Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling fans should read this -

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
jezzer said:
Message is clear, stand up we lose tickets, the fans suffer cos our allocation is cut, the team suffers cos there is less fans there. Frustrating, not fair etc but we must obey, be idiotic not to.

Also have some sympathy for albeit,the minority, who dont want or cant stand cos they are small kids, elderly, very short, just as frustrating to travel a long way and spend lots of money only to find you cant see the game cos a bunch of 6 footers keep standing in front of you.

Totally concur, I've been to games when suffering from football injuries and had to sit down but no-one actually gives a shit about fans behind them.

Time to stop whinging and just obey the rules. Carry on with selfish behaviour and the club, ultimately the fans suffer because of your choice to stand.

If you don't like the rules, simple, DON'T GO. Don't get me wrong I liked the terraces, but if you don't obey the rules and my ability to go to games diminishes due to reduced tickets it would be down to your actions.

However, I do agree that stewards need to take a stronger role in ensuring people sit down. A warning, then ejection from the ground.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How about a system then? Those who want to stand fill up from the back of the stand, those who want to sit fill from the front?

Easy.

:jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
How about a system then? Those who want to stand fill up from the back of the stand, those who want to sit fill from the front?

Easy.

:jester:

Yes but what about those who leave before the final whistle ?

Albion Rob

I need to be reminded of why the largest terrace in europe (Dortmund) is very safe and yet standing in neat lines with seats behind you is not.

Interesting that this was not a concern 20 years ago when either a) people diodn't go to games because of all the fighting; or b) there was a choice between standing and sitting. If you wanted to stand you went on the terrace (often open to the elements), if you wanted to sit you paid a quid extra abnd watched in comfort.

I really wish that as a country we weren't so bloody toothless. If everyone in a whole stadium refused to sit down then what would they do? Shut the ground? Shame we can't actually get this up the dabating list.

Albion Rob

Uncle Buck said:
Whether or not you feel that standing areas should return to grounds, the fact is it is highly unlikely that it will.

Agreed. Unless there was a strong business case for taking the seats out (maybe - you can get 5,000 extra people in the grounds all paying just a few quid less) then they won't do it. Gives them an excuse to charge a ridiculous price because 'we're paying to be entertained'.

Shame though - I was only on the terraces for a few years but they're easily the best memories.

Albion Rob said:
II really wish that as a country we weren't so bloody toothless. If everyone in a whole stadium refused to sit down then what would they do? Shut the ground? Shame we can't actually get this up the dabating list.

Yup, thats exactly what they'd do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here