Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
As a professional journalist, Naylor should also be limited by facts. As print media struggles in the Internet age, professional journalists' reputations mean more and more, not just for the journos themselves, but also the newspaper they represent. If people can get their news anywhere, they are likely to go where they get news they can trust.

If he makes claims like this on a whim, without some credible source, and it turns out to not be true, his reputation and that of the argus would suffer making it harder for them to bring in readers.

He may not have had to get the ok from the club to write it, but the argus's editor would probably have to ok it.

Maybe the club haven't officially let him know, that doesn't mean he hasn't got unofficial word, a well-placed employee who leaks information without the club's permission, etc., maybe he got word from agents, or sources at other clubs (via other journalist local to those teams). The are a few ways he could get information on how close the deal is to being completed.

This.... With bells on.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
£8m in a fortnight ago, the extra £3k a week for Ward could have been executed within an hour not still paper talk
In that case, I'm ****ing glad you are not in charge of negotiating players contracts!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The moaning is not spot on. When it comes to the transfers, its pathetic! Pre-season games mean **** all. Who gives a shit if we have a strong squad and piss every preseason game.

Preseason is about getting match fit. FFS we make about 10 subs in every game, how the **** does that relate to the normal season.

Hypothetically, say we only had a budget for those three players mentioned.

Too stop whinners, the club rushed in, as you want, and signed two of those players in May, and to do that, we would have had to pay what they first asked for.

How would you feel if we only signed two of them, because we paid over the top for them, so couldn't afford all three...............

Or would you prefer to hold out until August, and get all three of them, as they are still without clubs, getting nervous, so dropped their wages demands, and now we can afford all three?

It's a no brainer to me!

The thing I do not get about the moaners regarding transfers, do you not think that the club will lose £8m again this and next year, which Tony Bloom will fund?

I believe whatever happens, we will lose the most each season we can(around £8m) and still be within FFP. So the club are trying to spend the budget and get the most they can for it.

If that means waiting until 31st August to get the maximum return, then so be it.

And before you say it, I'm sure even with those three signed, the club still has most of the Ulloa fee to spend.

FFS how cannot you not trust a set of business men, who get £750,000 for three months of Ashley Barnes, and then go and top even that and get £10m for Ulloa!!

So no, the whining and moaning in this case is most definitely not spot on. It's nothing short of pathetic! Because when the squad is final on 31st August all those moaning will sit there being smug and saying "told you we needed new players... told you!"

Absolutely spot on post.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In that case, I'm ****ing glad you are not in charge of negotiating players contracts!

Another one from the Harry Redknapp School of Transfer Negotiations eh?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Most of the bedwetters on here would struggle to pronounce negotiation. I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

Anyway, back to the point. I suspect that AN and Bozza both have good sauces independent of each other and the fact that they are both confident that these could happen and happen soon, makes me feel quite confident about it. See, it's all about the quality of your 2030549_DW_hp_line_up3.jpg

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
The moaning is not spot on. When it comes to the transfers, its pathetic! Pre-season games mean **** all. Who gives a shit if we have a strong squad and piss every preseason game.

Preseason is about getting match fit. FFS we make about 10 subs in every game, how the **** does that relate to the normal season.

Too stop whinners, the club rushed in, as you want, and signed two of those players in May, and to do that, we would have had to pay what they first asked for.

How would you feel if we only signed two of them, because we paid over the top for them, so couldn't afford all three...............

Or would you prefer to hold out until August, and get all three of them, as they are still without clubs, getting nervous, so dropped their wages demands, and now we can afford all three?

It's a no brainer to me!

The thing I do not get about the moaners regarding transfers, do you not think that the club will lose £8m again this and next year, which Tony Bloom will fund?

I believe whatever happens, we will lose the most each season we can(around £8m) and still be within FFP. So the club are trying to spend the budget and get the most they can for it.

If that means waiting until 31st August to get the maximum return, then so be it.

And before you say it, I'm sure even with those three signed, the club still has most of the Ulloa fee to spend.

FFS how cannot you not trust a set of business men, who get £750,000 for three months of Ashley Barnes, and then go and top even that and get £10m for Ulloa!!

So no, the whining and moaning in this case is most definitely not spot on. It's nothing short of pathetic! Because when the squad is final on 31st August all those moaning will sit there being smug and saying "told you we needed new players... told you!"

And your point is? ??? Spot on Fella

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

It's a no brainer to me!

top post
and from now its
in Bozza we trust:lolol:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Most of the bedwetters on here would struggle to pronounce negotiation. I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

Anyway, back to the point. I suspect that AN and Bozza both have good sauces independent of each other and the fact that they are both confident that these could happen and happen soon, makes me feel quite confident about it. See, it's all about the quality of your View attachment 56928
Bozza has just signings he hasnt hinted that AN was right in who , so this "trio" could sstill be wrong

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
PreviewYouDesign.jpg

Perhaps we should start our own line in branded clothing...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well if they are nowhere near signing, or not even had offers accepted, I would expect some sort of "managing expectations" comment at some point - nothing specific, just general. But then we had one not long ago which many seem to have ignored or forgotten, so maybe not just yet.
Yeah my guess was that Barber only spoke about things a week ago, and they don't need to be baby sitting us all each week. Of course I hope these rumours are true, but if not, the club will certainly be working on other signings anyway. The one thing I don't doubt is that the club are putting the effort in. What I have no idea about, is whether they'll get what they want, when they want. If we got a few signings at the beginning of the week it would be amazing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Encouraged factor:

Ward: excellent, essential
Baldock: optimistic, quite keen
Clayton: a bit underwhelmed and not really impressed, slightly disappointed

cf.

Toko: surprised and impressed
Hughes: quietly pleased, impressed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm seriously disappointed in the collective of NSC.

You've had all morning and yet I still have to finish off the gag:-

Sidebartastic:-

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah my guess was that Barber only spoke about things a week ago, and they don't need to be baby sitting us all each week. Of course I hope these rumours are true, but if not, the club will certainly be working on other signings anyway. The one thing I don't doubt is that the club are putting the effort in. What I have no idea about, is whether they'll get what they want, when they want. If we got a few signings at the beginning of the week it would be amazing.

Sums it all up nicely

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
were loose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here