, trying as hard as he can to scrabble up the wall and over to safety in Mexico :lolol:

Wouldn't that be ironic caught at the wall exhausted after failing to climb it.

He'd be the only man who can't:-

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There was a clear winner.

View attachment 129688

Nice attempt at trying to cover your tracks, but I searched for "TheBlaze" (who did this poll) on Twitter. Weirdly, they seem to put out a load of incredibly pro-Trump stuff and don't fact check their stories. It's almost like they're actually not unbiased, and their followership is similar. Let's take a look at some of their posts, shall we?

[TWEET]1319496530886156289[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1319470146164051968[/TWEET]

Yes, that's Fox News host Glenn Beck and Donald Trump Jr. I'm sure that was an even-handed reflection.

I would like to thank you, however. Their Twitter feed sounds like it's going to be an absolute comedy gold mine on the day after the election.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think it's fair to say that nobody had a 90 anything % victory in that debate. Trump probably won on points, but there wasn't any knockout on either side.

Both did better than last time.

Still anyones guess which way the election will go.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
That Spence is a naughty little tinker, organising that poll.

He hasn't got the time for that, he's too busy fantasising about a red wave. It happened in 2016, they had all 3 branches of government under Republican control but the exact opposite is inevitable now. I have no doubt that the Biden administration won't waste their power, the Democratic party has been reborn thanks to the wildfire that has ripped through the country.

It's interesting to see what the Republicans will serve up in 2024, whether they'll try and find another cult figure or if they'll find someone with more traditional Republican beliefs. They'll let the adults clean up the mess left by Trump and then they'll spin some nonsense stories about how the Democrats were just building on the imaginary achievements of the narcissist in chief.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Nice attempt at trying to cover your tracks, but I searched for "TheBlaze" (who did this poll) on Twitter. Weirdly, they seem to put out a load of incredibly pro-Trump stuff and don't fact check their stories. It's almost like they're actually not unbiased, and their followership is similar. Let's take a look at some of their posts, shall we?

Me cover my tracks!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If he loses outright then we'll be on to Plan B, feck knows what that is.

Plan A has been signaled since 2016.
Trump will fight the integrity of the postal vote.

To do that he needs the individual state legislature to back him.

This is where Mitch McConnell comes in and Tyrone is dead right:-
'Never trust a career politician'.

McConnell has quietly stacked these positions with GOP candidates.

So that is now very much in play.

Irrespective of what happens between 03/11 and 30/01/21 if Trump loses he must be gone then.
What happens between those 2 dates is anybody's guess.

Maybe – given his fans are so quick to point out he hasn't started a war and he's the only president EVER to not have started one during their time in office, or some such shite – he'll start a Red v Blue CIVIL war :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One thing that no-one has explained to me (and I've read several news outlets) is the significance of Hunter Biden's business dealings. Let's put aside the debate as to whether there's any truth in the stories or not and assume they are: these are not Joe Biden's emails.

Lots of politicians have relatives who are embarrassment - Trump's got a whole tribe of them. But I also recall Jimmy Carter's drunken brother, John Major's equally embarrassing brother, Thatcher's son (whose misadventures are too numerous to relate) and Ronald Reagan's daughter nude model, anti-nuclear activist daughter - I'm sure there are many more. But none of their misdeeds or opinions reflected on the politician, why should Biden be any different? I've not seen any publication explain this

Because they've got absolutely **** all else to smear him with. This is clearly the best they can do. I'm almost disappointed in them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In a poll of KKK members, it's a surprise that Trump didn't make 100%.

its not, its on the front page of the BS alternative reality, Bannon propaganda rag - Breitbart.

A bit like a survey on Boris Johnson versus any Labour party leader done by the Mirror or the morning star.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He hasn't got the time for that, he's too busy fantasising about a red wave. It happened in 2016, they had all 3 branches of government under Republican control but the exact opposite is inevitable now. I have no doubt that the Biden administration won't waste their power, the Democratic party has been reborn thanks to the wildfire that has ripped through the country.

It's interesting to see what the Republicans will serve up in 2024, whether they'll try and find another cult figure or if they'll find someone with more traditional Republican beliefs. They'll let the adults clean up the mess left by Trump and then they'll spin some nonsense stories about how the Democrats were just building on the imaginary achievements of the narcissist in chief.

Biden didnt help himself when he said he would phase out oil (without going further) of course common sense knows the world must head that way for both environmental and the fact oil wont last forever - but its just the sort of soundbite that will be distorted and played ad nauseum to the thickets in states like Texas (and Ive spent 6 months in Texas and believe me, there are many insular clueless - Fox news junkies that will buy it)

What Biden shouldve stated is that the new renewable economy will replace lost jobs in the carbon sector with new jobs in the renewables sector and that it would create more jobs in those areas.

