Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Yep, not good. But, I guess it’s nowhere near as bad as Hunter allegedly having underage sex pics/tapes on his hard drive. Now, I think that would be much worse and deserves to be investigated.

You know as well as I do that is nonsense.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My only hope is the orange buffoon loses on Nov 3.

Meanwhile, let’s wait and see if those saying the complete opposite win the day in the public perception of it.

[tweet]1318982970720415745[/tweet]

View attachment 129644

View attachment 129645

Those particular stills were picked and released before they can be put in any context for a reason. I loath Guiliani, but I expect he's tucking his shirt in and when that becomes clear everyone will have had their fun and no one will care that the insinuations were actually bs, it all just won't matter any more.

Pretty much everything is a load of crap these days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Red wave is coming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those particular stills were picked and released before they can be put in any context for a reason. I loath Guiliani, but I expect he's tucking his shirt in and when that becomes clear everyone will have had their fun and no one will care that the insinuations were actually bs, it all just won't matter any more.

Pretty much everything is a load of crap these days.

Its odd how you can allude to something as serious as 'predatory sex offender' and with some famous people it will instantly become a story and others it won't, no matter how fake the news is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
McConnell, Graham et al have done everything they can, through gerrymandering and a full Republican judiciary below the Supreme Court, to set up a massive GOP victory.

The fact that the Dems are doing much the same doesn't bare thinking about.

[tweet]1319113680072695810[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, not good. But, I guess it’s nowhere near as bad as Hunter allegedly having underage sex pics/tapes on his hard drive. Now, I think that would be much worse and deserves to be investigated.

yeah, should be investigated, along with why those in posession of the drives didnt share them with the authorities. funny isnt how this became a story now, months after the drives were first known about, a year after they were supposedly found.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wonder how much truth there is to all this stuff about Hunter Biden, the disk and alleged pictures of underage girls.
Also, no-one has denied that the emails are not genuine.
I can see this all going badly for Joe over the next week or so.
Looks like Trump may be getting a very fortunate break.

There is a very bad smell around the Biden clan, fairly similar to the Clintons. No man in history has had more manure thrown at him than Trump. Derided, despised, villified and yet here he is, closing the gap, relentlessly, day after day and when Biden wanted to stay squeaky clean, mud is starting to stick. Just like Hilary, four years ago, odds on favourite and shoe-in to win, this has all the hallmarks of going the same way.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
yeah, should be investigated, along with why those in posession of the drives didnt share them with the authorities. funny isnt how this became a story now, months after the drives were first known about, a year after they were supposedly found.

Timing is everything.

larus

If Trump gets re-elected, I can see some big changes in legislation towards FB/Twitter. Their loss of protection from article 230? (whatever it is which protects them from prosecuted as not being a publisher, just a platform), but they will find it very hard to defend that in the future with their blatant suppression of stories against Biden, but allowing anything anti-Trump.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, the FBI agent assigned to it works as a pedophile Investigator.

It amazes me that so many seem to accept everything said about Trump as being true, yet deny everything said about Biden. Surely, if you believe in a just society, then the truth is important not just what you want to hear.

Deffo.

Although I don't think there's a culture of deny around Biden more a case of 'well he's nowhere near as bad as Trump'.

As a defence goes you'd have thought the Democrats could have found a candidate with a little more going for them than just clearing the lowest prerequisite for the job.

larus

Deffo.

Although I don't think there's a culture of deny around Biden more a case of 'well he's nowhere near as bad as Trump'.

As a defence goes you'd have thought the Democrats could have found a candidate with a little more going for them than just clearing the lowest prerequisite for the job.

Another example of this is the stories going around that the FBI KNEW that the Russian accusations being made were started by the Clinton campaign. Now, this sounds preposterous, but it’s accepted now that the Steele dossier was garbage.
So, what if the whole basis of the Trump accusations/impeachment attempt was carried out by those who opposed him.
Then, the whole point of ‘drain the swamp’ makes sense.

