Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Or why people love him so much.

He certainly elicits extreme feelings in folk.
I'll start with go with the shutting of of a neighbours water near his Scottish golf course and not reconnecting it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As for people loving him so much you’ll need to talk to some citizens of the USA where he appears to have a lot of love for a true understanding , as for these United States of NSC i’d suggest he gets a lot of love for childish reasons such as he irritates people like you, well at least i think so 🤷🤔
Like rounders, gridiron and school shootings, you have to be American to love em.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Does it also show Trump on the phone to Russia doing his spying? Try and keep it real. Next you'll be posting the photo taken two years ago that some people are using as evidence that Trump wasn't shot at all.
What on earth are you on about?

All i have done is link to a video where MSM has a video (which is from the Telegraph) showing videos taken at the rally where this took place sync'd up to mainly show events on the stage, as well as various views / events elsewhere in the area at the same time (taken presumably from videos posted by those who were there and filming during the event)

What does that have to do with Trump spying for Russia or photo's from 2 years ago? Did you quote the wrong person?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I found the '' U. S. A. U. S. A' chanting weird, how do you get to come patriotic, 'ain't America brilliant' conclusion after a Presidential candidate is nearly assassinated.

Weird country!
Yes it was almost like the recording of the shooting jumped into a recording of the US Open and it was actually DeChambeau sinking the winning putt who has morphed into an air-punching Trump

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It would be interesting to actually hear a balanced view on why people hate him so much.
“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
the old, "assassinated sympathy vote", what's not to like?
US voters need to sort their assassination sympathy vote out. RFK Jnr's dad actually got assassinated and he's only polling 9%.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
And he's orange with ridiculous hair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Shakespeare of shit :lolol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It’s finding the toilets in a Weatherspoons I struggle with.
I can help you with that one. My wife and I snuck into the ‘spoons at Poole Harbour the other day. I was busting for a wee and, thankfully, the toilets were easier to spot right at the back of the pub.
Phew, great relief!😁😳

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I doubt anyone thinks of Trump as an actual spy but he does run off at the mouth. Careless talk costs lives.
I think the phrase Useful Idiot best describes Trump. He's not off a-leaking and a-passing by design, however his actions don't half help.

Apologies just seen @Doc Lynam beat me to it on this.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As for people loving him so much you’ll need to talk to some citizens of the USA where he appears to have a lot of love for a true understanding , as for these United States of NSC i’d suggest he gets a lot of love for childish reasons such as he irritates people like you, well at least i think so 🤷🤔

I think @Chicken Run articulates his view so much better :laugh:

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It would be interesting to actually hear a balanced view on why people hate him so much.
Trump, Farage, Rees-Mogg et al are of philosophy where the principles of democracy don’t work and essentially you need to move toward authoritarianism and effectively an end to state care and intervention in society. I think they admire Putin because he’s already there.

I mean if you don’t rate democracy, accountability and the very basis of the rule of law, I’m sure they are people to properly get behind.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I found the '' U. S. A. U. S. A' chanting weird, how do you get to come patriotic, 'ain't America brilliant' conclusion after a Presidential candidate is nearly assassinated.

Weird country!
What ex-President, stands up and fist pumps the air shouting ‘fight, fight, fight’ and revelling in the MAGA audience’s response whilst his security detail, putting themselves between Trump and any other potential shooters, are desperately trying to lead him to safety?

And the shoes? Still active situation where they don’t know at that stage whether there is more than one shooter and Trump’s in a jostling match with his Secret Service detail because he wants his shoes?

Weird Country and weird Presidential candidate!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
People love him for similar reasons people love Farage here. A supposed ’man of the people’ who is going to take down the Big State and help ‘true’ Americans protect their jobs and culture and ’Stand up for ‘Merica - OORAH!”

Same demographic supporting the same ideology on both sides of the Pond.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
What ex-President, stands up and fist pumps the air shouting ‘fight, fight, fight’ and revelling in the MAGA audience’s response whilst his security detail, putting themselves between Trump and any other potential shooters, are d. esperately trying to lead him to safety?

And the shoes? Still active situation where they don’t know at that stage whether there is more than one shooter and Trump’s in a jostling match with his Secret Service detail because he wants his shoes?

Weird Country and weird Presidential candidate!
Yes, I thought that was v inept. Proper security would have lifted this old man up with his feet pedaling and carried him off, just like when bouncers removed my mate from Yates' bar 30 years ago... Not a "oh, after you oh, no, after you". I can only assume comms had told them the shooter had been "neutralised" but even then they didn't know it was a lone wolf. V poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here