Trump has no policy platform, like none at all - all he had was attacks on everyone else and he was looking for any dirt, no matter how false or any cheap soundbite to play to this.

At least in our country, love them or loathe them, the major parties have a policy platform with a manifesto - Trump just says keep me in power and I will be the best at everything. the best ever - and unfortunately there are enough pig thick clueless idiots who buy this.

4 more years of twitter rants, 4 more years or bullshit, 4 more years of incompetence. 4 more years of arse licking US enemies and autocratic despots he aspires to be.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't think Biden performed at all well, [MENTION=15046]peterward[/MENTION]. I think he did drop a clanger when talking about his previous comments about fracking (which have been vague in order to give him some room for maneouvre and deniability in future but which most people would agree are contradictory) and then about oil. But I also felt that his general performance was below the standard I would expect from a presidential candidate. I watched Obama's 30 minute clattering of Trump the day (I think) before the debate and there was so much more substance in that than anything Biden was providing during the debate.

But, again - the election isn't just electing a president. It's about the Supreme Court, et al.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don't think Biden performed at all well, [MENTION=15046]peterward[/MENTION]. I think he did drop a clanger when talking about his previous comments about fracking (which have been vague in order to give him some room for maneouvre and deniability in future but which most people would agree are contradictory) and then about oil. But I also felt that his general performance was below the standard I would expect from a presidential candidate. I watched Obama's 30 minute clattering of Trump the day (I think) before the debate and there was so much more substance in that than anything Biden was providing during the debate.

But, again - the election isn't just electing a president. It's about the Supreme Court, et al.

I dont agree, Biden was par for the course. He wasnt bad, he is always like this....bland, a bit boring and gaff prone.

I will agree that its surprising this is the bet the dems could put forward but then like the labour party here, the left spilts so many ways with various degrees of left and lots of very passionate mini cliques under the democrat umbrella.

For the polls to put a half senile, gaff prone, boring grandad who could keel over at any minute, this far ahead says more about how bad trump is.

Against any of the previous republican incumbents or any leader with genuine presidential qualities, Biden would be toast, against the head of a personality cult full of hot air, bullshit, attacks on experts, the media and who take no responsibility for their massive failings, the uninspiring grey man seems like an oasis from this utter madness.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fake News' CNN highlight much of what's been said here, by both sides.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/22/politics/last-presidential-debate-hits-and-misses/index.html

That can't be right, it's fake news.

everything that doesn't conform to a narrative the Trump is the best ever at everything is fake news, the slightest hint of tough questions or critisism is fake news.

While BS propaganda fan boy rags like Breitbart, the NYP or Fox news are are the non fake press.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Not re-reading or defending everything I said last night. Was a fun night for me and my wife since it’s been a long Covid year for her in the hospital so I may have had the teeniest tiniest bit of whiskey the further I posted last night. I know I responded to Hugo at one point with something that had nothing to do with what he said.

The only thing I’ll defend is cricket is way more confusing to an outsider than you realize. I thought my knowledge of the ashes was much more impressive than I was given credit for even though it might be simple once a concept is understood.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
its not, its on the front page of the BS alternative reality, Bannon propaganda rag - Breitbart.

A bit like a survey on Boris Johnson versus any Labour party leader done by the Mirror or the morning star.

Biden narrowly performed best last night btw, according to American analysts on the BBC this morning.

Not good for Trump who trails by 7.9% points, he really needed a great debate and failed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Biden narrowly performed best last night btw, according to American analysts on the BBC this morning.

Not good for Trump who trails by 7.9% points, he really needed a great debate and failed.
The West Wing is now on 4OD, you now have no excuse to not watch series 1-4.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
One thing that no-one has explained to me (and I've read several news outlets) is the significance of Hunter Biden's business dealings. Let's put aside the debate as to whether there's any truth in the stories or not and assume they are: these are not Joe Biden's emails.

Lots of politicians have relatives who are embarrassment - Trump's got a whole tribe of them. But I also recall Jimmy Carter's drunken brother, John Major's equally embarrassing brother, Thatcher's son (whose misadventures are too numerous to relate) and Ronald Reagan's daughter nude model, anti-nuclear activist daughter - I'm sure there are many more. But none of their misdeeds or opinions reflected on the politician, why should Biden be any different? I've not seen any publication explain this
It's just Biden Derangement Syndrome ? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here