Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Troy Deeney Team of the week

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I suspect the BBC use voice recognition software to write articles - there's a noticable decline in spelling on their website over the last couple of years. So I suspect Troy just spoke his rather limited comments ( otherwise known as utter pointless comments ) and the software just misheard his comment. He's still worse than Crooks though.
He used the word "joke" on MOTD2 when unveiling his TOTW.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No Veltman (LOLz) and FIVE Liverpool players! I counted two monsters, but there could be more. (I'm using this thread in an attempt to banish the name of GC to NSC history!)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
No Veltman (LOLz) and FIVE Liverpool players! I counted two monsters, but there could be more. (I'm using this thread in an attempt to banish the name of GC to NSC history!)

I suspect he had a few beers watching the football on Sunday and then just phoned it in. Got to admire the no fucks given attitude of barely more than a sentence per player too.

Dec 29, 2011

The comments are damning, but not unfair. This is appalling journalism. Why must an ex-player be the one to choose the TOTW? Why not choose a football journalist who has a history of engaging writing? Shambles.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

1725275315239.png

To be fair, our game wasn't really that great and Liverpool were very impressive

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think... and I can't believe I'm writing this... I think I miss Garth Crooks. 😬
I think I might have said 'be careful what you wish for' when TD was announced. If not, I deffo thought it. #FreeGarthCrooks

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I think I might have said 'be careful what you wish for' when TD was announced. If not, I deffo thought it. #FreeGarthCrooks

After the first week, I was all for seeing some brevity after Garth Crooks waffling on about irrelevant stuff for 2 out of 3 paragraphs for each player. Since then ... he's taken it too far. Absolutely no actual analysis of why he's picking players. Just some totally meaningless words once they're used a few times too many (ie "monster").

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
His reasoning for picking Alison is that he was the only keeper to keep a clean sheet. Then he mentions how Liverpool were all over United. Surely it’s a lot easier to keep a clean sheet when your team is so dominant.

I’ve not seen every game highlights yet but Bart and Raya both made important saves in our game. Wouldn’t you pick a keeper who has made some saves and contributed to his teams results rather than someone who has had an easy afternoon cause the team he’s played against are shite.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Top class journalism

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Troy 1 (sigh): He's wonderful on the ball, looks so calm and composed. I think he'll be the one they end up selling next year to someone like Liverpool. He's naturally left-footed and never looks flustered. A clean sheet for a Brighton team who keep on rolling.

Troy 2 (sigh): I was at this game and very rarely do you go to a Premier League match and someone looks a level above both teams. He was running over £50m Kalvin Phillips like he wasn't there. If he can keep that up, he will not be at Brighton much longer.

Guess who? (Not that hard, I know)

"Monster" count this week: Two

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Troy 1 (sigh): He's wonderful on the ball, looks so calm and composed. I think he'll be the one they end up selling next year to someone like Liverpool. He's naturally left-footed and never looks flustered. A clean sheet for a Brighton team who keep on rolling.

Troy 2 (sigh): I was at this game and very rarely do you go to a Premier League match and someone looks a level above both teams. He was running over £50m Kalvin Phillips like he wasn't there. If he can keep that up, he will not be at Brighton much longer.

Since when has JPVH been left-footed? Someone had better tell Transfermarkt!

Apart from that his comments seem quite reasonable, though I can see that his praise of Sanchez might invoke derision and disapproval on here!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Can 'Troy 1' play left back? According to Deeney, yes he can!

As much as I love our boys, it highlights what a shit weekend it was if three players from a 0-0 draw are in his team of the week. That, or the fact that he was at the game, so it made his job a bit easier :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here