Supposedly, there is enough evidence on the Hunter drive to completely destroy the basis for the Russian investigations against Trump, and, from what I’ve read, this was with the FBI before the impeachment process.

I’m trying to be careful with what I’m saying. I’m not saying I believe Trump is a good guy and Biden bad. I just think there’s a lot more going on than is in the public domain. Sure, I think Trump has done dodgy things, but I also believe that there’s a lot of skeletons within the Biden closet, and there is is much public interest in these as in Trumps.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Article in the Athletic that ties CPFC American owners to being donors to the Trump campaign and also being close allies to Jared Kushner, Trumps Senior Advisor.... Lovely stuff :O

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
'the stories going around'

I think I may have spotted a problem with the legitimacy of your sources there.

Is this really what democracy has come to? Whoever can create the greatest amount of online insinuation and doubt around people connected with the other side, whoever can make the most mud stick, wins?

Hopefully not and people have seen it for what it all is and this is all just on-line noise.

The problem is that the noise makes it harder for peole to hear the real, and important, stuff. How much airtime is devoted to this shite which should be used giving people real information about the actual impact of Trump's tax cuts (mainly upward redistribution from poor to rich). Or what each canddates policies are on healthcare and what that would mean in practice. Or policies on economic recovery and climate change (Biden has good ones, but needs to work out how to sell those to the traditional industrial states)? What impact a trade war with China would have (no idea)?

Part of the problem though is that Trump doesn't have coherent policies or even a coherent ideology (as I suspect we will discover in the final debate). And even if he did, he isn't interested in learning and remembering them. He just wants to talk big and say whatever he feels like, as he has done all his life, and got away with it due to his inherited privilige.

And this is the problem with the narrative I see repeated here that this is a 'both sides' problem.

It's not. Trump has broken new ground in terms of lowering the tone and infantilizing politics and he is successfully dragging the other side (already fairly low) down further with him. And we've seen the same over here.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Another example of this is the stories going around that the FBI KNEW that the Russian accusations being made were started by the Clinton campaign. Now, this sounds preposterous, but it’s accepted now that the Steele dossier was garbage.
So, what if the whole basis of the Trump accusations/impeachment attempt was carried out by those who opposed him.
Then, the whole point of ‘drain the swamp’ makes sense.

Supposedly, there is enough evidence on the Hunter drive to completely destroy the basis for the Russian investigations against Trump, and, from what I’ve read, this was with the FBI before the impeachment process.

I’m trying to be careful with what I’m saying. I’m not saying I believe Trump is a good guy and Biden bad. I just think there’s a lot more going on than is in the public domain. Sure, I think Trump has done dodgy things, but I also believe that there’s a lot of skeletons within the Biden closet, and there is is much public interest in these as in Trumps.

Exactly who, other than you and Trump, have declared that the Steele dossier is garbage?

As for impeachment, let's not forget that Trump was saved because despite all the senators swearing an oath, they voted not to hear any witnesses or evidence!!!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Red wave is coming.

Ekz3icjXYAAF1zn.jpeg

Maybe with a combination of vote rigging, blocking democratic votes and the inherent thickness of many of the rednecks in the mid west. The autocrat may extend his personality cult?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Exactly who, other than you and Trump, have declared that the Steele dossier is garbage?

As for impeachment, let's not forget that Trump was saved because despite all the senators swearing an oath, they voted not to hear any witnesses or evidence!!!!

Of course its false...... he read it on Breitbart!

The main contributor of that report, the Russian fella, Igor Danchenko has just given his first and only ever interview. In it ;

Danchenko defended his work on the dossier. “I stand by it,” he said. He said he did not resile from explosive allegations that Trump may have been compromised during a visit in 2013 to Moscow’s Ritz-Carlton hotel. “I got it right,” he added.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/21/trumps-false-russian-spy-claims-put-me-in-danger-says-steele-dossier-source

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here