Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
A lot of young faces in those photos. That fits in with my experience, where the staunch Trump supporters I know comprise a couple of hitherto Labour voters in their early 50's (I remember when we young, they hated Maggie) ... what a turnaround!! But mainly lads in their late teens and twenties. None of them UK party political, but vehement supporters of Trump, fake virus, Icke, anti-vax, anti face masks, the 5G masts theory and climate change deniers.

In really big numbers. Apparently their parents are too, just normal middle class familiies living in Brighton and Lewes.

It was an inevitable byproduct of young men being told they are the enemy and not worth investing in. Read this: https://www.acu.ac.uk/the-acu-review/a-silent-crisis/

Then tell me you're surprised by this outcome. They're lonely young men, told they're worthless, disgusting creatures not worthy of investment or love. So what do they do? They seek out acceptance, inclusion and love. Sadly, just like terrorist groups and predators do best, they hunt for these very people to manipulate into their cults and causes to aim them like bullets at the people they hate. For incels its women, for people like the Proud Boys its 'Antifa', for gangs its other gangs or innocents with money. When this happens what is the outcome? Is there an outpouring of concern, wanting to find, help and bring these youngsters back into society? Nope instead #KillAllMen or #AllMenAreTrash trend on social media instead.

What's unbelievably sad is posting something like this then gets me branded a Nazi, so who ****ing knows how to fix it.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
'Publisher in deciding to cancel contract with author' is NOTHING to do with the First Amendment. The First Amendment is in relation to the government, not private companies...

Ah,yes, a perfect example of the increasingly common mistake of assuming 'fredom of speech' = 'freedom to say what you like without any consequences'.

He was free to speak out and prove himself a bellend. They were free to cancel a private contract with someone that has proven himself a bellend.
See endless screeching on social media, (including NSC) for furrher examples of the same.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It was an inevitable byproduct of young men being told they are the enemy and not worth investing in. Read this: https://www.acu.ac.uk/the-acu-review/a-silent-crisis/

Then tell me you're surprised by this outcome. They're lonely young men, told they're worthless, disgusting creatures not worthy of investment or love. So what do they do? They seek out acceptance, inclusion and love. Sadly, just like terrorist groups and predators do best, they hunt for these very people to manipulate into their cults and causes to aim them like bullets at the people they hate. For incels its women, for people like the Proud Boys its 'Antifa', for gangs its other gangs or innocents with money. When this happens what is the outcome? Is there an outpouring of concern, wanting to find, help and bring these youngsters back into society? Nope instead #KillAllMen or #AllMenAreTrash trend on social media instead.

What's unbelievably sad is posting something like this then gets me branded a Nazi, so who ****ing knows how to fix it.

I would probably phrase it differently, and we might disagree with some of the causes and solutions, but in essence I agree with you. People are being manipulated, and encouraged to find enemies based on race, gender or even, god forbid, brexit (both side have been manipulted on that in my opinion - it was never important enough to justify the heat it has generated). 'Divide and conquer, based on anything but class' is the strategy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No there won't, it is going to be a small event because of Covid.

Good point, I forgot that ! Biden will probably get about 2,000 mask wearing supporters stood 10' apart equidistant, If Trump had won there would have been 300,000 unmasked supporters per acre.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Please link to the tweet on here! I've gotta see this!
One of many - probably Twitter BS but he sounds like it would be fitting judging by his Social Media/

[TWEET]1347572814082174978[/TWEET]

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019

I agree with some of this but I have to take issue with your conjecture that young men are told that they're worthless. We live in a patriarchal society where men have it easier than women. In fact the entire apparatus of western society is set up for white men to succeed.

hashtags like #killallmen are generally a tongue in cheek way of pointing out that toxic masculinity have caused so many of societies ills, including mass shootings etc

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree with some of this but I have to take issue with your conjecture that young men are told that they're worthless. We live in a patriarchal society where men have it easier than women. In fact the entire apparatus of western society is set up for white men to succeed.

hashtags like #killallmen are generally a tongue in cheek way of pointing out that toxic masculinity have caused so many of societies ills, including mass shootings etc

I'm not so sure I agree with that. There is a reason that suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK (and presumably elsewhere in the western world) and it's not coz life is easy.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm not so sure I agree with that. There is a reason that suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK (and presumably elsewhere in the western world) and it's not coz life is easy.

Surprise surprise, that poster is hopelessly out of touch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you may have been whooshed
‘Liberal marxists’
‘I read it in the Spectator’
:)
I’m never quite sure what to think when people post these Twitter links to random accounts. What’s the point ?

Oh dear. :lolol::lolol:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I would probably phrase it differently, and we might disagree with some of the causes and solutions, but in essence I agree with you. People are being manipulated, and encouraged to find enemies based on race, gender or even, god forbid, brexit (both side have been manipulted on that in my opinion - it was never important enough to justify the heat it has generated). 'Divide and conquer, based on anything but class' is the strategy.

Nah I agree with everything you just said, this one tangent I was on is all a greater whole of divide and conquer that at its heart always comes back to the elites dividing and conquering the rest while they get richer off of your anger.

The majority of homeless people are men. The majority of suicide deaths are men. Young men graduate college and universities less than young women. Young women are out-earning young men. Single women are more likely to own a home than single men. There are gross discrepancies in the amount of government aid available to men and that available to women. Head to the park with your young daughter alone on a sunny day and tell me how you get on, I've heard horror stories from friends with children. Go take a look at how many mens shelters there are compared to womens for domestic violence despite it being 50/50.

The fact is, you are exactly what I mean by the problem: "You're a white man, you have it so much easier than women, if you're not succeeding then it's your own fault."

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1347266931364130821[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here