Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Good day to give Potter a 10 year extension, me thinks.

no-one will notice

Aaaah....good try but I shall be on the lookout for Uncle Tony quietly slipping a lump extra onto the contract of the greatest living manager. Any sniff of this and I shall be chaining myself to the front door of the main offices at the Amex in protest.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I agree with you. These people also need time away from Twitter like Trump.

And as Trump proves he can always sink lower, bashlsdir proves he can be ever more ignorant.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No. I am not being serious.

Unfortunately NSC does have retards that react hysterically and send abuse.

Well done on using a term that's been consigned to history by anyone with any intelligence. I await a post from you using the words 'spastic' and 'Joey Deacon' .... idiot !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
mmmm....

I'd have to disagree with that. Not many politicians "sucked up to him" - they deflected the question and "respected" the position of President.

Boris with all his faults did call him out quite famously in an interview before he was elected.

Quite a few Tory MPs calling out Trump now too. You can't condemn division on one country and simultaneously stoke it up at home.

Boris tends to do that quite often, he managed to piss off Obama, and Biden and Trump ... but it's not really " Calling someone out ", normally its a misguided quote which has not been thought out, see, Piccaninnies/Leterboxes etc etc.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The sad reality is we have a lot of leftie tossers like Owen Jones, Caroline Lucas etc going off on one tonight.

Yet all summer we’ve had Antifa violence against individuals, torching businesses, cars and other private property and we hear nothing.

What would have happened if Trump had won this election and Antifa had stormed the Capitol Building? The same leftie tossers would be rejoicing calling it legitimate protest and rightful revolution.

These lefty commentators are as vile as Trump and his ilk.

I was just looking at some of the 'It was antifa' bullshit on twitter. **** me those people are dumb.

The sad reality is 4 people are dead.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
donald-trump-twitter.jpg

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It has to be said, for all it’s many faults, this is where our electoral system comes into it’s own. If there was an election this Thursday and Boris Johnson lost he’d be out on his arse by Friday lunchtime, no opportunity at all to go postal.

Not necessarily. If there's a hung parliament, technically the queen has the final say over the matter. Its never come to that because the parties duck and dive and sell their souls to stay in/get in power by doing deals with each other, but the potential is there. People might say it would never happen, but people said that the current events in America would never happen. It will never happen until it does.

Our system isn't infallible, and the right set of circumstances we could see flash points like were seeing in the states. I think it's an ever present threat in societies where popularist politics divide people. Imagine if the last election with Corbyn leading labour and Boris on the otherside had been a hung parliament, with the potential to rescind Brexit as being a deal breaker for the other parties to join a coalition government. That would have been anarchy. I think there's some very big cracks in our constitution that need fixing, and I think it's more luck than design that things havent spiralled out of control like they have in the US.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I always try not to insult people on NSC but I make an exception for the Trump supporters and apologists on here who are utter *****tains on the bedsheets of society who support and comply with everything any decent human being should stand against. I have no other words for how low you people have sunk.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Today has made it clear (if it wasn't clear before to many of us) how right wing (and majority racist) the US forces of law and order are. I'm no big fan of BLM (black lives matter, yes, absolutely, just not so keen on the variety with capital letters if you know what I mean) but when they held a demo, the police (or were they the National Guard?) were all tooled up in riot gear and ready to rumble - today? - just a token police presence and a bit of token resistance. Hell's bells - the average US policeman on the beat is more tooled up and aggressive than that lot today!

Nothing's changed - going back to my younger days in the 60s it was just the same. National Guard (and generally the police too) were always that way. "What's that? Some ni88er leading a protest march to Selma Alabama? Hey man, hold on, I'll get me coat and get tooled up and be there before you can say Uncle Tom's effin' Cabin" ...... "Huh, some kids protesting about the Viet Nam war? - Geez, un-American traitors, just let me get at those commie feckers" ............. "Democratic Convention in Chicago 1968, Mayor Daley says some leftie is trying to get the nomination - huh! Not in the Yewnited States if I can help it!" ...... get the picture?

