Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport improvements to and from the Amex

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The club are learning, they are listening, they are trying to improve things, they will get better. But don't expect zero queing times, why not lower ones expectations or do your bit and stagger your journey home.

Where's the evidence they are learning?

Where's the evidence they are listening?

What's the basis for saying it will get better ... expectation?

Where does anyone say they expect zero queue times?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ph6,30,01skateboarders.jpg

Any other nice pics on your hard-drive you'd like to share?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
call me barmy but i fail to see why you couldn't stick a RTS underneath the old cab run at Brighton station. You could use that to link directly to where the stadium is dug into the chalk, have a little terminal there. Aside from the earthworks & interference

or as SurrySeagulls said, we could have a monorail, or maybe bring back some sort of tram system.

the realistic one seems to be to widen falmer station, because there was a siding there at one point.

but if more people stayed back and had a pint or cup of tea or something, travel wouldn't be so bad, I did this at the England U19 game, stayed for 30 mins and was fine.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Can I just ask, What do people expect from the transport? Do these expectations need to be lowered or just be realistic?

Do you all expect to have a train or bus waiting when YOU decide to leave the ground, is it that at the Amex we do not expect to have to wait at all for anything?

I have follwoed the Albion all over the country and used various modes of transport, I've also tried most availabale at the Amex.

I have queued for over an hour to get out of car parks at Colchester, Wycombe and MK Dons.

I've waited at Park and Ride queues at Soutampton, Reading and Withdean

I've got the train back from too many places I care to mention but the common theme is that I EXPECT to have to wait at some point.

The club are learning, they are listening, they are trying to improve things, they will get better. But don't expect zero queing times, why not lower ones expectations or do your bit and stagger your journey home.

Thank you

Couldn't have said it better. If you go to anything with the size of crowds we now get, let alone nearer 30k, you have to expect to queue at some point. :shrug:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
A giant flock of trained bats who have done their flying proficency tests and are also wearing high visibility bat capes.

Agreed, although I also think large flocks of well-trained starlings could also be coached suitably, perhaps carrying groups of us on rugs. Certainly worked in the Disney films I remember seeing :blush:

... when I was much younger *cough* :lolol:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
call me barmy but i fail to see why you couldn't stick a RTS underneath the old cab run at Brighton station. You could use that to link directly to where the stadium is dug into the chalk, have a little terminal there. Aside from the earthworks & interference

or as SurrySeagulls said, we could have a monorail, or maybe bring back some sort of tram system.

the realistic one seems to be to widen falmer station, because there was a siding there at one point.

but if more people stayed back and had a pint or cup of tea or something, travel wouldn't be so bad, I did this at the England U19 game, stayed for 30 mins and was fine.

All great ideas - a monorail would be awesome - but I don't think even Tony Bloom could ( nor should ) fund them on his own

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing

Also [MENTION=17355]AMEXican Wave[/MENTION]

Can I ask- in all seriousness - do you really think everyone using a monorail rather than using a train would make the TINIEST bit of difference? Or a tram? The queues would be the same just on a different platform.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Where's the evidence they are learning? Better loading of trains ensuring they are full (certainly when leaving Brighton). New steps constructed up to P&R bus queues. Extra buses on the Special bus routes incl. P & S services, P now a double decker. Concourse bars and 1901 open later for evening games. Blue traffic cones to separate the cars from the buses (the kids love the blue cones!). More staff managing the buses (although granted this is far from ideal yet).

Where's the evidence they are listening? see above.

What's the basis for saying it will get better ... expectation? As above, improvements continuing to be made, all be it slowly, but then, it takes time to organise things and decide what is the right thing to do.

Where does anyone say they expect zero queue times? I presume inferred through numerous posts of people hyperventilating with complaints about waiting 30mins to get a train back to Brighton...

:rolleyes:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

Can I ask- in all seriousness - do you really think everyone using a monorail rather than using a train would make the TINIEST bit of difference? Or a tram? The queues would be the same just on a different platform.

this is it, everyone would still want to away at the same time.

and [MENTION=17355]AMEXican Wave[/MENTION] it would have to be a council thing, or a privately run thing.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Yes.

1) It would work alongside existing transport systems, not instead of them.
2) A new transport system could be designed, as far as possible, to take into account required demand levels.

As I said, I'm not suggesting Tony Bloom should fund this.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
this is it, everyone would still want to away at the same time.

and [MENTION=17355]AMEXican Wave[/MENTION] it would have to be a council thing, or a privately run thing.

Indeed, it would have to rely on Government / EU funding, or be a private venture.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Youre barmy! Chuck millions of quid into something that is only needed for 25 days a year? Why would they want to do that? And who would be dumb enough to pay for it? The existing transport intrastructure serves the Uni perfectly well. Indeed has huge amounts of spare capacity. Hardly their fault we utterly swamp it and render it rubbish on match days. On match days its 9 minutes from Brighton station to Falmer station. And about 69 minutes back the opposite way, unless you bunk off early. That's the reality of the thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here