Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trendy Brighton Parents

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Starry said:
I'm a chav according to someone on here, I forget who, but because we chose a princess name for our daughter that = chav!

My baby would have been a Gabriel had she been a boy.

Silly innit.

Mind you I've got a very very chav name: Lee. Make of that what you will.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I love the name of that reporter for the ITV.
Nina Nannar.

090BAE79BCD42A039FE6331FAD0E853F.jpg

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Plenty of them in Hove too. All send their kids to Davigdor! (Or whinge and appeal if they can't get their kids in)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My only annoyance with regard to my first name is that so many people seem incapable of spelling it properly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Frutos said:
My only annoyance with regard to my first name is that so many people seem incapable of spelling it properly.

All all fairness though, Hepziphah isn't the easiest to spell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Buzzer said:
What about Thomas and Gabriel then?

I'd hate to think that I wasn't a trendy midle class parent.

Indeed Buzzer

Mine are 'Finn' and 'Kieran'. Can I be trendy too?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Members of my family have struggled to spell my first name correctly...which I reckon is a pretty poor show, granted there are several ways to spell it, but it ain't that difficult to ask!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Gully said:
Members of my family have struggled to spell my first name correctly...which I reckon is a pretty poor show, granted there are several ways to spell it, but it ain't that difficult to ask!!!

What's the name in question in your case?

In my case, there are two ways of spelling it, and the right way (for me) is probably the more obvious and straightforward of the two, yet so many still get it wrong.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Frutos said:
What's the name in question in your case?

In my case, there are two ways of spelling it, and the right way (for me) is probably the more obvious and straightforward of the two, yet so many still get it wrong.

Is it a 'ph' or 'v' issue?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ginadim said:
Is it a 'ph' or 'v' issue?

Exactly.

Mine is correctly spelt with a 'v', but so many people use 'ph' unless prompted, which I've never understood.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Frutos said:
Exactly.

Mine is correctly spelt with a 'v', but so many people use 'ph' unless prompted, which I've never understood.

I'd automatically go for 'ph'. It's 'ph' in the bible, maybe that's why.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Frutos said:
Exactly.

Ensure you make a mental note of who spells it with a "ph" ... trhat would be the litmus test...

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
We are foster parents and heard the following from a social worker. Nowadays when kids are adopted the adoptive parents are not allowed to change the kids names. Therefore birth parents that know their kids are going to be taken away from them often give the kids names that are easy to trace or sometimes even out of spite. In the case we were told about, a birth mum had twins that she named Dick and Fanny.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Trendy Brighton Parents

Tom Hark said:
Good. Proper stoned-out old-skool Brightonians. Friend of a friend who was an ex-Pink Floyd roadie who lived down by the Lewes Road called his daughter Parody Tralala. An ex-workmate called his twin girls Tarragon & Coriander. and a special mention to the proud parents who were taken aback in the eighties when the registrar of births, deaths and marriages refuesd to register their newborn as Beelzebub.

Better by a country mile to have the freaks, the geeks and the acid-heads than the charm-free child-free metrosexuals moving into *cough* The New England Quarter and turning Brighton into a bland dormitory town, sorry CITY.

I think you may have missed the people this was aimed at. More you web consultants than your actual creative types.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
With my name you can have an h as a third letter, I don't, and an a or an o as the second last, I have the former...however you spell it it is always pronounced the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here