Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Voucher hassle

Im getting a lift down on saturday from oxfordshire and i am the only one without a travel voucher as this was a last minute change in travel arrangements due to work. Everyone else in the car has vouchers and plans to park at Mill Road. Obviously im buggered as im not going to be able to get on the park and ride. Does anyone have have any solutions or recomendations on what number bus i can catch. Im talking ordinary non park and ride bus where i can pay cash when i get on. Thought about buying a voucher tomorrow but i can only recieve mail mon-fri as its my place of work so will probably not recieve them in time.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Walk towards Brighton from the bottom of Mill Road (the roundabout) and you'll eventually get to the 5/5A bus route from Patcham. Catch one of these to St Peter's Church, then change to a 25 to Falmer.

Buy a CitySaver ticket and get unlimited use of all B&H Buses in the City. £3.70 from the driver of the first bus.

D

Deleted User X18H

You can get a saver ticket from most newsagents for £3.30 and a train return from Brighton to Falmer is about 3 quid.

What I don't get is if we can just wave out smart cards at the barrier or driver for Spurs why not every week. I was just going into town for other purposes on Saturday and the No5 driver just 'alright mate' as I fished my pass out of my pocket to get some change.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I ordered 2 books of travel vouchers last wednesday which havn't arrived. I phoned up today to be told they went first class last week so the club will send me individual vouchers for the Doncaster and Gillingham games, and to call into the club when I can to get new books printed.

I also queried again the piece about under 5s not needing travel vouchers (as I had been told when I booked my vouchers last week). The FAQs on the club site are now updated to say this for park and ride, whilst normal buses and trains will be usual rules I assume. However the football specials (P,R and S) still show as all except senior citizens must pay. For this week I will try it and see if the club are correct. If the driver on the S bus isn't happy then I'll try and deal with it then (see if he'll show some leniency).

I know these are teething troubles but a bit like the heritage stones stuff, this is relatively simple and shouldn't be as difficult as it seems surely?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was told today that they have run out of Travel Voucher books and so are only sending out one off vouchers for the Donny game and sending the rest as they become available.

Mind you, I had to wait 40 minutes before I got through to order 3 x £30 season voucher books :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If I was to go to the shop on Friday would I be able to order a book of vouchers and pick up one for the Donny game? WHADDAYARECKON?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If I was to go to the shop on Friday would I be able to order a book of vouchers and pick up one for the Donny game? WHADDAYARECKON?

Yes - and you will have saved approx 50 mins of your life by not needing to use the telephone.

Sadly by working in London my option would have been driving to the ground at 10am, getting the vouchers and then going home/to a park and ride site to start my journey in.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yes - and you will have saved approx 50 mins of your life by not needing to use the telephone.

Sadly by working in London my option would have been driving to the ground at 10am, getting the vouchers and then going home/to a park and ride site to start my journey in.

Me too !

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ok so I am one of the lucky souls who has ordered a £30 pack of travel vouchers AND had them arrive in the post...they are all individualised for each fixture

my questions is about using them on the trains...since the voucher is in two parts, can I not use one half for me and one for a mate? or are they going to be taking the vouchers from us en route? they never did at preston park

Cheers

hack

Feb 24, 2009
This really is a shambles. I've got my book of vouchers but driving to the game with a mate who's got a ticket for the Donny game. He can't get a one-off travel voucher because he's out of the area and the ticket office phone number is too busy, so I'm going to have to drive as near the stadium as I can, drop him off then go off and park the car! FFS. Why can't people just pay for the park & ride when they get there? The club's come so far with the incredible stadium and heading into the most exciting season in memory for most of us, yet the information flow and organisation has been left way behind. I wouldn't want to be heading down as an away fan this season, until it's all ironed out...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
got two travel voucher books this morning :D

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
my questions is about using them on the trains...since the voucher is in two parts, can I not use one half for me and one for a mate? or are they going to be taking the vouchers from us en route? they never did at preston park

Cheers

Surely your mate should just pay if using the train and not take advantage of rail travel subsidised by the club?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Surely your mate should just pay if using the train and not take advantage of rail travel subsidised by the club?

yes indeed, but what I was getting at is that unless there is someone collecting the tickets, many many people can get away with using "ONE" travel voucher actually in two parts...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
yes indeed, but what I was getting at is that unless there is someone collecting the tickets, many many people can get away with using "ONE" travel voucher actually in two parts...

What will probably happen is that for a while they'll be strict about checking the vouchers but over time this will lapse in to no checking at all at the Station!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
when did you order them?

I ordered mine just before midday today, rang up at 11:15am, waited on hold from position 14 , completed the order at 11:55am

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Only SLIGHTLY more expensive that the cost of an online return train ticket from Brighton to Falmer.

I think if I was an away fan driving down and planned getting the train, I would head for London Road station.
The car park charges in the Brighton station area would really drive the cost up, but street parking around London Road station free.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think if I was an away fan driving down and planned getting the train, I would head for London Road station.
The car park charges in the Brighton station area would really drive the cost up, but street parking around London Road station free.

Not any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here