Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Troy Deeney Team of the week

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I was tempted to have an open mind on Deeney taking over but seeing his silly gushing about Crooks has shut that down. He can fukk off.
Well...he was hardly going to be quoted saying something along the lines of "Crooksy was well past his sell-by date. I think I can improve on that load of old $hyte" was he?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Deeney's first TOTW is in
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cdx6lekn03no

Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton): I'm putting him as a number 10 in a 4-3-3 as I thought he was a joke for Brighton at Everton. He was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

A joke? Erm...

He's definitely a lot more concise than Garth. Just talking about the player, rather than 3 paragraphs on something unrelated to do with one of the Big Six. He's got a lot to learn.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think there's a middle ground between the 2..... a tiny bit more detail on his performance would be nice.

Dec 29, 2011

Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton): I'm putting him as a number 10 in a 4-3-3 as I thought he was a joke for Brighton at Everton. He was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

A joke? Erm...

He's definitely a lot more concise than Garth. Just talking about the player, rather than 3 paragraphs on something unrelated to do with one of the Big Six. He's got a lot to learn.
He also called two other players 'monsters' and one player a 'beast'. Using such colloquialisms makes for boring reading IMO. When I read the thoughts of a professional, I like a bit more insight that cheap throwaway words that don't add much to the article.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Said when he got the gig that he’d pick players in their correct positions unlike Garth and then first week puts Mitoma in the number 10 position 😂

Poor choice from from the BBC, as well as being an incredibly unlikeable individual, he offers nothing as a pundit as he didn’t in his month long stint as a manager or whatever it was.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Said when he got the gig that he’d pick players in their correct positions unlike Garth and then first week puts Mitoma in the number 10 position 😂

Poor choice from from the BBC, as well as being an incredibly unlikeable individual, he offers nothing as a pundit as he didn’t in his month long stint as a manager or whatever it was.
And also played Salah out of position (in Mitoma's spot) so he could get Saka in as well.
He needed to choose between the two Ss, put Mitoma on the right and picked Welbeck to play alongside Havertz.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Just saw this prime Crook example on Twatter. Won’t miss it
IMG_7093.png

Attachments

• IMG_7093.png
    IMG_7093.png
    738.8 KB · Views: 26

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Pretty poor choice in my opinion. No actual analysis at all of how a player performed at the weekend.
On the other hand I was really impressed with Joe Hart on MOTD at the weekend. In particular he had a good insight into goalkeeper decisions etc, not just the usual soundbites you get from lots of other pundits
I thought Hart was excellent on MOTD. An actual GK's point of view rather than "Yeah, he should have saved that" soundbite.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

A joke? Erm...

Did Troy Deeney's auto-correct let him down with his very odd Mitoma comment? He meant to write 'joy' not 'joke' shirley :facepalm:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought Hart was excellent on MOTD. An actual GK's point of view rather than "Yeah, he should have saved that" soundbite.
Yeah Hart was really good in the Euro’s too. Comes across as a knowledgable and really nice guy without trying to be one of the lads like some of them do.

In total contrast to what I thought he was as a player when he came across as a complete knob.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
"Monster," "monster", "joke".

Great vocabulary.

Reading that, it's starting to become obvious how his FGR stint was so bad. He's definitely from the Harry Redknapp school of "Tell the lads to run about a bit"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've never been a #DefundTheBBC type, but I think Troy Deeney might test my resolve. A 'joke' indeed...

#DefundTheDeeney

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here