Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Travellers in Preston Park again (now in Waterhall)...

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Was aggro in London Road yesterday and thought I heard a few thick Irish accents.
Now sat in PP for a sandwich. Couple of dozen v nice new caravans and mobile homes. Not surprised.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Was aggro in London Road yesterday and thought I heard a few thick Irish accents.
Now sat in PP for a sandwich. Couple of dozen v nice new caravans and mobile homes. Not surprised.
They've taken up pretty much the entire perimeter of the lower field too. Spread right out.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I wonder if, given they all hail from the Rep of Ireland, they feature in the official migration figures?

A few years ago we had them both camped up at Worthing United* (on the pitch) and latterly Broadwater Green.

For people of the road, they are extremely well versed in the letter of the law when it comes to occupation times, it usually takes 5/7 days to get the relevant court orders to get them off, but that can be extended if there is a pregnant woman amongst their number.

Guess what, there usally is.

*At the time we, ie the club committee, didnt want to cause to must hassle so we left them a toliet blokc open, when they'd gone the sink had been ripped off the wall, and one of the dugouts had been used as a make shift latrine. Nice..........

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder if, given they all hail from the Rep of Ireland, they feature in the official migration figures?

A few years ago we had them both camped up at Worthing United* (on the pitch) and latterly Broadwater Green.

For people of the road, they are extremely well versed in the letter of the law when it comes to occupation times, it usually takes 5/7 days to get the relevant court orders to get them off, but that can be extended if there is a pregnant woman amongst their number.

*At the time we, ie the club committee, didnt want to cause to must hassle so we left them a toliet blokc open, when they'd gone the sink had been ripped off the wall, and one of the dugouts had been used as a make shift latrine. Nice..........
Feral

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Some were/are in Horsham this and last week. Same ones?
There were some on the seafront at Goring as well who I think have moved on. Maybe a pincer movement across the south to get to Brighton

mile oak

May 21, 2023
give it a few months and the council will notice a few more and they may think about taking action then do naff all

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

No surprise really. I rally against prejudice against travelers. Just judge a person by their character.

Unfortunately the set we have rocking up in Brighton year on year fail even the most lenient of tests. Nothing but trouble.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Went to a pub to watch the cup final the other week. When we arrived we were greeted by four police cars and the surrounding road was shut at either end.

We thought WTF was going on here has there been a murder? No! Turns out a van had crashed into a couple of parked cars and driven off and that warranted EIGHT officers to investigate.

Meanwhile on the A21 those little tinkers were racing their horse and carts against each other. A bloke came in the pub and was fuming because he missed kick off because of it. He said all the old bill were doing was slowing the traffic down and letting them get on with it.

prestonparkmassive

May 28, 2023
Absolute scum. Every time they rock up there they leave dirty nappies and rubbish everywhere! It's bad enough that we have to lose our public spaces to people who pay the council to use the space (food festival, thai festival, comedy festival, pride) without these absolute scum bags turning up to litter and leave human shit all over the park!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For north Brighton residents.

Expect offers to redo your driveway. If you've got a building project on right now, remove all steel from the front drive/garden (24-7 .... they'll thieve when people are at home or on site!).

Not racist hearsay. We've been victims, I know many others who have been too.

Do not allow any conversation to get going whatsoever about 'a loose tile' on your roof or similar, after a knock at the door. I almost got trapped about 4 years ago, within 30 minutes I was under pressure from two Irish accent oaths about agreeing to pay £2.5k cash.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute scum. Every time they rock up there they leave dirty nappies and rubbish everywhere! It's bad enough that we have to lose our public spaces to people who pay the council to use the space (food festival, thai festival, comedy festival, pride) without these absolute scum bags turning up to litter and leave human shit all over the park!
The Faversham solution:

1717691701198.png

1717691757480.png

1717691822469.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here