Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Vouchers

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Is it? Bit of a crush going through Falmer station on a matchday as it is, without forcing people to swipe to exit the stadium.

Well people should be doing it anyway. Saying that, they could put some card readers over the bridge on the way to the stadium to space people out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had to for 10 years at Withdean.

Yes we all did however the club advised it would split this out at Falmer as they were not allowed to this at Withdean

The very serious point that I would make about match day travel arrangements is that ticketing issues need to be thought through very carefully - and a coherent scheme worked out that is fair to everyone.

It's quite obvious that, this season, they weren't. Hence the shambles of not bothering to collect vouchers (and the consequent injustice of some people paying for what became available free of charge to others - either because they simply don't bother to buy vouchers, or because vouchers are, in practice, unobtainable - away fans, for example - or because they find they can use senior citizens' bus passes - which results in no payment being made by anyone for those journeys).

If next season's arrangements aren't thought out properly, we could get a similar mess.

One improvement I'd like to see is travel vouchers being usable on Big Lemon buses - but this would mean the Club talking to more than just the B&H Bus Company.

But it's not a case of not taking advantage of it. If you live next to the stadium, or have an OAP bus pass, or already have a travel card for work which covers your journey, or are one of the 6,000 people arriving by private car (who make the use of public transport possible for everyone else), then you CANNOT "take advantage" of it.

This is not the case though. I travel by train most of the time, and have a season ticket that covers the journey so no need to buy vouchers, however there are times that it suits me to use the P&R, or I want to get the P&R bus because a friend is parked there and will drop me home. I'm sure that many people are in the same boat, even ones that have paid for a parking space and may fancy a beer now and again. Then you CAN take advantage of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here