Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It could have been the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, but acting as the main driver? I'm not sure

I'm also not sure he was planning on taking out his security entourage, assassins rarely target more than the one person
Rubbish. I worked as an assassin freelance for 24 years so I know what I’m talking about..

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Since the assassination attempt Trump is playing a blinder by not going after Biden in any way.
Keeping quiet and allowing Biden to remain as the democratic candidate for as long as possible plays right into Trump's hand.

The only way that Trump could lose is if an impressive fresh Democratic stands against him.

Trump is currently 4/11 to be the next president and Biden is 5/1.
Kamala Harris is 12/1.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If it is like people say, that Trump will win the election due to nearly getting assasinated, then maybe the entire concept of democracy should be questioned.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Since the assassination attempt Trump is playing a blinder by not going after Biden in any way.
Keeping quiet and allowing Biden to remain as the democratic candidate for as long as possible plays right into Trump's hand.

The only way that Trump could lose is if an impressive fresh Democratic stands against him.

Trump is currently 4/11 to be the next president and Biden is 5/1.
Kamala Harris is 12/1.
Trump is an evil genius and a real danger to Liberal democratic order.

In a bizarre way the whole episode has taken the pressure off Biden, but its now very clear its almost impossible for him to win.

Their only hope for them is to install a strong candidate ASAP to successfully communicate the achievements of the last 4 years and call out Trump's fascistic plans to dismantle the system.

If Trump does win in November god help the fight against global warming, the fossil fuel lobby are all over him like a rash

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trump is an evil genius and a real danger to Liberal democratic order.

In a bizarre way the whole episode has taken the pressure off Biden, but its now very clear its almost impossible for him to win.

Their only hope for them is to install a strong candidate ASAP to successfully communicate the achievements of the last 4 years and call out Trump's fascistic plans to dismantle the system.

If Trump does in November god help the fight against global warming, the fossil fuel lobby are all over him like a rash
Maybe him winning will be an opportunity for Europe and the UK to re-allign itself and ween itself off the US? There's a lot I like about the country, stunning geography and it's produced some exceptional arts, but the politics stink and half the population seem to be macho gun tooting jocks. Time to move away from them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Maybe him winning will be an opportunity for Europe and the UK to re-allign itself and ween itself off the US? There's a lot I like about the country, stunning geography and it's produced some exceptional arts, but the politics stink and half the population seem to be macho gun tooting jocks. Time to move away from them.
Whether we like it or not Europe has to work with the US. But collectively we have to realise even if a Trump 2nd term is adverted they cannot be relied upon and we need to plan for the future.

Europe needs to be have closer collaboration on defence, it outspends Russia but could not defend itself as things stand.

And yes UK need to work closer with Europe its mutually beneficial, total no brainer

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Whether we like it or not Europe has to work with the US. But collectively we have to realise even if a Trump 2nd term is adverted they cannot be relied upon and we need to plan for the future.

Europe needs to be have closer collaboration on defence, it outspends Russia but could not defend itself as things stand.

And yes UK need to work closer with Europe its mutually beneficial, total no brainer
The suggestion that Europe could not defend against and defeat Russia is absurd. Russia's conventional military capability has been significantly degraded. The only thing that would hamper Europe is stocks of critical munitions and this is being addressed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm not suggesting we isolate the US, more we need to row back from our current position. We can be polite, and collaborate on certain things, but defence is one thing I would row back on. Trump is unhinged, and I would not want to be associated with someone like him when it comes to defence.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Quite agree - but your last sentence lets you down. Ignorance or prejudice? I'll leave that for others to discuss (even knowing that there are some on NSC that are far too precious to even sneak into Wetherspoons for a free pee when they're caught short!)
It’s finding the toilets in a Weatherspoons I struggle with.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The suggestion that Europe could not defend against and defeat Russia is absurd. Russia's conventional military capability has been significantly degraded. The only thing that would hamper Europe is stocks of critical munitions and this is being addressed.
I reckon the UK alone could defend itself against Russia. Add in the rest of the Europe and I'd confident of a win.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not suggesting we isolate the US, more we need to row back from our current position. We can be polite, and collaborate on certain things, but defence is one thing I would row back on. Trump is unhinged, and I would not want to be associated with someone like him when it comes to defence.
Intelligence too. We could easily find ourselves in a situation where us telling the US something sees it reach Kremlin ears fairly swiftly afterwards.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trump fans online are now talking about that photo of him bloodied and being led away by the Secret Service while raising his fist as “the hardest / most iconic photo ever”.

Hardly.

It’s a photo of a senile old fart covered in blood being removed by security after spouting some right wing nonsense. A scene that plays out in most Wetherspoons on a weekly basis.
Quite right. Wouldnt happen in any of the prententious over-priced craft beer bars I visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here