So today, token police presence; no tear gas, let alone guns. I understand the Mayor called for the National Guard .............. but sure as f*** those good ol' boys sure took their time getting there! TBH, even though Washington is now under curfew, which'll take some policing, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the good ol' boys haven't turned out yet!

The authorities certainly knew what was coming, , warnings about carrying weapons were issued well in advance of the event, they saw the numbers arriving, they saw the ever more angry speech's, the final exhortation from Trump to "March up There "... Yet, most of the police just carried side arms and riot sticks, even Secret Service agents in the building only carried automatic pistols and riot sticks. Maybe they were hoping that the anger would dissipate if the authorities let them have their protest and drifted home rather than put up an almost impenetrable barrier. Still either way, a day to shame American democracy.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Trump was elected on a mandate to shake Washington up. He has fired any official and advisor who has questioned his view of how to shake things up from his omnipotent position of Commander in Chief. He has spoken directly to his base daily/hourly by the enabler of Twitter/social media. The bloke has fanned the flames of isolationism, internal divisions and has popularised the term Fake News. He is running the WH like a family business and is surrounded and emboldened by sycophants/believers/followers/chancers. He is a narcissistic man of limited intelligence, intellect and clearly has very major deep-seated personality and mental health issues from a life of privilege and his relationship with his father (all well discussed and documented). Without Covid-19 and George Floyd he would probably be in power for another four years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trump was elected on a mandate to shake Washington up. He has fired any official and advisor who has questioned his view of how to shake things up from his omnipotent position of Commander in Chief. He has spoken directly to his base daily/hourly by the enabler of Twitter/social media. The bloke has fanned the flames of isolationism, internal divisions and has popularised the term Fake News. He is running the WH like a family business and is surrounded and emboldened by sycophants/believers/followers/chancers. He is a narcissistic man of limited intelligence, intellect and clearly has very major deep-seated personality and mental health issues from a life of privilege and his relationship with his father (all well discussed and documented). Without Covid-19 and George Floyd he would probably be in power for another four years.

Shame on the Republican Party for enabling the delusions of the orange loser right up until, oh, about 12 hours ago. Now, apart from the worst of the worst, they're all falling over themselves to desert the sinking shit

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Shame on the Republican Party for enabling the delusions of the orange loser right up until, oh, about 12 hours ago. Now, apart from the worst of the worst, they're all falling over themselves to desert the sinking shit

Yep, it pathetic they left it this long. They have only deserted when they realised Trump's political career was over

Pence needs to do the right thing and use the 25th amendment for the sake of world security...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is what happens when celebrities are given the top job. It's all about being popular. I know someone else like that..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She really didn't. The hand incident(s) were because Trump has a well-known phobia of walking down stairs and slopes.

It's called Bathmophobia apparently.

Trump is incredibly unpopular in this country even with Tory voters.

Maybe with Tory voters but Twitter is awash with old tweets from Andrea Jenkyns, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson, the leader of the Tories in London cllrsuzie, etc. Some are screen shots because the originals have been deleted.
This morning Pritti Patel is unwilling to condemn Trump’s actions.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe with Tory voters but Twitter is awash with old tweets from Andrea Jenkyns, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson, the leader of the Tories in London cllrsuzie, etc. Some are screen shots because the originals have been deleted.

I would assume it's because she probably does not understand the issues at stake ? However, surely she should be calling for the death penalty for the instigators of this attack on democracy or is she still opposed to "counter-terrorism " ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

She refused several times and then changed her tune. The Mirror quoted her directly.

"Well, his comments directly led to the violence, and so far he’s failed to condemn that violence, and that is completely wrong.

“Let’s be very clear in terms of the scenes - what we’ve seen in Washington and the display of the violence. He has not - you know, he basically has made a number of comments yesterday that helped to fuel that violence and you know, he didn’t actually do anything to, you know, de-escalate that whatsoever.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-says-donald-trump-23275512

She seems to have been sent back on message by someone and appears to have the articulative skills of a lower league footballer.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
From the BBC.

The US House of Representatives has just voted 282-138 to reject an objection to Pennsylvania’s electoral college votes. The Senate has already dismissed a similar objection.

So 138 representatives are still camp Trump ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here