Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel and drinks for millwall (5 threads Merged)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Is anyone else going to be wearing colours?

Were not in the 1980's mate! As long as you don't act like a prick you'll be fine!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
And at what age should I stop wearing colours because it becomes uncool?

How can I listen to the game from outside Sussex?

Register with Seagulls player

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Were not in the 1980's mate! As long as you don't act like a prick you'll be fine!

Clearly nobody told the goons that smashed up the South bogs, gave the young kids in the catering area serious verbal and provoked the OB into using Pepper spray ... some of them haven't left the 18th century

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Clearly nobody told the goons that smashed up the South bogs, gave the young kids in the catering area serious verbal and provoked the OB into using Pepper spray ... some of them haven't left the 18th century

I know people that were in the Millwall end that night, Wall fans of course. And it didn't pan out quite like your describing according to them. My friend and his girlfriend were pepper sprayed and left at half time (or shortly after) and were pretty shaken up. According to them, the pepper spray came out too quickly, and led to further unrest from irate supporters. Not saying the trouble was justified, i'm just saying it could possibly of been avoided. So you shouldn't make out they're all a bunch of animals, cos they're not. Leeds were FAR worse in my opinion.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I know people that were in the Millwall end that night, Wall fans of course. And it didn't pan out quite like your describing according to them. My friend and his girlfriend were pepper sprayed and left at half time (or shortly after) and were pretty shaken up. According to them, the pepper spray came out too quickly, and led to further unrest from irate supporters. Not saying the trouble was justified, i'm just saying it could possibly of been avoided. So you shouldn't make out they're all a bunch of animals, cos they're not. Leeds were FAR worse in my opinion.

Not intended to make them all out as animals just that there are certainly those amongst them that haven't progressed from the 80's. I also knew someone in there that night and his account was pretty scary but there'll always be different sides to the story. I don't think the Leeds behaviour was that bad, never heard anything too much.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not intended to make them all out as animals just that there are certainly those amongst them that haven't progressed from the 80's. I also knew someone in there that night and his account was pretty scary but there'll always be different sides to the story. I don't think the Leeds behaviour was that bad, never heard anything too much.

Yeah i know mate! I just think people should not worry about going to the Den. The Millwall i know are looking forward to this game, the main reason is they know we will bring a good following and make a noise in the process, they love a good atmosphere. And anyone who has never heard 10,000 Wall chanting there infamous 'Miiiiiiilwaaaaall...Miiiiiilwaaaall' chant is in for a treat, one of the best you'll hear at any ground! You'll also see lots of kids attending too. The 80's are well gone now. Just go and enjoy the atmosphere, but i will add..don't be stupid after a few beers!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is Millwall fancy dress?

OzTREKK-Four-for-Friday-May-18.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anybody know what the pubs are like round the Elephant and Castle ?

very rough around the edges. not in a violent manner, just the place isnt a fancy part of the world. i like it :lol: the Elephant and Castle pub itself does some nice Thai food. you're really better heading up to Borough/London Bridge though. The Ship is OK but recommend the Blue Eyed Maid if you don't wish to go as far as LB.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He is a cheeky alternative to the only pub in London.

Trains run from Clapham High Street to South Bermondsey.

Only every 30 mins but they take 12 mins. I think....

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
My ticket says i'm in row ZZ but I want to sit down. Should I sit in my seat anyway and then complain I can't see anything? It's especially annoying when I can see people sitting comfortably down at the front. Can anyone work out how this conundrum could be solved?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Some people just are not cut out for NSC, I think you may be one of them.

You might be right. Maybe i need to be a bit more opinionated on fellow posters? I'll be off then!

DanielT

i cannot find Millwall tube station so I am just going to wander round asking random skinheads the way, whilst proudly waving my Brighton flag. Probably just go on my own, hunt round, making detours down quiet streets.

I think if you show you're not scared, nothing bad will ever happen to you

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
My ticket says i'm in row ZZ but I want to sit down. Should I sit in my seat anyway and then complain I can't see anything? It's especially annoying when I can see people sitting comfortably down at the front. Can anyone work out how this conundrum could be solved?

Best to go and find a steward I reckon, sorting it out yourself or amongst the fans would be far too challenging.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There is also a stall in Borough Market, which is very close to London Bridge, that sells bottled beers from micro breweries from around the world.
Great street food too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here