Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
He didn't 'own a gun'

He stole his father's gun, which was bought legally
Okay, so a theft and a looney tune then. Do you feel watching that you tube channel could have given him the confidence to take on Trump and his security entourage?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Okay, so a theft and a looney tune then. Do you feel watching that you tube channel could have given him the confidence to take on Trump and his security entourage?
It could have been the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, but acting as the main driver? I'm not sure

I'm also not sure he was planning on taking out his security entourage, assassins rarely target more than the one person

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A firearms instructor at a local gun shop, Legion Arms, said Crooks had not been a customer at that store but opined that the distance of the shot was not great for the type of gun, an AR-15-style rifle, to be fired accurately in the right hands.

“That kind of round and gun are good for 700 or 800 yards,” the instructor, who declined to be identified, said. Crooks, he added, had shown inexperience in his aim, which may also have been affected because he had been rushed after being spotted on his perch above a glass research factory.

“He shot at the head and not the body – the body is what you shoot at when you’re shooting long distance,” the instructor said. “Shooting for the head is what people do because they’ve seen it in movies.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfortunately and such is life, it is a superb iconic photograph. A once in a lifetime shot.

The utter weirdness of America (well it's our weirdness with the religious extremism we somewhat exported) is there are probably enough people over there who genuinely believe he was saved by God.

Perhaps he was, but I'm not convinced God is his greatest fan.

He won't be around for ever and there is only so much damage he can do. I think we worry a lot about what he says and focus less on what he actually does because we don't live there.
Personally, I'm beyond caring these days. If they want to go around voting in morons and shooting each other, it's up to them. I just hope the EU and the UK start to distance themselves from the country. Both can all be polite to the country but this does not mean both have to deal with the US closely.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
It could have been the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, but acting as the main driver? I'm not sure

I'm also not sure he was planning on taking out his security entourage, assassins rarely target more than the one person
Sorry, I was more suggesting he was looney enough to think he would get away alive from taking on an effect army of guns. On the YouTube channel, many kids watch these hour after hour and some even spend more time than people do on this board!
Danger.......danger😉

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Trump has said a lot worse in the last 8 years. But Biden's reaction to this situation underlines the difference in class between the men. Biden has spoken brilliantly in response to this madness and shown a level of maturity and respect that Trump has spent his time in politics trying to squeeze out.

It is Trump's rhetoric in the last 8 years that has caused the current animosity in US politics. He has weaponised politics for his own greed and self interest. Obviously, nobody should be taking shots at him. But he unleashed this kind of ill feeling, he is responsible.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Personally, I'm beyond caring these days. If they want to go around voting in morons and shooting each other, it's up to them. I just hope the EU and the UK start to distance themselves from the country. Both can all be polite to the country but this does not mean both have to deal with the US closely.
Whilst the Democrats are somewhat shambolic at the moment with the Biden situation which needs sorting quickly, the very idea a considerable percent of the US electorate support such a dangerous and disgusting human being anywhere near the presidency is quite worrying, even if unsurprising. The UK must align themselves with the EU more and keep the US at arms length should a Trump presidency materialise. The US will be to all intent and purpose a failed state under Trump. The only hope of stopping this is the Democrats getting their act together and taking strong action with Biden + family. They need to put the interests of the US and wider world ahead of their personal ambitions and egos.

Where is the bit about them lowering their hand? Is there video of this?
No video, just reports. In trying to find the one prompting my post I came across this, which suggests the lowering might not have been through self-preservation (of the hand). It sounds quite plausible because when an assassin turns his gun towards you, the first instinct is to duck out of the way; you have no time to check your footing on whatever rung or ledge you're likely to land.

Screenshot_20240716-124559.png

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They have the best tech and equipment but maybe not the best brains? Plus maybe they buy into the make-believe of their own movies a bit much.
The secret service have, all wore black suits and black shades exactly like the movies portray them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here