Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trouble at the game today

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Terrible to hear. I'm sure PB will be all over this to ensure the idiot is never seen at any Brighton game in the future.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Most thugs are just bullies. Think it is time that more fans take responsibility and with cameras take pictures of these thugs and get them banned. Much nicer when you can walk to the ground and have a chat with an opposition fan rather than dodging punches. Unfortunately, there are still plenty morons about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Happened at a Friday night game at the Amex against Leeds the season you won promotion. Just as we got on a train at Brighton station for the Amex, a group of Brighton fans punched a young Leeds fan about 15 years old in the face. Other Leeds fans went to his aid but there was no more punches thrown. The Brighton guy who hit him was big - with a full beard and wore a full-length black leather coat. During the game one of our groups other half went to the ladies and didn't return so after the game we searched everywhere for her and waited for someone to check the ladies so we were one of the last out of the ground. As we walked past the away end to walk towards the station, we recognised the same big fella with his small gang picking off Leeds fans on their own. We went to the stewards who stepped in but a few minutes later the same group were at it again.

I walked past the enraged, red-faced, spitting mass of (mostly middle aged) Leeds fans in the Amex coach park a few years ago after another defeat for your lot……..one tried to break through the police line that was separating them from the BHA fans - women, kids, pensioners included - exiting the ground, and was told to back off or face arrest. That prompted him to take a few paces back and take a run-up to try to break through to get at anyone within range.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hope they get the culprits.....horrible to hear, even worse when our fans are acting in a brainless way.

Sorry I will edit that its bad violence caused by any fan

The total dickhead cowards who did this, are not Brighton fans.
If they were they would never do something that would tarnish the reputation of our community club, nor potentially bring into disrepute or cause fines.
Besides which no normal human with 1 ounce of intelligence or empathy punches an innocent fellow human for no reason other than the shirt he's wearing.

I hope this results in a banning order and very public outing of the knuckledragger/s who in no way represent the eclectic mix of real and human Albion fans.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
If they were they would never do something that would tarnish the reputation of our community club, nor potentially bring into disrepute or cause fines.
Besides which no normal human with 1 ounce of intelligence or empathy punches an innocent fellow human for no reason other than the shirt he's wearing.

I hope this results in a banning order and very public outing of the knuckledragger/s who in no way represent the eclectic mix of real and human Albion fans.

This is some no true scotsman rubbish.

We have some idiotic fans just like any club and no doubt they will bleed Albion just as you do.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is some no true scotsman rubbish.

We have some idiotic fans just like any club and no doubt they will bleed Albion just as you do.

Yes exactly. On the day they did it they were paying customers.

Hope the idiots are banned for life.

( On the subject of Leeds fans, having travelled back to London with them a few times they are up there with the worst. Not quite as bad as Everton though )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I agree with you.

Yeah they say they’re Albion to the core, but they have a pathetic interest on match-days in hoping to coward’s punch strangers. The type that obsess with away fans, invaders coming to their manor.

Pathetic.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Most thugs are just bullies. Think it is time that more fans take responsibility and with cameras take pictures of these thugs and get them banned. Much nicer when you can walk to the ground and have a chat with an opposition fan rather than dodging punches. Unfortunately, there are still plenty morons about.

Yep, unfortunately football still has its share of morons:-

[TWEET]843198742354411520[/TWEET]

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I hope they catch the criminals involved and they are given lifetime bans. No place for thuggery at the Albion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
after the Arsenal home game the season before last , the one we won 2-1 , we were walking back up to get picked up at the bus stop by our "saturday driver" we had walked up a rather slippery , muddy hill with some low treated pine log traffic barriers at the top there were 4 of us and behind us was a group of about 5 or 6 rather large blokes , no colours on display ......as we got to the top of the hill and stepped over the barrier one of them shouted out for directions to the station , it was then we realised they were the "away" lot and as they got closer you could see that a couple of them were either full of lager or sniff or probably both , the local lads i was with were keen to be at the pick up spot at the right time so the driver wouldn't have to wait , i stopped briefly and said the station was back the other way , the lead guy got to the top of the slope and then took a massive swing at me , which i ducked , he slipped over and slid back down the hill taking 2 of his mates with him ....comedy gold , i just stood there taking the piss for about 20 seconds then decided to catch up with the others who had seen the commotion but not the lead up .........by the time we got back to Worthing i had taken of 5 Arsenal thugs single handedly and was the toast of the town that evening ......funny how things can get twisted in translation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sad to see.

What goes through the solitary braincell of someone who decides to punch an innocent Watford fan?

I hope it’s reported and cctv is examined to identify the coward.

Cocaine?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Pretty shitty hitting scarfers, very cowardly, one thing I would say is there were many “lads” down in town yesterday from all over the country, the perp might not have been an Albion fan, the incident happed in West Street btw not the Amex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pretty shitty hitting scarfers, very cowardly, one thing I would say is there were many “lads” down in town yesterday from all over the country, the perp might not have been an Albion fan, the incident happed in West Street btw not the Amex!

That puts a completely different light on it. Might not even been about football.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Absolutely right.

Did anything happen to thug who pushed Uwe Hunenmeier when his momentum carried him into the Leeds stand?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That puts a completely different light on it. Might not even been about football.

86d7067ff3f5f9e330eb2dfb1de65077.jpg

So in fairness it also shouldn’t be described as “Trouble at the game” either, I saw a group of lads in West Ham shirts in West Street in the morning on a stag do as one example of other fans being in town, well I assume a stag do as one had an L plate on his front and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
So to sum up, there was no trouble at the game. The incident was in the city. All taken from 1 Watford fans tweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here