Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers - Have we all given up hope of staying up?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's seems deadly quiet on here regarding the transfer window.

Considering we are nearly half way through it, it would appear to no ones surprised we are yet to sign anyone, dispite us having "funds available"(50p)

There been hardly any moaning.

We haven't even heard Uncle Dick tell us he is in negoitations with 200 high profile players like he using bullshits us with at this time of year.

It's deafingly quiet!!

This board isn't littered with XXXXX Signs threads, only for everyone to be caught out for the hundredth time in the week that it's nothing to do with us so................. have we all thrown the towel in, and accepted that we will probably end up buying a couple of Johnnie Dixons on 2nd Feb at 11.59pm?

Sorry, but I had to ask the question

Hi Mr Insider

Can you let Dick and Micky know that the transfer window is now in fact open.

As we are half way through the window, I thought I'd better check that they haven't forgotton its January.

Cheers
Mr B:D

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Do you actually know how many league 1 clubs have signed players so far? Hardly anyone.
Listening to Neil Warnock the other night he didn't particially like the jan window as it was a gamble.Clubs off load the rubbish but are reluctant to lose good players.It's nothing like the summer window.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It's moronic threads like yours which made the Insider stop coming on here and answering genuine questions. Some of the "questions" being asked on there are cringe-worthy, and more to the point, pointless.

I'm all for a joke, but abusing something like Ask The Club for poops and giggles is wearing a bit thin.

Back to the topic in hand, I'm not getting too worried about it. You just know we'll leave it to the last week!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's moronic threads like yours which made the Insider stop coming on here and answering genuine questions. Some of the "questions" being asked on there are cringe-worthy, and more to the point, pointless.

I'm all for a joke, but abusing something like Ask The Club for poops and giggles is wearing a bit thin.

Back to the topic in hand, I'm not getting too worried about it. You just know we'll leave it to the last week!
I'm sure he has a sense of humour. After he he works for Dick Knight, so he must have! It's hardly absue it is? I doubt it if will still be there when he gets to work tomorrow.
Don't panic!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Going over the top there Badger.2 permanent signings and 1 loan is enough to see us stay up.Team building can then be done in the summer when contracts run out.

Attacking midfielder

Midfielder/winger

left back.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There's no way we will get that amount of players in.I certainly don't want to rush into signing players that normally end up being crap and on lengthy contracts.

Livermore rubbish - two year

Mcleod rubbish - two year deal

Hawkins ok - two year deal,didn't need him.Lynch is far better and now Hinsh is back we have plenty of defenders.

I'd much rather a couple of quality signings then 5/6 average players.

Bishop from Bury would be a great signing.Chester also have a highly rated player.

I can't see anyone arriving before the Leeds game and i wouldn't sign Birchall either.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Same old Same Old. The players available will be trying to find somewhere to move to, preferably in a location where they can afford to live, and also with a team with decent facilities. Once they realise that they can't find that utopian option, they will take a look at what Brighton is offering, and then we'll be signing, but it won;t be till the last few days of the window.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
8 League 1 clubs have signed a total of 12 players, of which 7 are loan arrangements.

If our bosses are asleep they are not the only ones.

But not all League 1 clubs are in the bottom 6 and have been playing as poorly as us. The bottom line is that our current squad is not good enough and we need to do something about it..and now if we are not to taste life in the basement division.

:annoyed:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
But not all League 1 clubs are in the bottom 6 and have been playing as poorly as us. The bottom line is that our current squad is not good enough and we need to do something about it..and now if we are not to taste life in the basement division.

No, that is true. Some of them are in the bottom four and playing worse than us. Three of the clubs below us are indeed in that eight, however the 12 players includes some who are really extending a loan period and some who can't get in a League 1 side at their current club (how good is Peterborough's fourth choice centre-back?). We aren't being left behind in some rush for talent at the start of the window.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
why has mr burns be banned El Pres....a slap on the wrist but a ban....the mods are bang out of order if this was one of their drinking buddies or hove unemployed and bred there would of been no ban

I don't buy this. Yes we have been playing shockingly badly, but if you look at the squad compared to last year we've strengthened, not weakened. The squad here should be doing far FAR better than they are, that is what makes it all the more galling.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's no way we will get that amount of players in.I certainly don't want to rush into signing players that normally end up being crap and on lengthy contracts.

Livermore rubbish - two year

Mcleod rubbish - two year deal

Hawkins ok - two year deal,didn't need him.Lynch is far better and now Hinsh is back we have plenty of defenders.

I'd much rather a couple of quality signings then 5/6 average players.

Bishop from Bury would be a great signing.Chester also have a highly rated player.

I can't see anyone arriving before the Leeds game and i wouldn't sign Birchall either.

Why not sign 'Birch'? He cannot be worse than what we have...Livermore excepted...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on... 100% agree with that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here