Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trolly at Watford

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
McCammon has the ability to hold the ball up well and can head the ball perfectly well - probably better than Zamora used to be able to.

Sadly though, he is piss poor on the floor (there are literally pub standard players with better skills on the floor) and he makes Teddy Sheringham look like a whippet. From what I have seen, the games where he has been effective (and there have been a few, to be fair) have been games where our midfield has been able to create space, get their foot on the ball, and lumped it into his midriff so that he has been able to hold the ball up and release our wide players.
Then of course the Sunderland game where he was left unmarked from a corner and scored a free but well taken header.

Unfortunately, our midfield rarely gets a grip on the game which means he's not all that effective.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Simster said:
McCammon has the ability to hold the ball up well and can head the ball perfectly well - probably better than Zamora used to be able to.

Sadly though, he is piss poor on the floor (there are literally pub standard players with better skills on the floor) and he makes Teddy Sheringham look like a whippet. From what I have seen, the games where he has been effective (and there have been a few, to be fair) have been games where our midfield has been able to create space, get their foot on the ball, and lumped it into his midriff so that he has been able to hold the ball up and release our wide players.
Then of course the Sunderland game where he was left unmarked from a corner and scored a free but well taken header.

Unfortunately, our midfield rarely gets a grip on the game which means he's not all that effective.

You're clutching at straws.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
IF he goes, then surely with the wages that Knight's sale has freed up, plus those of Mac will allow us to get a decent striker in.

Agreed. Or maybe another keeper (just to be on the safe side!).

I just can't see why Watford would take on Mac!!!!

I suppose stranger things have happened in football and I'd be delighted if it was true but I just can't see the logic in it (for Watford).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Simster said:

I totally agree with this. Well said Simster.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Yeah, you've been renowned for your fairness to Big Mac, haven't you?

Tim Carder, who has forgotten more about the Albion than you will probably ever know, made him our man of the match for that Millwall game, probably because he created our two best chances of the game for Hammond and Knight, the first which would have probably won us the game at 2-0, the second which would have earnt a point. Both Hammond and Knight were guilty of bad misses.

It would be ironic if he joined up with Darius Handerson, the last striker written off unfairly by the mass of NSC posters as useless.

But Henderson WAS useless for us... you can only pass judgement on what you see... at the time, McPhee was playing better than Henderson...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mccammon is dire, he really is not good enough for this level.

So if he is good in the air? that doesnt really matter if he cant lay the ball off does it?

He has the pace and shoot of a two year old as well.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
My tuppence:

McCammon is better than Zamora in the air?! I've never seen anything more ridiculous written on here.

Whoever said scoring goals in League 1 is different to the Championship (regarding Iwelumo and Knight), McCammon defies this, he can't score goals in either.

On the positive side, McCammon against Millwall on NYE was actually impressive in my opinion. It's the one and only time I've ever seen him give an acceptable performance. The through-ball for Hammond was excellent and presented a fairly straight forward chance which should have been taken and he acually won a few headers too.

However, this was against Millwall where he had a point to prove, if only he could deliver that sort of performance every week I think he'd be a much more popular player. Unfortunately, in pretty much every other game I've seen him play, I've honestly believed that getting a spectator who plays sunday league out of the crowd to play in McCammon's place would be no less effective than 'Big Mac' himself. I wish I was joking.

If, by some bizarre turn of events Watford decide they would like to sign him, we should be delighted. A replacement who is no less effective could be found with no problem at all, and a cheaper one at that.

Above all, any way of ending McCammon's downright insult towards the club in taking our money for precious little return would be beneficial. He's a disgrace.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
the sad thing is that he seems like a really nice guy judging from his interviews. it's obvious he isn't good enough and against luton this season he was particularly ungainly, but he tried his bloody hardest. recently he hasn't been as bad as he was and although he doesn't seem to have a future, calling him a disgrace is going a bit far i think

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've just spoken to his best mate and he tells me that he's been there since Tuesday and was supposed to play in the reserves at Borehamwood last night. Its a week's trial and if it goes ok he'll sign for them.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Another one of the wage bill and still no hope of a signing ourselves.

FFS we are doomed, even bankrupt Derby are splashing the cash.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Barry Hazgon said:
I've just spoken to his best mate and he tells me that he's been there since Tuesday and was supposed to play in the reserves at Borehamwood last night. Its a week's trial and if it goes ok he'll sign for them.

*fingers crossed*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here