Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Spec - Murray Being tracked (SSN)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Whose he calling tinpot, does he know we're getting a 105m ground built with an acadamy on the horizon :wanker: and :laugh: at some of them who don't think he's good enough. The Leage One Berbatov not good enough for that bunch of pikeys. Yeah right.

And bless some of them calling us 'seaweed' do they think they are Crystal Palace or something.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I can see him being tempted by a club in a division above us, but for a club below us in the league? I don't think so. He is in form, playing regular foootball, scoring loads of goals and happy. I am sure he wants more money, who doesn't, but he will also want to play in the championship next year, not league 1 with wednesday!

Makes sence to have a clause in his new contract t(hat he signs this week) saying that if we don't go up, he can be sold to a club in a league above us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
bluesteel, on 12 january 2011 - 01:27 pm, said:
In fact, forget it.
I want us to sign him now, just to put the seaweed fans in their place on that forum. Lol
players at this level still get their heads turned by clubs like weds, leeds, southampton etc.
I agree that we should be taking the best players from the tin pot clubs like brighton against their will.

cock

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
:lolol: ALL they go on is his strike rate. They have no idea what he adds to the team do they.

"He scores one in every two nearly"

"Not a great strike rate then but could do a job"

ARE YOU CRAZY. His hold up play, vision, physicality and the fact that he wins every single header makes him about 338 classes above the fat slow mug Mellor :lolol:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I especially loved the " if we both went up .. We'd be fine but they would struggle '

What the f*** are they on ??

We are streets ahead of them at the moment both on and off the pitch and 10pts clear.

But obviously in a tougher division they would be ao much better !!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We've been associated with getting crowds in the 5-8k region for about 16-17 years now, other fans have got used to this and don't associate us with having the fan base to support a 2nd tier team. It still remains to be seen if we'll sell the projected 15000 season tickets, although initial interest from new or lapsed supporters sounds promising. If this does happen people will start to take notice. Who cares what they think anyway?

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath
Owls work on next signing but deny bid for Murray - The Star

Owls work on next signing but deny bid for Murray

Published Date: 13 January 2011
By Paul Thompson
Sheffield Wednesday

MILAN Mandaric and Alan Irvine are working on their next signing - but both are denying claims that the Owls are chasing Brighton striker Glenn Murray.

Manager Irvine told The Star that Wednesday have not made a move for the forward who has hit 11 goals this season for the League One leaders and is due to fall out of contract this summer.

Chairman Mandaric said that the Owls are "not close" to signing Murray and that Irvine is currently focusing on a "couple of others."

Irvine said: "We know plenty about Glenn Murray; Billy Barr (Owls coach] was at Carlisle with him.

"He's obviously doing very well, but I would think it would be very hard for anybody to get him out.

"I know he's out of contract at the end of the season, but he's a very important player for Brighton and they're trying to get promotion."

Murray cost £300,000 from Rochdale three years ago. Manager Gus Poyet said recently that he wants the 27-year-old to stay.

Mandaric, hoping to have brought in six players by the end of the month, said: "We are very busy; it's not easy; sometimes your competitors get involved; sometimes goalposts change. but we are working on it and we'll get there."

One of the Owls' possible striker targets, Edson Buddle, has agreed to join German club Ingolstadt in a free-transfer move from LA Galaxy.

But Wednesday had finished up ruling him out anyway because there was a work-permit obstacle to him playing in England.

Irvine said the Mark Reynolds issue was "not dead but not imminent" - with the Owls having bid for the Motherwell defender.

He said last night that he could not tell yet whether the next signing will come before Saturday's game again Charlton:

"I don't know...it's not impossible, but we're not ready to bring anyone in at this moment."

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Owls work on next signing but deny bid for Murray - The Star

Owls work on next signing but deny bid for Murray

Mandaric, hoping to have brought in six players by the end of the month, said: "We are very busy; it's not easy; sometimes your competitors get involved; sometimes goalposts change. but we are working on it and we'll get there."

"[/I]

Six players! Bloody hell, it appears they want to change their team around a bit too much. That could be the end for them if they adopt our old philosophy of "it takes time to gel"

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bluesteel, on 12 January 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:
In fact, forget it.
I want us to sign him now, just to put the Seaweed fans in their place on that forum. lol
Players at this level still get their heads turned by clubs like Weds, Leeds, Southampton etc.
I agree that we should be taking the best players from the tin pot clubs like Brighton against their will.

Excuse me :tosser:

Bloody Pigs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here