Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling fans should read this -

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Biscuit said:
If we have to pay over £20 quid a ticket plus travelling expenses then we can damned well stand up if we want to.

So what if they cut our allocation? It just means we wont be giving other clubs our hard earned.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The arrogance of youth, huh? Don't you just love it?

Personally, I would love to see my old mate Biscuit (7st dripping wet) telling some enormous hairy-arsed steward at somewhere like Leeds or Sunderland: "I'm can damned well stand up if I want to!"

That'd be worth the admission fee on its own. Even at Palace's prices.

A question for you, Biscuit old boy: you say you won't be giving other clubs your hard-earned if they cut your allocation. So do you actually have a job?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Stand up for your right to stand,football fans are getting ruined by the fat cats these days.You pay good money to watch and have an atmosphere.

To think you travel and spend a bomb and to be told to sit down like a good boy is bloody ludicrous,what is football coming to these days???

seats where brought in to prevent crushes like hillsborough etc,people are entitled to stand as their is plenty of room:angry:

stand up for the right to stand:drink:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
berkshire seagull said:
Stand up for your right to stand,football fans are getting ruined by the fat cats these days.You pay good money to watch and have an atmosphere.

To think you travel and spend a bomb and to be told to sit down like a good boy is bloody ludicrous,what is football coming to these days???

seats where brought in to prevent crushes like hillsborough etc,people are entitled to stand as their is plenty of room:angry:

stand up for the right to stand:drink:
:clap:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Brighton till i die said:
only in the away end!

thats the problem - they will force the hard core fans into the home end...hmm very safe!
:rolleyes:

I hate to say this but can't people just sit down and keep the peace?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
e77 said:
I hate to say this but can't people just sit down and keep the peace?

yeah of course mate - but to me..its not what football is about - its not a theatre, or a library - its a passionate game and i for one find it soooo frustrating being told to sit down when i'm in the swing of supporting the team!!

sorry!:lolol:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
yeah of course mate - but to me..its not what football is about - its not a theatre, or a library - its a passionate game and i for one find it soooo frustrating being told to sit down when i'm in the swing of supporting the team!!

sorry!:lolol:

Don't get me wrong, give me a petition to open up the terraces again and I will (and have) signed and I am the first to think that some arrangement should be sought where 'standers' are given a space at the back but you know as well as I do that the away allocation will be restricted at somewhere like the St Mary's, not Preston where there will be enough room to raise a family in the away end.

By doing it the only thing you are going to achieve is stopping Seagull fans getting to away matches.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
3gulls said:
Perhapse this is why the atmosphere at away games is generally fantastic - and sucks at home! :drink:

Of course it is. That is definitely the main reason. And more people drink before away games.:drink:

m20gull said:
No. We want a choice.

The problem is: by exercising your choice to stand, you're denying those behind that may wish to sit ANY choice at all. This debates been done to death over the last few years. Yep, there should be both terracing and seating. At present there isn't. All we have is all seater stadia in the top two divisions. The powers that be insist we park our arses on the seats for the duration of the game. They have us by the proverbial bollocks. If we don't, Brighton like other clubs already, will have their ticket allocation cut. Simple. EVERYONE who travels to away games now has THIS choice. Keep the present full allocation or be at the mercy of some local government flunky re: how many tickets we get for a game......

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Zeitgeist said:
The problem is: by exercising your choice to stand, you're denying those behind that may wish to sit ANY choice at all. This debates been done to death over the last few years. Yep, there should be both terracing and seating. At present there isn't. All we have is all seater stadia in the top two divisions. The powers that be insist we park our arses on the seats for the duration of the game. They have us by the proverbial bollocks. If we don't, Brighton like other clubs already, will have their ticket allocation cut. Simple. EVERYONE who travels to away games now has THIS choice. Keep the present full allocation or be at the mercy of some local government flunky re: how many tickets we get for a game......

as you say mate - they should allocate a space for the standers, or bring back 1 side of terracing - then EVERYONE has the choice and can be happy.

why the f*** does anyone wanna go all round the country travelling to see their team, have a few beers, get merry, have a laugh, get into the ground, have a sing song, greet the players with enormous noise......................
................then sit down, and be quiet and watch the game like its a game of cricket?:ohmy:

it really is bollox im afraid and they are slowly driving the hardcore support away i fear!:angry:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
im afraid and they are slowly driving the hardcore support away i fear!

Championship crowds have been on a steady increase in recent years.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Championship crowds have been on a steady increase in recent years.

doesnt mean they are happy about it though mate.

and certainly doesn't mean they are not at the point of turning their backs on it all.

and it will probably be the families and older people making those figures rather than the "hardcore" support you may see travel all over the c*nt-ry?;)

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is everyone going to Cardiff then? They've got a lovely old style terrace.

Really wish I could - but it's a long way to go on Tuesday night and I've already used up all my leave.

On the main point, I think it is something that the club could help with if they are allowed. I seem to recall that at certain grounds (including Spurs last year) they were instructed to sell seats in a certain order. However, if they are able, they should give the option of requesting "singing" or "non-singing" or "front" or "back" sections where the stewards are known to enforce the seat allocations.

I have had to move with the kids on a number of occasions where we have been allocated seats at the back in the middle. Great seats for me but useless for 10 and 8 year olds. At Grimsby we ended up right in the corner when others turned up late and insisted on having their front row seats, despite it being obvious why I was there with the kids.

At the end of the day, we want a choice, and the only way to get it is for huge numbers to sign up with groups like standupsitdown and safe standing. Apathy will get us nowhere, we need to fight this one.

a
it really is bollox im afraid and they are slowly driving the hardcore support away i fear!:angry:

That really is rubbish. Show me ONE club whose avaerage attendance has fallen when they've moved into a brand new all seater ground. Apart from us of course:lolol:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Storer68 said:
That really is rubbish. Show me ONE club whose avaerage attendance has fallen when they've moved into a brand new all seater ground. Apart from us of course:lolol:

what im saying is that people are going but arent happy about the way we are treated these days.

just look on many messageboards for different clubs and the general feeling is that the people who loved the terraces, the surges, the togetherness of terraces just arent catered for anymore. it is a real shame becasue although the family arena side of things is great (i look forward to bringing my little girl along soon) it is pushing out the previously mentioned supporters who travel all over the country on games where the families cannot make it for obvious reasons.

:drink:

Last edited:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Message is clear, stand up we lose tickets, the fans suffer cos our allocation is cut, the team suffers cos there is less fans there. Frustrating, not fair etc but we must obey, be idiotic not to.

Also have some sympathy for albeit,the minority, who dont want or cant stand cos they are small kids, elderly, very short, just as frustrating to travel a long way and spend lots of money only to find you cant see the game cos a bunch of 6 footers keep standing in front of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here