Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trialists

Oct 25, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Have we not been here before.

I do hope that something decent comes from these 5, but in this league I would be inclined to look at British players as it is not a league for flare and the like.

Also please do not give any of them long term deals, we are still lumbered with 2 players from this policy that never play.

every league has room for flair, which was why it was so important that we kept hold of federico "the flairman" turienzo

Oct 25, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
If he could have trapped a ball....

his main problems was that he was simply SO far ahead of the english game, we simply weren't ready for him

maybe in 10 years time, when our game has developed he can come back, for now he will have to be content with playing for "all star XI's"

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Carole’s agent seems to have missed one! :D

Last Updated: Tuesday, 4 July 2006, 08:56 GMT 09:56

Duhamel on trial at Chesterfield

Chesterfield have taken French winger Francois Duhamel on trial. The 21-year-old, who was on loan with French side SO Chatallerault, can play on the right and the left wing and will spend this week at Saltergate.

Spireites manager Roy McFarland said: "Pre-season training gives us the chance to see players we may otherwise not see.

"We will be taking a look at a number of trialists over the next few weeks to see if any catch the eye."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chesterfield/5144452.stm

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Exiled in Exeter said:
Carole’s agent seems to have missed one! :D

Last Updated: Tuesday, 4 July 2006, 08:56 GMT 09:56

Duhamel on trial at Chesterfield

Chesterfield have taken French winger Francois Duhamel on trial. The 21-year-old, who was on loan with French side SO Chatallerault, can play on the right and the left wing and will spend this week at Saltergate.

Spireites manager Roy McFarland said: "Pre-season training gives us the chance to see players we may otherwise not see.

"We will be taking a look at a number of trialists over the next few weeks to see if any catch the eye."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chesterfield/5144452.stm

SO Chatallerault play in the lower depths of the French League, no point of giving him a trial he will probably be crap anyway.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I was looking forward to seeing what kind of player we would have on trial, now iv'e seen who they are i'm a bit disappointed.

I reckon if they had someone out here in Australia they could find a few pretty decent young players who can play the english style of football and would have a red hot crack if given a chance in England.

Kristian Sarkies, Adrian Leijer, Mark Milligan, Michael Beauchamp to name a few.

Hersee

Jul 26, 2004
Looking at the stats there is not too much to get excited about.

This is the striker's Biakolo. Appearances/Goals

2000/01 Inter 0 0
2001/02 Charleroi [loan] 12 1
2002/03 Niort 25 4
2003/04 Niort 31 11
2004/05 Niort 14 2
Le Havre 10 0
2005/06 Le Havre 1 0

Williams played 3 times for Birmingham about 5 years ago and recently been at Scarborough.

Can't find any trace of the left back so perhaps he plays for a PSG pub team?!!

Brittain sounds the best bet.

me_me

Jan 27, 2005
Tyrone Biggums said:
I was looking forward to seeing what kind of player we would have on trial, now iv'e seen who they are i'm a bit disappointed.

I reckon if they had someone out here in Australia they could find a few pretty decent young players who can play the english style of football and would have a red hot crack if given a chance in England.

Kristian Sarkies, Adrian Leijer, Mark Milligan, Michael Beauchamp to name a few.

How can you say you are disapointed when you havent even seen them play yet? They have been at the club training for one day and you are already judging them.

Im sure you would be moaning if the manager hadnt got anyone in.

Why not wait until after the worthing game before judging.

Plus they are only on trial not as if we have signed any of them.

and im sure the club would be in australia if they thought it was right. but thats like saying they should be searching in brazil or argentina for players becuase there are good players there. Im sure the club are doing their best to find players but we arent going to be on the top of many players lists of clubs to join.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
me_me said:
How can you say you are disapointed when you havent even seen them play yet? They have been at the club training for one day and you are already judging them.

and im sure the club would be in australia if they thought it was right. but thats like saying they should be searching in brazil or argentina for players becuase there are good players there. Im sure the club are doing their best to find players but we arent going to be on the top of many players lists.

Serious, well balanced and thought out argument alert

We will have none of that on here young man:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
me_me said:
lol sorry :shootself

as you have only twenty one posts to your name, I will let you off this time.

You must remember to be on here you must have extreme views, not listen to the other point of view at all and have a "superior than though" attitude at all times.

Yours was a very good point BTW

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
me_me said:

and im sure the club would be in australia if they thought it was right. but thats like saying they should be searching in brazil or argentina for players becuase there are good players there. Im sure the club are doing their best to find players but we arent going to be on the top of many players lists of clubs to join.

Well how am i supposed to be excited about a striker who's scored 2 goals in 2 years?

The reason i mentioned Australia is because there's no language barrier, and young Aussies want to play in England, young South Americans want to play in Spain or Italy.
Added to that the english pound is a much stronger currency to the aussie $.
Plus we already have an Aussie here to talk the club up.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Tyrone Biggums said:
Well how am i supposed to be excited about a striker who's scored 2 goals in 2 years?

The reason i mentioned Australia is because there's no language barrier, and young Aussies want to play in England, young South Americans want to play in Spain or Italy.
Added to that the english pound is a much stronger currency to the aussie $.
Plus we already have an Aussie here to talk the club up.

I think you're forgetting the work permit problem and the distance involved. We're hardly going to drag a player all the way from Melbourne for a trial.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Out of the five, Brittain looks to be the best. However are we only getting him because he is injury plagued

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here