Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Troy Deeney Team of the week

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe. Joke is certainly an odd choice of word in this case
I suspect the BBC use voice recognition software to write articles - there's a noticable decline in spelling on their website over the last couple of years. So I suspect Troy just spoke his rather limited comments ( otherwise known as utter pointless comments ) and the software just misheard his comment. He's still worse than Crooks though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Absolutely not.

Besides, it would pass by a (human) copy editor.
Well some of the articles they publish have clearly been checked by a six year old for spelling and grammar.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yeah but it is Troy now. Totally different. We are bound to get a lot more respect and pandering to the big clubs will end.
Was a decent read. No idea how accurate his analysis is (given I don't have any football subs to be able to watch), but it's good to see it be a) brief and b) focus on performances. The Mitoma explanation was probably a bit too brief, but does adequately explain why he's picked him out of position.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Big Fab is Manager of the Week, too :clap:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Troy Deeney's team of the week (for what is worth)

Joao Pedro (Brighton): Former Watford guy, he scored a lot of goals there and I thought he played well. His goal capped a really good game, but he linked the play well, doing a lot of things behind the ball that a lot of people would not see.
Manager banner

Fabian Hurzeler (Brighton): Youngest manager in the Premier League and beating Manchester United on your home debut, it doesn't get much better than that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Troy Deeney's team of the week (for what is worth)

Joao Pedro (Brighton): Former Watford guy, he scored a lot of goals there and I thought he played well. His goal capped a really good game, but he linked the play well, doing a lot of things behind the ball that a lot of people would not see.
Manager banner

Fabian Hurzeler (Brighton): Youngest manager in the Premier League and beating Manchester United on your home debut, it doesn't get much better than that.
TBF several other pundits were calling Joao out at POTM too……..

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Pedro is like Welbz in that it's not just his goals but his overall link up play. He's did the cross which Welbz and Jack H just missed and then Mitoma crossed back in for Welbz to score.

Link btw

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here