Transport improvements to and from the Amex

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i like being barmy, it gets me through, it does. :D

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Use the bus is the way forward, I never have to Q for them and am always back in Brighton within 15 minutes of each match, evening or normal k.o. times. I personally find the service to be A+ and on the last few matches I've even had a choice of buses to get on. Why people use the train to go to/from Brighton is beyond me, oh probably cos its free to use the train and not the bus. There lies the problem.

It seems clear to me that the club have paid the train company(s) to provide free trains to & from the Amex. How else do you explain the lack of ticket inspectors at Falmer? In my experience train companies are pretty adept at putting ticket inspectors in place where masses are people are using the service and are likely to be ticketless, if you've ever been to Twickenham you'll know what I mean. The only sensible solution I can come up with is that they have been paid enough already by the club and putting inspectors in place is not worth their while. Lets face it, if they did most people would go & buy the vouchers so the train company would be no better off for it. The vouchers themselves are just a way for the club to recoup some of their outlay.

So buy a bus ticket or vouchers to use on the bus, or q for the trains and use them for free.

Yes i have a book of vouchers and have had to use them each week both ways on the bus. People who say they just jump on the bus and never have their vouchers collected are clearly not using the same buses that i get! Most weeks some fans try & blag a free ride by waving their smart card at the driver but usually they have to pay up or they get off, probably to join the train Q.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
thumbnail.aspx

it's quite simple.

Flood the A27 every matchday and evryone can use the pedaloe that comes with their season ticket.......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Use the bus is the way forward, I never have to Q for them and am always back in Brighton within 15 minutes of each match, evening or normal k.o. times. I personally find the service to be A+ and on the last few matches I've even had a choice of buses to get on.

Do you:

a) Work for the marketing department of the bus company?

or

b) leave at half-time?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Use the bus is the way forward, I never have to Q for them and am always back in Brighton within 15 minutes of each match, evening or normal k.o. times. I personally find the service to be A+ and on the last few matches I've even had a choice of buses to get on. Why people use the train to go to/from Brighton is beyond me, oh probably cos its free to use the train and not the bus. There lies the problem.

It seems clear to me that the club have paid the train company(s) to provide free trains to & from the Amex. How else do you explain the lack of ticket inspectors at Falmer? In my experience train companies are pretty adept at putting ticket inspectors in place where masses are people are using the service and are likely to be ticketless, if you've ever been to Twickenham you'll know what I mean. The only sensible solution I can come up with is that they have been paid enough already by the club and putting inspectors in place is not worth their while. Lets face it, if they did most people would go & buy the vouchers so the train company would be no better off for it. The vouchers themselves are just a way for the club to recoup some of their outlay.

So buy a bus ticket or vouchers to use on the bus, or q for the trains and use them for free.

Yes i have a book of vouchers and have had to use them each week both ways on the bus. People who say they just jump on the bus and never have their vouchers collected are clearly not using the same buses that i get! Most weeks some fans try & blag a free ride by waving their smart card at the driver but usually they have to pay up or they get off, probably to join the train Q.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhshhhh. I suspect most people who are enjoying decent transport experiences are keeping it to themselves, what do you want, an extra 500 people with you waiting for the bus on Saturday!?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhshhhh. I suspect most people who are enjoying decent transport experiences are keeping it to themselves, what do you want, an extra 500 people with you waiting for the bus on Saturday!?

good point damn it!

I'm secretly now hoping everyone hops on the bus leaving the train Q's a thing of the past and I'll get the train instead, but doubt that will happen....

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Yes.

1) It would work alongside existing transport systems, not instead of them.
2) A new transport system could be designed, as far as possible, to take into account required demand levels.

As I said, I'm not suggesting Tony Bloom should fund this.

What I'm saying is everyone would be like 'Ooohhhhhh a new monorail, lets use this!!' and the queues would be the EXACT same but on a different platform. Southern rail would reduce the trains they run, so there would still be the same queues on the trains. You just have to be PATIENT and ACCEPT the fact that your going to have to wait.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Do you:

a) Work for the marketing department of the bus company?

or

b) leave at half-time?

