Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Current US deficit is $3.1 trillion
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u...soars-to-record31-trillion-in-2020-2020-10-16

The last year of Obama's presidency, the deficit was $587 billion

Now, what are you saying about big government?
Sorry I don't understand what you're getting at.

I was talking about taxation and certainly at no point did I even come close to financial prudence!!!
So again, I don't see Trump's personal tax issues as a deal breaker because of a potential 'its my money I earned it, I'm not giving it to you' attitude that is portrayed to me, from over there.

If anything racking up a massive deficit rather proves the point I was making.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I probably know no more than you on Americans and tax. My guess would be that there’s a large middle ground (floating voters?) who are prepared to and do pay a wedge in tax. Then there are Republicans and Repblicans, ranging from the Orange tax evader to millions with morals.

Hmmmm I'm GUESSING there isn't.
I think that reads like transposing the UK electoral onto our friends across the water.

I'm guessing there aren't too many (in the whole scheme of things) floating voters.
I think the dividing line of the electorate is those that can and can't be bothered to vote, with minds already made up.

Which is why I'm guessing Trump not paying his taxes really doesn't matter to the bigger picture, almost even gaining him votes (he writes jokingly - but with a stink eye!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been 'fun' over the last decade or so watching and listening to Howard change from a well rounded thoughtful political commentator, of quite some standing, with an awful lot of helf, into a 'i can't take this anymore, anti-trumper', with an awful lot of helf.

[tweet]1317170237293400064[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The moment we all knew was coming - Trump is now planting the idea that he will leave the country if he loses.

He’s DEFINITELY not a criminal scared of going to jail though. No sir.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think that reads like transposing the UK electoral onto our friends across the water.

I think we all do that to some extent.
It always used to baffle me in the Clinton vs Trump election when the Corbyn/Momentum types on social media would start evangelising over Hilary and in the next breath call Cameron and Osbourne evil right wingers. Hilary probably sits to the right of them.

I don't think you properly get a feel for politics without living in that place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we all do that to some extent.
It always used to baffle me in the Clinton vs Trump election when the Corbyn/Momentum types on social media would start evangelising over Hilary and in the next breath call Cameron and Osbourne evil right wingers. Hilary probably sits to the right of them.

I don't think you properly get a feel for politics without living in that place.

Good point, I always felt the same. It’s a political spectrum.

Funnily enough, Trump deliberately uses the binary analysis (nice and simple for him), intimating that Biden will pursue marxist policies, bowing to ‘Commies’.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, will it be Russia or North Korea?

I wonder how quickly the SDNY indictment can be served. If immediately you’d assume he’ll be arrested at the airport whilst trying to flee.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I wonder how quickly the SDNY indictment can be served. If immediately you’d assume he’ll be arrested at the airport whilst trying to flee.

Get your popcorn ready for the early hours of monday morning - US Sunday night.

CNN special called "The Insiders: A Warning from Former Trump Officials," airing featuring loads of former Trump aids, inc John Bolton all coming out and slamming him, his dishonesty and incompetence!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-officials/index.html

Also coincides with the release of a book from an 18 year Trump corp, close exec spilling damning revelations. 'The tower of Lies'

should be quite a week !.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-16/new-book-by-former-trump-aide-reveals-early-racist-comments

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Get your popcorn ready for the early hours of monday morning - US Sunday night.

CNN special called "The Insiders: A Warning from Former Trump Officials," airing featuring loads of former Trump aids, inc John Bolton all coming out and slamming him, his dishonesty and incompetence!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-officials/index.html

Also coincides with the release of a book from an 18 year Trump corp, close exec spilling damning revelations. 'The tower of Lies'

should be quite a week !.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-16/new-book-by-former-trump-aide-reveals-early-racist-comments

They are literally wasting their time. The people that will vote for him do not care. I am not sure they even believe the guff they come out with to explain it all away. That is the most damning indictment of the whole thing. There is holding your nose whilst voting and then there is this. Even if the Democrats managed to find the best candidate possible that no-one could even insinuate dirt against, they will still turn up in their droves to vote for this waste of oxygen.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They are literally wasting their time. The people that will vote for him do not care. I am not sure they even believe the guff they come out with to explain it all away. That is the most damning indictment of the whole thing. There is holding your nose whilst voting and then there is this. Even if the Democrats managed to find the best candidate possible that no-one could even insinuate dirt against, they will still turn up in their droves to vote for this waste of oxygen.

That is unfortunately very true, and I have first hand experience of it.

Ive got an old work mate, moved out to the states about 10 years ago with his American Mrs. They really are die hard Trump cultists, but they will only watch Fox or read the shite on sites like Bannons Breitbart....... and they genuinely believe it.

We get into proper ding dongs on whatsapp........... a few times I thought our friendship might be over as I give it both barrels over the orange buffoon and what a total disaster he has been to the world, NATO, the rise of Putin in the middle east and a divisive shambles in the US.

But he just doesn't buy any of it. Its all a conspiracy of lies by "Al' Beeb" (BBC) and its left wing controllers. He keeps telling me I need to wake up and use my brain. No he really does.

Its like they have placed themselves voluntarily into some North Korean type propaganda thing and now he is brainwashed.

Honestly worried for how he may react if/when the cretin he supports loses.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This is true. Fortunately it is a two horse race across the board in the US, so the votes of the 60% that do find him an embarrassment won't be split across 2-3 parties in the same way as anti-tory/anti-brexit votes were over here.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

But it's not about changing the views of die hard Trump supporters, it's about convincing the swing voter. There are enough of them to make a difference and it seems they are the ones that Trump seems hell bent on alienating.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Landslide is coming

You watch fake news you receive fake news

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Watch the left get destroyed YET AGAIN at the ballot box. You lot must love losing and by huge margins :lolol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But it's not about changing the views of die hard Trump supporters, it's about convincing the swing voter. There are enough of them to make a difference and it seems they are the ones that Trump seems hell bent on alienating.

Swing states going red. It's coming

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Watch the left get destroyed YET AGAIN at the ballot box. You lot must love losing and by huge margins :lolol:

Not this time Spence, dream on and delude yourself if you must mate.......

against the weakest democratic nominee in ages, a fella whose half a sandwich short of a picnic up top and looks like he could keel over at any moment.

Even with attempts at vote rigging, deliberately slowing down and under funding the US postal service, trying to stop voters in demographics he knows will vote against him.

Putting pro trump yes men into official state election dispute resolution positions.

Tipping the supreme court in his favour.

Trying to get his rag tag bunch of rednecks and white supremacists to "monitor" (a.k.a intimidate) the voting public.

He is still going to get destroyed this time.

4 years ago he was the outsider who was going to tear everything down, "drain the swamp" and bring on the good times. All he did was tear everything down and hes done nothing other than bullshit, shout his mouth off on twitter and preside over a totally shambolic 4 years of mismanagement, the loss of American influence in the middle east and globally, arse licking Putin as he weakens NATO and with Covid 19 being his coup de grâce of failure.

There are still die hard redneck Fox news cultists, but he's lost the swing voters and he will lose the office he is totally unfit to hold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here