Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport Levy....£30 confirmed as per NSC exclusive

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
With news today, that confirms NSC's exclusive yesterday that £30 will be added to 2012/2013 Season Tickets (£15 for concessions) as a Transport Levy, do you think that this is the correct way to approach the matter?

In my opinion I think it is, I believe that the supporters who have unfairly taken advantage of not having bought Travel Vouchers have brought us to this scenario. The club (naively in my opinion) trusted the supporters to do the right thing, and hundreds, maybe a couple of thousand didn't.

Anyway, its going to happen, but the good news is that ST prices have been frozen (unless we reach the Premier League!) for next season. :)

With news today, that confirms NSC's exclusive yesterday that £30 will be added to 2012/2013 Season Tickets (£15 for concessions) as a Transport Levy, do you think that this is the correct way to approach the matter?

In my opinion I think it is, I believe that the supporters who have unfairly taken advantage of not having bought Travel Vouchers have brought us to this scenario. The club (naively in my opinion) trusted the supporters to do the right thing, and hundreds, maybe a couple of thousand didn't.

Anyway, its going to happen, but the good news is that ST prices have been frozen (unless we reach the Premier League!) for next season. :)

will the club refund when buses refuse to take them?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tricky one.

I expect there are a large number of STHs whom are entitled to free travel, do not use public transport or use alternative methods (private coaches etc), but I don't see how this can be avoided. Unless there is some sort of scheme to be able to reclaim the levy.

I assume individual tickets will rise in price as well or will one have to buy a voucher to buy a ticket?

Either way, it certainly goes some way to sorting out fare dodgers.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It is the simplest thing to do, so yes I think it is the right thing to do. it is the checking of tickets that is the problem not the tickets themselves. Whilst I have a valid brian ticket I now have the option of the bus too, so I'm quite happy. At Withdean I did not need the voucher at all for a few seasons but still had to pay for it, so I'm glad I'll get my money's worth. An extra £2.50 on my DD is hardly a huge cross to bear.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Tricky one.

I expect there are a large number of STHs whom are entitled to free travel, do not use public transport or use alternative methods (private coaches etc), but I don't see how this can be avoided. Unless there is some sort of scheme to be able to reclaim the levy.

I assume individual tickets will rise in price as well or will one have to buy a voucher to buy a ticket?

Sorry, I missed out the individual ticket purchases. Yes a 'levy' will be applied to those as well.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not happy as I was planning on using supporters coach .. but I can't think of an alternative which has to be simple and has to work

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Missed all this yesterday, must admit I never buy a ticket from Brighton to Falmer and so far I don't feel bad about it, not really a service worth paying for! Anyhow, happy to pay an extra 2.50 and have an option of buses etc.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Tricky one.

There wouldn't be fare dodgers if the rail company employed the correct number of staff and checked the tickets at each barrier.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can I have my 30 quid back that I've paid for this season? I managed to actually use on on Wednesday, though the driver didn't want take it off me, I made him.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It is what it is - can't say whether it's correct or incorrect - that depends on how you choose to look at it.

But without doubt it is an understandable stance for the club to take.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
There wouldn't be fare dodgers if the rail company employed the correct number of staff and checked the tickets at each barrier.
quite correct....i am not a fare dodger. i purchase a ticket for every game, ive not been asked for it once.

i even bought a return ticket to go to the amex for the REMF quiz night and STILL didnt get asked for it

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Well I pay a share of a £360 car park space. Hope they think about this and drop the cost of the car park spaces to £300 as cars will have a least on average 2 fans.

... I expect there are a large number of STHs who are entitled to free travel ...
One group of fans who are currently GETTING free travel on Park & Ride buses or on the special buses from Shoreham, Portslade, Rottingdean, etc, are the holders of Concessionary Bus Passes issued by the councils. But they are not ENTITLED to free travel under the terms of the Bus Pass scheme - since the councils pay nothing towards the P&R services or special buses.

D

Deleted member 22389

It works out at about 1.50 a game. That's not bad. I don't even use the transport as I cycle, but it does not bother be paying for it.

At least I have the option to use it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

The club are not blameless though. For the Barnsley match on a Sunday, the club shop was shut pre-match, and there was NO WAY to buy a travel voucher on the day on that occasion ( Yes, we can all be perfect and make special trips to buy in advance / commit to a full voucher book etc. etc.:rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm: - but a facility to buy on the day, if they are required, is pretty fundamental I reckon).

Also the mid sussex gulls have 77 people traveling all season and don't touch the public transport network and they will have to pay extra?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here