Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel and drinks for millwall (5 threads Merged)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just south of Canary Wharf

This thread is designed to help you GET to Millwall.

Saturday 22nd September.

1) Get out of bed. This is an important step in GETTING to Millwall.
2) Get dressed (optional)
3) Open your front door.
4) Go outside.
5) Go to nearest train station ask the man for a return to South Bermondsey.
6) Follow instructions on ticket. (Hint go to London Bridge first)

How to get to Market Porter from London Bridge Station.

1) Turn RIGHT outside main entrance of London Bridge station.
2) Proceed along London Bridge Walk and through underpass make a gentle left turn past parade of shops.
3) Turn left at Southwark Catherdral then right into Stoney Street.

There is an alternative route to Market Porter which involves walking due West outside London Bridge Station, however this is cumbersome and busy.

If drving to Millwall enter SE16 3LN into your SatNav.

For parking look for signs marked PARKING or more importantly NO PARKING.

You should be fine.

I was thinking of going to watford by car? should i still buy a train ticket to south bermondsey and will i have to get up today?:mad:

When you get to the Market Porter, is it best to queue for drinks at the point closest to the front door, or should people move further into the pub and try the bit of the bar nearest the toilets?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Is there a wetherspoons!?

There is a Wetherspoons right opposite Surrey Quays Station.

There is a great pub in Rotherhithe called The Mayflower. Oldest pub on the Thames in London apparently and has a great deck overlooking the river. Just one stop from Canada Water on the overground.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
From Canada Water there is also a bus 225 that stops at Cold Blow Lane that passes right by the Wetherspoons mentioned above.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Now that everybody knows where Timmy will be pre-match (with his half of Bitter & small packet of Aldi Peanuts), where's everybody else drinking?

There is a Wetherspoons right opposite Surrey Quays Station.

There is a great pub in Rotherhithe called The Mayflower. Oldest pub on the Thames in London apparently and has a great deck overlooking the river. Just one stop from Canada Water on the overground.
And within a shorter walking distance of Rotherhithe station (not that Canada Water is far, either).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think we should organise a raffle which everyone who asks about travel to Millwall or Watford is entered into. The winner could receive access to free train timetables and fare information, a free online map covering, in detail, the whole of the British Isles (and the world), and a link to an exclusive website detailing advice and experience of travelling to every football ground in the UK. I'm not sure how these things could be set up, it may be costly, but the winner stands to claim a quite stupendous prize.

:bowdown:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
If I can't go to Millwall, can someone tell me how to tune in to BBC radio Sussex on 95.3 FM to listen to the game. Is it best with my left ear or right, or should I commit both ears to the coverage? What time should I get up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here