No & No, i've never left before the final whistle and being in WSU not the quickest way out either. But seriously i think its the No.25 goes every 5 minutes plus buses from Lewes No.28/29 come along every 10 minutes.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
ok so i got a bit bored.

and took my craziness up a notch.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

if the falmer siding site was re-opened, the same with the cab run at brighton station, there might be space for an LTS if not a HTS, but it would certainly make both stations a hub, if not next door at Lewes. Sadly, Brighton is not nearly big enough for something like this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What I'm saying is everyone would be like 'Ooohhhhhh a new monorail, lets use this!!' and the queues would be the EXACT same but on a different platform. Southern rail would reduce the trains they run, so there would still be the same queues on the trains. You just have to be PATIENT and ACCEPT the fact that your going to have to wait.

I really thought the whole 'monorail' thing that's been mentioned on many a transport thread, was completely tongue-in-cheek Simpsons-esque tom-foolery!? But some people appear to be genuinely arguing about the case for a monorail!?

It's ridiculous.

Clearly the sensible suggestion is a cable car from the Marina, over Roedean Road, up across the side of Brighton Golf Course, over the race course and Warren Rd, just skirting the edges of Woodingdean, across the fields, Bob's your uncle. Job Done. Now that is sensible.

925352-emirates-air-line-e1318327361138.jpg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Well I don't use train or local buses so can't comment .. but I do use P&R and my experience has been horrendous and any improvement has certainly passed me by. I'm not sure (indeed I'm positive) more steps aren't going to improve anything ... they need to use a modicum of sense in loading the buses to get them out rather than 1 at a time. Yes there'll still be a wait but I don't actually believe anyone expects to walk out and go .. but it's used regularly to make those wanting some improvements look unreasonable.

As for the club listening, I've written to Brown and Perry politely suggesting that the transport Manger has (say) a monthly forum with a dozen or so fans to understand their experiences, chew over ideas and update on what's going on, then maybe put a summary up on website ... hardly rocket science is it? No reply to either email

Staying behind in the concourse simply isn't a reasonable option for many, particularly those going some distance or with young children

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
I really thought the whole 'monorail' thing that's been mentioned on many a transport thread, was completely tongue-in-cheek Simpsons-esque tom-foolery!? But some people appear to be genuinely arguing about the case for a monorail!?
It's ridiculous
Clearly the sensible suggestion is a cable car from the Marina, over Roedean Road, up across the side of Brighton Golf Course, over the race course and Warren Rd, just skirting the edges of Woodingdean, across the fields, Bob's your uncle. Job Done. Now that is sensible.

925352-emirates-air-line-e1318327361138.jpg

I'm not agreeing with them! I agree it is ridiculous, it would cost $$$$$££££€€€€¥¥¥¥¥ to have a monorail put in!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No & No, i've never left before the final whistle and being in WSU not the quickest way out either. But seriously i think its the No.25 goes every 5 minutes plus buses from Lewes No.28/29 come along every 10 minutes.

How many does a bus hold? You are back in Brighton 15 minutes after a match? It takes me nearly that long to get out of the stand ... please, if you're going to present an argument make it plausible

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
wood%20lane.jpg

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
How many does a bus hold? You are back in Brighton 15 minutes after a match? It takes me nearly that long to get out of the stand ... please, if you're going to present an argument make it plausible

tbh i've never timed it but it feels like 15 minutes, after Barnsley for example the bus i got just happened to be a limited stopper so virtually straight into town. It could be 20 or 25 minutes but that's not the point, the point i'm trying to make is that people are using the train because its free and the bus isn't.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
tbh i've never timed it but it feels like 15 minutes, after Barnsley for example the bus i got just happened to be a limited stopper so virtually straight into town. It could be 20 or 25 minutes but that's not the point, the point i'm trying to make is that people are using the train because its free and the bus isn't.

But to be honest, it isn't. Even if people are travelling from within the travel voucher boundaries, many are paying £30 for their travel vouchers plus (as in our case, coming from Worthing) whatever extra it takes to get to the boundary (Shoreham, for us). We *could* get on the bus at Worthing station and travel all the way to Falmer, but it's more convenient for us to get the train. People use whichever form of transport is most convenient, above all else.

We've got used to a packed train going, and having to queue for a bit after the game. And it's been fine. OK, when the weather gets really cold/wet, we'll probably moan but hopefully if we've got three points under our belt we won't mind too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here