Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I watched the whole show yesterday morning. Fascinating and depressing in equal measure how some Americans think, or form their opinions.

I've always been a big fan of John Oliver from the Bugle through The Daily Show to now.

The stuff he's doing on LWT is very impressive, ruffling feathers and not getting sued.
That must take a pooh load of research.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The John Oliver piece on Coal, and the subsequent SLAPP suits piece are absolutely magnificent and must watch clips on YouTube. Obviously, the Trump piece from the 2016 election is spot on along with the discussions of Stupid Watergate. The irony being that any kind of intellectual discussion is what benefits Trump - his people don't like a clever discussion of anything, ever.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The John Oliver piece on Coal, and the subsequent SLAPP suits piece are absolutely magnificent and must watch clips on YouTube. Obviously, the Trump piece from the 2016 election is spot on along with the discussions of Stupid Watergate. The irony being that any kind of intellectual discussion is what benefits Trump - his people don't like a clever discussion of anything, ever.

They also don't like be lectured too by a Brit.
I have that straight from a particularly smart Democrat, horses mouth.

The coal stuff was great as he was going up against Trump's biggest supporter and one of America's most litigious money men.
He attempted to sue, got nowhere and tried to quietly back down.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm conflicted with this latest war with Iran thing. Part of me thinks he'll quite happily give the order because a) it'll destabilise Biden and co and b) he'll want to go down – like every president before him (whether you think it's a good thing or a bad thing) as a wartime President. However, on the other side, I just don't think he could be arsed trying to coordinate or deal with it and I think that's the REAL reason why he's not invaded anywhere – that and the fact that the people in power in the places he could've gone are thought of as his best buddies.

In short, he's all talk and no (military) action. Funny bloke.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've always been a big fan of John Oliver from the Bugle through The Daily Show to now.

The stuff he's doing on LWT is very impressive, ruffling feathers and not getting sued.

HBO have always had a good record with their political show, the stuff you see from LWT and Real Time with Bill Maher just wouldn't appear on the US networks, although Saturday Night Live from NBC has always pushed the boundaries. The only problem is LWT and Real Time are preaching to the converted, you aren't going to get many Fox News viewers tuning in so I'm not sure that it's really an agent of change

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm conflicted with this latest war with Iran thing. Part of me thinks he'll quite happily give the order because a) it'll destabilise Biden and co and b) he'll want to go down – like every president before him (whether you think it's a good thing or a bad thing) as a wartime President. However, on the other side, I just don't think he could be arsed trying to coordinate or deal with it and I think that's the REAL reason why he's not invaded anywhere – that and the fact that the people in power in the places he could've gone are thought of as his best buddies.

In short, he's all talk and no (military) action. Funny bloke.

He won't invade but he might press a few buttons.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like Melania has taken his phone away for a Time Out as he hasn't tweeted today/ Have a tantrum = sit on the naughty step.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This isn't for those of a nervous disposition.
Before reading on I suggest:-

Move precious belongings away from you.
Put down any beverage.
Slip into a corset
Sit down.
Probably best to hold your willy 'closed' - just in case of an accident.

Now continue

[tweet]1328782492913033219[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here is one for any fans of Amazon Prime’s ‘The Boys’ Superhero series.

A Trump supporter is dressed as the series main Superhero ‘Homelander’ with a Trump mask.

7d5335945df9c17b7ad78bd28942c8ab.jpg

https://twitter.com/therealkripke/status/1328006661408055296?s=21

I can’t think of a more befitting character to frame as Trump so well done to that particular American.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

The LWT content should be compulsory viewing for the Brexit mob who want us to get into a trade deal with the yanks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In reversal, GOP officials in key Michigan county certify ballot count after striking a compromise with Democrats[/URL]

quick reverse ferret after the people involved in original decision shown to be racists, but ashamed of that exposure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here