Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

I'm genuinely starting to get a little nervous about what is happening in the US now. Trump's whining and moaning and lies are somehow gaining traction despite their absurdity.

There is no Republican " In The Room" as it were, with the guts, power or authority to actually tell Trump that its over. It should have happened by now or are they genuinely afraid of what insanity Trump is capable of when he has to face the reality of being a " Loser"?

I get what you mean, however it would be a monumental shift in circumstances for that **** to get in.

I just cant wait for Biden to get in now and make America Normal Again. Best thing will be rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement :)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I get what you mean, however it would be a monumental shift in circumstances for that **** to get in.

I just cant wait for Biden to get in now and make America Normal Again. Best thing will be rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement :)

I think there are more pressing problems than that. Democracy and freedom for starters. If Trump did a u-turn on the Paris climate agreement that wouldn’t make him any less dangerous. This goes further than individual policies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love the Trump/Wisconsin logic.

Don't allow mail in votes to be opened early.
Receive an unprecedented amount of mail in votes.
Dump a 100k mail in votes after the polls close.
Say votes were cast illegally.

It's a crazy plan but it might just work.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

No, it won't.

He knows full well it's over - hence the recent Freudian (Trumpian?) slip in the tweet about Biden winning.

He's simply trying to grab as much money and cover his ass as best he can, on the way out.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Similarly Giulani's comment yesterday that he was happy to lose these court cases, so they can then appeal and take them to the Supreme Court. (And implied but not said, to the 6-3 Republican bias on the SC).

It's an incredibly twisted logic, and it stands virtually no chance of succeeding, but it's breathtaking that a supposedly great democracy can be lowered to this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm genuinely starting to get a little nervous about what is happening in the US now. Trump's whining and moaning and lies are somehow gaining traction despite their absurdity.

There is no Republican " In The Room" as it were, with the guts, power or authority to actually tell Trump that its over. It should have happened by now or are they genuinely afraid of what insanity Trump is capable of when he has to face the reality of being a " Loser"?

I have no doubts about the outcome of the presidential race – Trump doesn't have a chance, nor (I suspect) does he even WANT to win.

What concerns me is that his followers are lapping up everything he says or does, to the point where a Reuters poll yesterday suggested that a majority of republicans think Biden stole the election and believed in vote rigging.

Trump, almost single-handedly, has managed to destroy the view of democracy in the country with what he has done and continues to do – based on zero evidence, remember. Long after he's gone (out of office, as opposed to dead), Republicans will continue to peddle this bullshit and maintain that the election wasn't fair and drive and even deeper wedge between them and 'the other side'. Yet AGAIN Trump proves he doesn't care about ANYONE apart from himself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have no doubts about the outcome of the presidential race – Trump doesn't have a chance, nor (I suspect) does he even WANT to win.

What concerns me is that his followers are lapping up everything he says or does, to the point where a Reuters poll yesterday suggested that a majority of republicans think Biden stole the election and believed in vote rigging.

Trump, almost single-handedly, has managed to destroy the view of democracy in the country with what he has done and continues to do – based on zero evidence, remember. Long after he's gone (out of office, as opposed to dead), Republicans will continue to peddle this bullshit and maintain that the election wasn't fair and drive and even deeper wedge between them and 'the other side'. Yet AGAIN Trump proves he doesn't care about ANYONE apart from himself.

[tweet]1329372637433389056[/tweet]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I watched that earlier this morning. The whole thing is a car crash but, as I alluded to, not surprising in the least :dunce:

Similarly Giulani's comment yesterday that he was happy to lose these court cases, so they can then appeal and take them to the Supreme Court. (And implied but not said, to the 6-3 Republican bias on the SC).

It's an incredibly twisted logic, and it stands virtually no chance of succeeding, but it's breathtaking that a supposedly great democracy can be lowered to this.

Three of those Republicans were appointed by the Bush family so I am not sure that will help.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

The brightest and best of the Trumpians.

I watched that earlier this morning. The whole thing is a car crash but, as I alluded to, not surprising in the least :dunce:

Apparently they are putting on an act. But as has been said, satire really is dead, there's nothing there that we haven't heard daily recently.

The 'Do your own research' line cracked me up. Reminded me of a few on here...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apparently they are putting on an act. But as has been said, satire really is dead, there's nothing there that we haven't heard daily recently.

The 'Do your own research' line cracked me up. Reminded me of a few on here...

I'm sure some of them ARE acting. What's worrying/baffling is that a lot of them AREN'T!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No, it won't.

He knows full well it's over - hence the recent Freudian (Trumpian?) slip in the tweet about Biden winning.

He's simply trying to grab as much money and cover his ass as best he can, on the way out.
And to give his stooges time to destroy evidence before Biden's transition team gets to look about.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Three of those Republicans were appointed by the Bush family so I am not sure that will help.

and all of them are trained lawyers to likely to follow the law first, politics second. they get to decide where the law is ambiguous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This 'great democracy' has been on this path of self destruction for the best part of 10 years.

Unbelievably they are closer to a Mitch McConnell dictatorship than they are a democracy.

The judiciary has been set up to reverse abortion laws, among other here, overturning a democratic election (won't happen) would just be a bit of a bonus.

Young black American women must be terrified.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Trump announcing an 'important' press conference in 3 hours time, where his lawyers will outline “a very clear and viable path to victory” as “pieces are very nicely falling into place”.

Get the popcorn in. Could be another Four Season Total Landscaping Giulani trouser-fumbling classic.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Here is one for any fans of Amazon Prime’s ‘The Boys’ Superhero series.

A Trump supporter is dressed as the series main Superhero ‘Homelander’ with a Trump mask.

7d5335945df9c17b7ad78bd28942c8ab.jpg

https://twitter.com/therealkripke/status/1328006661408055296?s=21

I can’t think of a more befitting character to frame as Trump so well done to that particular American.
Wow. As you say, the perfect character!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here