Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling fans should read this -

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bozza said:
Why do we all (well at least 90% of us) sit at Withdean then?

Because we either CHOOSE to, or because of the conditions around us.

By that I mean when we got to away games, the vast majority want to stand, and so we go with that prevailing mood. You are not obliged to, of course, but most people 'go with the flow'. At home games, the majority want to sit - and by and large we are talking about different people here. So again, the prevailing mood is to 'go with the flow' and sit down.

Culturally, you will notice that across the country, home fans sit and away fans stand. It's a tribal thing.

My point is that if you want to stand you should be allowed to, but the law obliges us to sit. I believe we should be able to have the choice.

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
StaffsGull said:
I agree DTG, I hate the all seater stuff, but the Football League will enforce this and as more severe problems reduce (i.e. Fighting etc) they will pick on the smaller infractions.

As for cutting our allocation, I am not sure about that, would the other clubs be happy if the FL said we are only letting you sell 500 tickets for this game and not the 1500 you could have sold, I know it is down to the Police, but I would still be surprised.

As for the Phalarse tickets, got mine already and they can't have the fecker back until the turnstile on the 17th.
:clap2:

What will you do the next day when you want to get in?

:dunce:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Indeed. We've had our allocations cut at numerous grounds over the last few years because of this problem.

By how much are were the allocations cut by ?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
the fact that the MAJORITY of fans from ALL clubs stand means they surely must take note of this.

Man Utd had loadsa probs last year.

They need to bring back at least one stand of terraces for the people that want it. the rest can then all sit down with their kids and families and enjoy the game how like to.

In the old days it was a sport watched by lads and men mainly, with massive terracing, surges, and lots of banter and quite a bit of trouble.

the game now has turned so much on its head that the ones that travel all round the countyr, the ones that actually sing, the ones that love the club as much as the other fans...are being f***ing driven out slowly!

TADLEY gull - i was in the big pile up at Rotherham with lots of others - obvioulsy the passion was sky high for that game, but no-one wants to see innocent people who would normally just stand up and clap a goal, get caught up in it all.

Terracing may not come back (for a while) so why cant these stupid c*nts that run million pound companies just realise they need to allocate and "standing" section for the "lads" to occupy!

RRRRrrrrraaaaaaaaa

:angry:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yoda said:
Here here! :clap::clap::clap:

Thats all they need to do. ASK US YOU BUNCH OF C:censored:S

Indeed - because that always works, doesn't it? Albion fans always react favourably to a polite request to sit down at an away ground and do so immediately for the remainder of the game. That always happens. Always.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dougal said:

Be fair LB I can't help feeling that the efforts of the Soul Crew are a factor in the cutting of allocations.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The Large One said:
My point is that if you want to stand you should be allowed to, but the law obliges us to sit. I believe we should be able to have the choice.

The difficulty with that theory is that if someone in front of you chooses to stand, than you are left with no option but to stand too.

It's all well and good to suggest that in such an instance you could simply move to another area where your view is not obscured if you choose to sit, but sometimes that's just not possible. And why should people who have paid top whack for a decent seat have to move because others choose to ignore the law and stand?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bhaexpress said:
Be fair LB I can't help feeling that the efforts of the Soul Crew are a factor in the cutting of allocations.

that is just nonsence isn't it frank

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
They say standing is unsafe, however it is safe to stand at rugby, horse racing and at many other sports. It is safe to stand in Germany, but not here. It was safe to stand for 80 years, but not now. It is safe to stand up and jump around, but not to stand still and sing.

The authrities just wont listen to reasoned arguments.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Surely there can be a sitting section and a standing section? It's not f***ing rocket science..

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Perhapse this is why the atmosphere at away games is generally fantastic - and sucks at home! :drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Dougal said:

I'm not sure to be honest, but the reductions are considerable. For instance, two seasons ago we took something like 2,400 to Forest. Everybody stood, so they cut our allocation to around 1,400 last season. Everybody stood again, so they informed us that we would only get around 800 tickets this season. But then they got relegated anyway, so it's not an issue!

I don't have the figures to hand, but our allocations are often cut quite dramatically over this issue.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
bhaexpress said:

Rubbish. Allocations have been cut over this issue at grounds where there hasn't been a hint of trouble.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
From where I was sitting, it looked like all the Crewe fans were standing on Saturday, but do you hear us complaining........

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
lol Perry, I am just that keen to get in I was going up a day early, errrrrr on second thoughts, and extra day in Croydump ....... my mistake

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'm nearly 6 ft anyway.

:cool:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
But somebody had to get a swipe in about your more interesting support. This is NSC after all....

Wasn't ment to be a swipe at all. Sadly Cardiff do have a frankly well founded bad reputation.

Yoda

English & European
Bozza said:
Indeed - because that always works, doesn't it? Albion fans always react favourably to a polite request to sit down at an away ground and do so immediately for the remainder of the game. That always happens. Always.

The majority do sit down of a short period at least and if there's nothing to going on on the pitch it's followed by a chorus of 'Stand up if you want Falmer'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here