knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
They’ve certified the wrong man.

91F01C26-9469-4246-A03F-A2A985A4C441.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today has made it clear (if it wasn't clear before to many of us) how right wing (and majority racist) the US forces of law and order are. I'm no big fan of BLM (black lives matter, yes, absolutely, just not so keen on the variety with capital letters if you know what I mean) but when they held a demo, the police (or were they the National Guard?) were all tooled up in riot gear and ready to rumble - today? - just a token police presence and a bit of token resistance. Hell's bells - the average US policeman on the beat is more tooled up and aggressive than that lot today!

Nothing's changed - going back to my younger days in the 60s it was just the same. National Guard (and generally the police too) were always that way. "What's that? Some ni88er leading a protest march to Selma Alabama? Hey man, hold on, I'll get me coat and get tooled up and be there before you can say Uncle Tom's effin' Cabin" ...... "Huh, some kids protesting about the Viet Nam war? - Geez, un-American traitors, just let me get at those commie feckers" ............. "Democratic Convention in Chicago 1968, Mayor Daley says some leftie is trying to get the nomination - huh! Not in the Yewnited States if I can help it!" ...... get the picture?

So today, token police presence; no tear gas, let alone guns. I understand the Mayor called for the National Guard .............. but sure as f*** those good ol' boys sure took their time getting there! TBH, even though Washington is now under curfew, which'll take some policing, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the good ol' boys haven't turned out yet!

Again, I'm pretty sure the mayor can't call for the NG.
Certainly not as a preemptive measure.

Im happy to be loud wrong on this but I believe the mayor has to request army assistance from the state governor, who for DC, is Trump.
He said no, it wasn't necessary.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The sad reality is we have a lot of leftie tossers like Owen Jones, Caroline Lucas etc going off on one tonight.

Yet all summer we’ve had Antifa violence against individuals, torching businesses, cars and other private property and we hear nothing.

What would have happened if Trump had won this election and Antifa had stormed the Capitol Building? The same leftie tossers would be rejoicing calling it legitimate protest and rightful revolution.

These lefty commentators are as vile as Trump and his ilk

So much ignorant Right-wing BS in your post, it's hard to know where to start in responding.

So we heard nothing about the Antifa violence over the summer? Odd, because it was on the news all the time, along with Trump's denunciations and demands that they be given mandatory 10-year sentences for criminal damage of State property.

And I'm not convinced that some of the 'Antifa violence' - which I totaly condemn - was not caused by far-Right (Trunp supporting) infiltrators to deliberately discredit Antifa. One of the oldest Right-wing tricks in the book - but of course, to suggest that this happens is to invite accusations of loony Left-wing paranoia and conspiracy theories.

Still, I'm not aware that Antifa resort to driving their cars into their political opponents to deliberately kill and maim them, which is a tactic sometimes adopted by fa-Right white-supremacist Trump supporters who have no resepct for other people's lives or views, and who genuinely seem to believe that liberals and Blacks are lower forms of life. Ironic given how uneducated, ignorant and incoherent so many MAGA-cap-wearing Trump supporters are.

Maybe you also missed, over the summer, the marches and occupation of government buildings by gun-toting Trump-supporting, bullies and thugs protesting aganst lock-downs. That too was reported in the media, but perhaps you chose to miss this too?

You then ask: "What would have happened if Trump had won this election and Antifa had stormed the Capitol Building?" Well, I strongly suspect there would have been a much more vigorous response from the police and the National Guard, who would cheerfully have waded in to crack a few Lefie-liberal skulls, cheered on by Trump supporters, Fox News and people like you. The law-enforcement agencies certainly would not have held back and adopted the low-profile, softyl-softly approach that they've adopted in the current situation - and which they adopted over the summer during those marches and occupations by Trump-supporters, when the cops seemed to develop a sudden fascination for cloud formations.

Still carry on deflecting - any Right-wing violence or subversion of democracy, and people like you pop-up going "What about the Lefties? Antifa and BLM are as bad."

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't have access. Does anyone know how Fox News have been reporting today's events?
One 'hot take' I saw early doors was works to the effect of:-

'This is how nice people protest, no vandalism, no graffiti no violence'

Okay then.

From the BBC.

The US House of Representatives has just voted 282-138 to reject an objection to Pennsylvania’s electoral college votes. The Senate has already dismissed a similar objection.

So 138 representatives are still camp Trump ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What's the opposite of 'UNBELIEVABLE!!!'?

Oh yeah that's right

Believable.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From the BBC.

The US House of Representatives has just voted 282-138 to reject an objection to Pennsylvania’s electoral college votes. The Senate has already dismissed a similar objection.

So 138 representatives are still camp Trump ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Utterly insane, I wonder when they come up for re-election ? People need to remember when the time comes.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I have to defend Trump. Probably about 90% of the quality comedy that I’ve been amused by over the last 5 years has emanated from one of his orifices. I wouldn’t recommend placing in a position of power, but his ability to place himself in front of an audience and humiliate himself is the stuff that legends are made of. I, for one, will miss his hysterical tirades. Granted you could occasionally accuse him of lacking humility, but you can’t deny that he’s taken political satire to a new level.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She refused several times and then changed her tune. The Mirror quoted her directly.

"Well, his comments directly led to the violence, and so far he’s failed to condemn that violence, and that is completely wrong.

“Let’s be very clear in terms of the scenes - what we’ve seen in Washington and the display of the violence. He has not - you know, he basically has made a number of comments yesterday that helped to fuel that violence and you know, he didn’t actually do anything to, you know, de-escalate that whatsoever.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-says-donald-trump-23275512

She seems to have been sent back on message by someone and appears to have the articulative skills of a lower league footballer.

Let’s not forget a British politician was murdered in cold blood, and Farage quoted as saying he would don khaki and pick up a rifle if Brexit wasn’t delivered, just a few years ago.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Let’s not forget a British politician was murdered in cold blood, and Farage quoted as saying he would don khaki and pick up a rifle if Brexit wasn’t delivered, just a few years ago.

Suffice to say Nige very quiet on what happened yesterday. Best stay quiet there might still be a paycheck still someday....

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I have to defend Trump. Probably about 90% of the quality comedy that I’ve been amused by over the last 5 years has emanated from one of his orifices. I wouldn’t recommend placing in a position of power, but his ability to place himself in front of an audience and humiliate himself is the stuff that legends are made of. I, for one, will miss his hysterical tirades. Granted you could occasionally accuse him of lacking humility, but you can’t deny that he’s taken political satire to a new level.

And blood on his hands overnight. Not so amusing and indefensible.

Utterly nuts that he was ever allowed to take office in the first place. The richest, most backward, messed up country on earth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here