Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
This is one area I would question Bozza on.

Despite what he says I'm pretty sure the club and Andy do link up in an official capacity and information is released to re assure and in some cases appease the fans.

The Argus has built strong links with the club in many areas and that's where I believe Andy has some upfront information prior to release to other parties.

The Albion would be silly no to utilise it's local paper and the influence it has with much of the fanbase.

In summary I'm pretty confident Andy has been given a 'heads up' prior to letting this go to print.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I feel bad for Andy Naylor, i genuinely like his stuff in the Argus and his deadline day coverage, dont really get why people dislike him so much.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club have a policy of not commenting on specific transfer targets or bids unlike many other managers/teams.

AN wouldn't run this story though without a trusted source(s). They don't necessarily have to be from the Albion though do they?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Despite what he says I'm pretty sure the club and Andy do link up in an official capacity and information is released to re assure and in some cases appease the fans.

The Argus has built strong links with the club in many areas and that's where I believe Andy has some upfront information prior to release to other parties.

The Albion would be silly no to utilise it's local paper and the influence it has with much of the fanbase.

In summary I'm pretty confident Andy has been given a 'heads up' prior to letting this go to print.

You're wrong. It's difficult for me to elaborate on that though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As a professional journalist, Naylor should also be limited by facts. As print media struggles in the Internet age, professional journalists' reputations mean more and more, not just for the journos themselves, but also the newspaper they represent. If people can get their news anywhere, they are likely to go where they get news they can trust.

If he makes claims like this on a whim, without some credible source, and it turns out to not be true, his reputation and that of the argus would suffer making it harder for them to bring in readers.

He may not have had to get the ok from the club to write it, but the argus's editor would probably have to ok it.

Maybe the club haven't officially let him know, that doesn't mean he hasn't got unofficial word, a well-placed employee who leaks information without the club's permission, etc., maybe he got word from agents, or sources at other clubs (via other journalist local to those teams). The are a few ways he could get information on how close the deal is to being completed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club have a policy of not commenting on specific transfer targets or bids unlike many other managers/teams.

AN wouldn't run this story though without a trusted source(s). They don't necessarily have to be from the Albion though do they?

With respect you stated an Argus article earlier this week confirmed a fact when it clearly didn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is all nonsense anyway.

The key thing is some decent additions to the squad are highly likely which will send our collective Albion mojos soaring.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The key thing is some decent additions to the squad are highly likely which will send our collective Albion mojos soaring.

Do you have any tiny weeny little hint about who you think Albion's no.1 target is for Ulloa's replacement?? I can do cryptic.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a mixed bag for me. Relieved by Ward - guy like him gives some hope that Sami can make his wingback system work. Underwhelmed by baldock - not as good as CMS so I don't see the point, not Champ quality for me. I haven't seen enough of clayton but the midfield is where we are most lacking any class whatsoever, so here's hoping

Take heart with Clayton. I saw him a couple of times last year and thought that he would be a strong addition to our midfield.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you have any tiny weeny little hint about who you think Albion's no.1 target is for Ulloa's replacement?? I can do cryptic.

I wish I did. But you can be sure if/when I do, I'll be hinting as much as I can get away with!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I don't take what AN says too seriously after he wrote an article a while back stating we had no chance of signing CMS.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

`

Agree my mojo not soaring until its been confirmed.

The Argus have only said expected to sign.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

In summary I have to say that I'm confident you probably know as much (or little) as Andy Naylor on these matters.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
But the whining, moaning is absolutely spot on. We are ill-prepared for the season ahead. Anyone, like me, who watched the Crawley, Posh, Stains games and with any clue about footie, would know that is the unpalatable truth. TBH I'm p1ssed off with the moaners moaning about the moaners.
The moaning is not spot on. When it comes to the transfers, its pathetic! Pre-season games mean **** all. Who gives a shit if we have a strong squad and piss every preseason game.

Preseason is about getting match fit. FFS we make about 10 subs in every game, how the **** does that relate to the normal season.

Hypothetically, say we only had a budget for those three players mentioned.

Too stop whinners, the club rushed in, as you want, and signed two of those players in May, and to do that, we would have had to pay what they first asked for.

How would you feel if we only signed two of them, because we paid over the top for them, so couldn't afford all three...............

Or would you prefer to hold out until August, and get all three of them, as they are still without clubs, getting nervous, so dropped their wages demands, and now we can afford all three?

It's a no brainer to me!

The thing I do not get about the moaners regarding transfers, do you not think that the club will lose £8m again this and next year, which Tony Bloom will fund?

I believe whatever happens, we will lose the most each season we can(around £8m) and still be within FFP. So the club are trying to spend the budget and get the most they can for it.

If that means waiting until 31st August to get the maximum return, then so be it.

And before you say it, I'm sure even with those three signed, the club still has most of the Ulloa fee to spend.

FFS how cannot you not trust a set of business men, who get £750,000 for three months of Ashley Barnes, and then go and top even that and get £10m for Ulloa!!

So no, the whining and moaning in this case is most definitely not spot on. It's nothing short of pathetic! Because when the squad is final on 31st August all those moaning will sit there being smug and saying "told you we needed new players... told you!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here