Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel to the Stadium - Council Committee Report

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Question for ED

Sorry if its been mentioned before, BUT how much is a single trip on the bus from Mile Oak to Falmer on match days?

A London - Falmer day return (according to National Rail - obviously it was PP this season) is £22.90. A London Bridge (not Victoria, but it's just a tube journey) - Brighton day return is £10.00.

This is, of course, unless I've missed some other cheaper ticket to Falmer from London...

Is the London Bridge - Brighton ticket restricted to First Capital Connect trains?

Question for ED

Sorry if its been mentioned before, BUT how much is a single trip on the bus from Mile Oak to Falmer on match days?

If bought on-line:- £3 for unlimited all-day travel on B&H buses anywhere (including the whole of Brighton and Hove, and routes out as far as Eastbourne & Tunbridge Wells).

If bought on the bus:- £3.70 for unlimited all-day travel on B&H buses anywhere in the City Saver area - which includes the whole of Brighton and Hove and routes that extend out to Steyning, Shoreham, Patcham, Lewes (Malling Down) and Seaford (Chyngton Lane).

Change buses as often as you like.

We are still awaiting information to confirm that, with a Club Travel Voucher, bus travel will be FREE.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Why not increase train access by running shuttle buses from Preston Park for people travelling by train from the north - that would ease congestion for those coming from the City Centre and the West, and probably be no slower than changing trains at Brighton - obviously people would have to walk down to London Road and wait at the service stop, but it could be factored in to the Withdean Park and Ride route, so that the Park and Ride bus from Churchill Square goes along the London Road, picks up people at Preston Park, drops off people at the bottom of Tongdean Lane, and then goes to Falmer.

Why not increase train access by running shuttle buses from Preston Park for people travelling by train from the north - that would ease congestion for those coming from the City Centre and the West, and probably be no slower than changing trains at Brighton - obviously people would have to walk down to London Road and wait at the service stop, but it could be factored in to the Withdean Park and Ride route, so that the Park and Ride bus from Churchill Square goes along the London Road, picks up people at Preston Park, drops off people at the bottom of Tongdean Lane, and then goes to Falmer.
The bus company are already promising special bus services from the Withdean / Carden Avenue and Preston Circus / Beaconsfield Villas areas direct to the stadium. Hopefully, they won't be full by the time they reach these parts of Brighton.

Football Buses to the Amex Stadium

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If bought on-line:- £3 for unlimited all-day travel on B&H buses anywhere (including the whole of Brighton and Hove, and routes out as far as Eastbourne & Tunbridge Wells).

If bought on the bus:- £3.70 for unlimited all-day travel on B&H buses anywhere in the City Saver area - which includes the whole of Brighton and Hove and routes that extend out to Steyning, Shoreham, Patcham, Lewes (Malling Down) and Seaford (Chyngton Lane).

Change buses as often as you like.

We are still awaiting information to confirm that, with a Club Travel Voucher, bus travel will be FREE.

Do you think Big Lemon will be taking the vouchers, Ed?

Do you think Big Lemon will be taking the vouchers, Ed?
Dunno. I do know, though, that Big Lemon are not happy about being excluded from special ticketing arrangements. I would hope that the Club have been including Big Lemon in any discussions they have been having with the bus companies. They provide a lot of seats to Falmer at times when supporters will be travelling.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dunno. I do know, though, that Big Lemon are not happy about being excluded from special ticketing arrangements. I would hope that the Club have been including Big Lemon in any discussions they have been having with the bus companies. They provide a lot of seats to Falmer at times when supporters will be travelling.

I wonder if there has been any pressure from Brighton & Hove Buses? They are trying to squeeze Big Lemon out (pun not intended but welcome) currently. I like Big Lemon, they are a really friendly bunch and run and excellent service up and down the Lewes Road. Perfect for the club IMO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if there has been any pressure from Brighton & Hove Buses? They are trying to squeeze Big Lemon out (pun not intended but welcome) currently. I like Big Lemon, they are a really friendly bunch and run and excellent service up and down the Lewes Road. Perfect for the club IMO.

Having just looked at the Big Lemon site, I wonder if they'll be in existence in the not too distant future.

They provide a lot of seats to Falmer at times when supporters will be travelling.

A lot? Really? Their buses are small and their timetable far more comprehensive. I completely appreciate what they are doing, but their spare capacity, once existing trade is accounted for, won't make that much difference will it?

The bus company are already promising special bus services from the Withdean / Carden Avenue and Preston Circus / Beaconsfield Villas areas direct to the stadium. Hopefully, they won't be full by the time they reach these parts of Brighton.

Lord B looking at the link - it states "Brighton & Hove Buses is pleased to be providing a network of bus routes serving the Amex Stadium on match days, and your match ticket gives you free travel on all these buses."

Are they assuming it is the same as last year regarding free bus transport as I thought there was going to be some sort of charge?

Lord B looking at the link - it states "Brighton & Hove Buses is pleased to be providing a network of bus routes serving the Amex Stadium on match days, and your match ticket gives you free travel on all these buses."

Are they assuming it is the same as last year regarding free bus transport as I thought there was going to be some sort of charge?
I assumed the same - but the Club have yet to announce how the Travel Voucher scheme will work. The report to the City Council's Planning Committee (see Post Number 1 in this thread) definitely refers to a Voucher scheme, though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I've got a feeling these buses will be full after 2 or 3 pick up points if its basically a free service (with a voucher) to the stadium. Extra services might be needed on these routes. I can also see matchday bus replacement services used to supplement transferring train passengers direct to Brighton and Lewes stations on a permanent basis.

Having just looked at the Big Lemon site, I wonder if they'll be in existence in the not too distant future.

A lot? Really? Their buses are small and their timetable far more comprehensive. I completely appreciate what they are doing, but their spare capacity, once existing trade is accounted for, won't make that much difference will it?
I reckon a share of the income from matchday bus travel would make a significant difference to their margins and viability. Access to some of the Travel Voucher subsidies could be critical.

Apart from anything else, though, access to Big Lemon buses could make a big difference to Albion supporters who have purchased Travel Vouchers and would otherwise have to queue longer for a red bus.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
are those Big Lemon busses the ones that smell like Fish and Chip shops when they drive past?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
For the park and ride.............................

Given the majority of the crowd are season ticket holders then why not sell season passes to your preferred park and ride site which guarantees you a space? This also saves them becoming over-subscribed. The last thing the roads needs around a game is people driving around looking for park and ride sites and street parking

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For the park and ride.............................

Given the majority of the crowd are season ticket holders then why not sell season passes to your preferred park and ride site which guarantees you a space? This also saves them becoming over-subscribed. The last thing the roads needs around a game is people driving around looking for park and ride sites and street parking

Because sometimes I will walk. Sometimes I will have drinks in town and get the train. Sometimes I will WALK to one of the park and ride sites and use that bus. Sometimes I will get one of the special buses from Seven Dials, where I live and sometimes I will drive and park in Moulsecoomb. Sometimes I will get the train.

...and I wouldn't mind betting that it's the same situation for a lot of people, depending on whether it's a night game, the time of year, school holidays, whatever.

I'm really hoping for a fully-transferable book of tickets which don't all have to be used this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here