Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It would be naive to think politicians or anyone one with the platform to do so, don’t influence the thoughts and behaviour of normal citizens - The whole essence of political objective (and social media influencers) is to do exactly that.

The point @Herr Tubthumper is making however (although he can explain his own points without my help), is that there is a direct correlation between the extreme rhetoric of popular leaders and the extreme reaction to that rhetoric of those that agree (or disagree) with them. In a society where guns are easily accessible and endemic, that reaction all too easily can lead to gun violence.

There is enough lessons in history to tell us that.

I have thoughts Zeb, but can’t afford to give up my weekend to articulate them. (to the relief of all present)

Let’s just say we agree more than we disagree and leave it there.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, the weapon used in the attempted assassination of Donald Trump on Saturday, is one of America’s most popular, recognisable – and notorious – weapons.

Closely related to the fully automatic military combat M-16 rifle, the AR-15 has been used in a number of recent mass shootings in the US, including the Las Vegas attack in October 2017, which killed 59 people, and the anti-LGBTQ+ attack that killed five people in Colorado Springs in November 2022.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Whoever took that picture will probably never have to work again.
CNN has spoken to Evan Vucci, the veteran Associated Press photographer, who took the photo of a bloodied Trump raising his fist in the air after he was grabbed by Secret Service agents.

Vucci told CNN: “Over my left shoulder, I heard pops, and I knew immediately what it was, and I just kind of went into work mode.”

Vucci said his experience in covering wars in Iraq and Afghanistan helped him to stay calm and focused in the moment: “That experience does help, trying to stay calm and understand you have a job to do.”

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
This is best picture I can find of the injury to Trump's ear

Looks like a bullet sized hole to me in the top half of his ear

1000005400.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Presumably you have issues with Kennedy's assassination and the moon landings as well

FFS.
Not at all. Which bit of “I’m not suggesting for one moment it was staged” did you not get?

I was simply saying nothing the Trump camp do would surprise me 🤷‍♂️

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Indeed it could be but thank goodness he is only a c**t and not a c**t with any real power

I find Farage’s view on hand guns absolutely disgusting and offensive.

I tried to watch the Dumblane documentary but could not stick it out because it was so incredibly disturbing. The potential thousands of lives that have been saved by the subsequent law making is a tribute to each and everyone of the Dumblane victims.

What a vile creature Farage is.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, the weapon used in the attempted assassination of Donald Trump on Saturday, is one of America’s most popular, recognisable – and notorious – weapons.

Closely related to the fully automatic military combat M-16 rifle, the AR-15 has been used in a number of recent mass shootings in the US, including the Las Vegas attack in October 2017, which killed 59 people, and the anti-LGBTQ+ attack that killed five people in Colorado Springs in November 2022.
I'm amazed he used an AR-15 and failed to blow Trump's head off. We know from many shootings that AR-15s cause massive damage. Some children were pretty much blown apart at Uvalde. If it was an AR-15 I can o ly assume he used a different bullet to those used in other shootings but I still can't understand how he could fire several shots and not hit his intended target.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I'm amazed he used an AR-15 and failed to blow Trump's head off. We know from many shootings that AR-15s cause massive damage. Some children were pretty much blown apart at Uvalde. If it was an AR-15 I can o ly assume he used a different bullet to those used in other shootings but I still can't understand how he could fire several shots and not hit his intended target.
There's a variety of bullets that do different things upon impact.

A 20 year wouldn't, I assume, have years of experience in target practice nor any military training.

Perhaps the wind blew the bullet off by a couple inches? Perhaps the sight wasn't set up correctly?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

A 20 year wouldn't, I assume, have years of experience in target practice nor any military training.

Perhaps the wind blew the bullet off by a couple inches? Perhaps the sight wasn't set up correctly?
I'm in my 60's and still manage to miss the loo from a foot or so away, on occasion, and I've had decades of practise.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It’s a good gun then. Not like those crappy Italian M19s

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.

Watching the footage Trump turns his head to the right slightly, a second before the first shot so instead of hitting him in the side of the head it hits his ear.
I expect the shooter had already planned to shoot and even though Trump moved he pulled the trigger. The adrenaline would've maybe made him a bit jumpy?
And looks like he's got milk bottle glasses on in pictures so his eyesight isn't that great anyhow.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Watching the footage Trump turns his head to the right slightly, a second before the first shot so instead of hitting him in the side of the head it hits his ear.
I expect the shooter had already planned to shoot and even though Trump moved he pulled the trigger. The adrenaline would've maybe made him a bit jumpy?
And looks like he's got milk bottle glasses on in pictures so his eyesight isn't that great anyhow.
Well exactly, plus he was only 20.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Doesn't matter what gun or what ammo you use if you miss the target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here