Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Voucher hassle

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I want to get a couple of travel vouchers for the Donny game so that I can use the park and ride at mill road. I contacted the club last week about individual vouchers and got a email back yesterday saying that they are now available from the ticket office.

Today I rang the ticket office and was 'only' position 17 in the queue. Well, 65 minutes later I finally get though (I only get 60 mins for lunch), the young lady say, yep, no problem, let's do that for you, immediately followed by "Can I put you on hold for a minute".

Well, it turns out that the vouchers were suddenly not on sale on their system. She said I could either hang on for her manager to return or she could ring me back.

Knowing what managers can be like I asked for a ring back. Guess what, this never happened. I tried ringing again at 16:50 but was 18th in the queue (don't think work would appreciate me hanging on that long). tried again at 5 to be told the ticket office is now closed.

The thing that worries me is that it's costing me a small fortune to try to get the vouchers (moile phone charges) and seeing as they will have to be posted out to me I'm also running short on time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They will be available online for future matches. That has got to be the way to go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any ideas how away fans get these vouchers then, or do we have to walk from town, those "few" of us not on official coaches?

Just pay for train, prob only be £5

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Any ideas how away fans get these vouchers then, or do we have to walk from town, those "few" of us not on official coaches?
Park in Brighton and catch the 25 from the Old Steine or catch the train to Falmer from Brighton station....in both cases you'll have to pay cash (no more than a fiver I wouldn't have thought).

I'm at a complete loss to understand why you can't just buy a travel voucher, with minimal fuss. But - if the worst comes to the worst and you can't - you can just catch a number 25 bus to the ground from the City Centre (Churchill Square or St Peter's Church - both an easy walk from the Station). Every 12 minutes (probably more frequently on matchdays). The cheapest deal is to buy a CitySaver ticket for £3.70 from the driver - you can use the ticket all day on any B&H Bus on any local route. If you do get hold of the Club's Travel Voucher, you can travel free on the buses to and from the game.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Depending on how far from Falmer you live/work it could be easier to just go to the ticket office. Went yesterday no queues helpful staff and chance to visit Dicks and the shop.

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
Thanks for the tips, my post was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest. Parking and cheap train is probably our best option, just frustrated there are no (clear) plans for away fans to use the P&R.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
They will be available online for future matches. That has got to be the way to go.

That would be good, can't wait.

Depending on how far from Falmer you live/work it could be easier to just go to the ticket office. Went yesterday no queues helpful staff and chance to visit Dicks and the shop.

Sadly I live/work in Kent (in the Folkestone area) so getting to the ground to buy the vouchers is not an option.

Currently looking at visiting my parents in Seaford and getting the train over.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
Cant believe it would be so difficult to sell these on the day at the particular park and ride spot for those that dont get in advance but hey ho! I'm leaving my car at home in Southampton and trying out the trains, Southampton Central to Falmer for me and my son £18 Return all in!........Bargain!!

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
I want to get a couple of travel vouchers for the Donny game so that I can use the park and ride at mill road. I contacted the club last week about individual vouchers and got a email back yesterday saying that they are now available from the ticket office.

Today I rang the ticket office and was 'only' position 17 in the queue. Well, 65 minutes later I finally get though (I only get 60 mins for lunch), the young lady say, yep, no problem, let's do that for you, immediately followed by "Can I put you on hold for a minute".

Well, it turns out that the vouchers were suddenly not on sale on their system. She said I could either hang on for her manager to return or she could ring me back.

Knowing what managers can be like I asked for a ring back. Guess what, this never happened. I tried ringing again at 16:50 but was 18th in the queue (don't think work would appreciate me hanging on that long). tried again at 5 to be told the ticket office is now closed.

The thing that worries me is that it's costing me a small fortune to try to get the vouchers (moile phone charges) and seeing as they will have to be posted out to me I'm also running short on time.
this may be of no use to you if you indeed live in kent,but if you can get someeone to collect them for you they where dishing them out at the shop today for £2.00 each

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Looking at the train times and prices I think I might well get the train all the way to the ground and not bother taking the car at all.

It's about £16 for both myself and my son and a 1.5 hour journey time. With the price of petrol these days I think the train is cheaper (not to mention quicker).

Does anyone know how busy the train is from Falmer to Lewis after the game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here