Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Vouchers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are (so I was told today by the Ticket Office) to be included in Ticket Prices from next season.

Presumably you can buy a season with or without travel ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd prefer it if the season ticket was included in the travel ticket price

This would a backward step as some people do need need a travel voucher to get to the Amex

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
By incorporating the travel voucher element into the ST it means the bus companies providing P&R/football specials along with the train companies will get paid , at the moment the vast majority of fans are traveling for free.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
By incorporating the travel voucher element into the ST it means the bus companies providing P&R/football specials along with the train companies will get paid , at the moment the vast majority of fans are traveling for free.

Fair enough but I travel by train and get train travel free (albeit taxed as a benefit in kind) so why should I have to pay for the travel element ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So its better that 1,000's travel dishonestly pissing off those who fork out money to travel honestly

Not at all the responsibility falls with the travel companies to ensure those that use them have a ticket for it otherwise they should turn them away.

SR could check every ticket, the park and rides and buses could do the same but just don't bother.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fair enough but I travel by train and get train travel free (albeit taxed as a benefit in kind) so why should I have to pay for the travel element ?

Treat everyone the same , with no opt-outs. This might be the deal clincher in increasing the stadium seating capacity as the council will see it as a positive move to increased use of public transport.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Treat everyone the same , with no opt-outs. This might be the deal clincher in increasing the stadium seating capacity as the council will see it as a positive move to increased use of public transport.

It was also end up in the small claims court as well unless the club sees sense as no way am I paying for travel when I can quite easily prove to the club I do not need to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good. Makes sense.

It only makes sense provided you can opt out - another example would be OAPs with a free bus pass that use the bus to get the stadium, why should they pay twice ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was also end up in the small claims court as well unless the club sees sense as no way am I paying for travel when I can quite easily prove to the club I do not need to.

You do talk some rubbish sometimes, no way will you sue the club just because you get free train travel

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You do talk some rubbish sometimes, no way will you sue the club just because you get free train travel

Err you can sue someone if they force you to pay for something you don't require as part of a package.

Also I am sure all those that pay to park will be delighted to contribute to alternative travel arrangements as well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here