Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Spec - Murray Being tracked (SSN)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would be surprised if he is still an Albion player by the end of January if these rumours have any substance.

Agree mate.If he fails to sign a new contract the club have already said they will cash in on him rather then see him go for nothing.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Wouldn't worry too much about this.

How does this story come about anyway? - do Shef Wed, Shef Utd and Scunthorpe all contact Sky Sports saying they want Murray? No.

As we are probably negotiating a contract with him at the moment, his agent has put some unsubstantiated story out there to try and scare the club into offering him a bit more. Par for the course I reckon with most contract negotiations.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree mate.If he fails to sign a new contract the club have already said they will cash in on him rather then see him go for nothing.

When did the club say that?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When did the club say that?

I heard it on the radio recently before listening to a game.Not winding you up either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like the way that "the north" becomes a single area. Glenn Murray is from Maryport in Cumbria, a distance of some 180 miles from Scunthorpe and the other side of the Pennines - a huge cultural leap.

In terms of mileage, that's not far from the distance between Brighton and Derby - would people really say that Brighton and Derby are close together or culturally similar? I really can't see someone homesick for Cumbria wanting to move to South Yorkshire or Lincolnshire.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You haven't answered the question though. Is he playing well TO put himself in the shop window; not is he playing well enough to BE in the shop window. His performances have undoubtedly improved lately and I'm not convinced that his heart is in it at all times.

Answered in my other post in respect of TO put himself in the shop window, I have never been able to tell with Muzza. Is he interested in staying/going? Much like his lanquid aproach to football, when he sometimes seems disinterested, he cleans up with some great goals, this might just be his make up.

I really want him to stay but conversely I understand the fact we cannot afford to let him go for nothing to leave in the summer.

Unless its top level Championship or above, he'd be a fool to leave.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I would be surprised if he is still an Albion player by the end of January if these rumours have any substance.

None of these clubs mentioned have the potential we do, Sheff utd and wed yeah both big clubs but we improving as a club and more exciting to be around our club, id be shocked if he left us, no chance in Scunthorpe, and i cant see him wanting to leave us either for the other teams mentioned, he will sign new deal, but until then i will be nervous.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
None of these clubs mentioned have the potential we do, Sheff utd and wed yeah both big clubs but we improving as a club and more exciting to be around our club, id be shocked if he left us, no chance in Scunthorpe, and i cant see him wanting to leave us either for the other teams mentioned, he will sign new deal, but until then i will be nervous.

Whilst I agree that club potential does make a bit of a difference, how many of us look at a company's potential when deciding to go for a job and how many of us look at the salary on offer?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
wouldnt want to lose him tbh,our season would certainly tail off,cant see any of the teams mentioned getting a look in

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is very concerning. From my understanding we have a very strict wage structure in place. The likes of Wed and Utd would be able to offer far more $$

88brighton

Feb 13, 2008
Hangleton
Murray won't be leaving as he has split from his partner up north and now has someone on his arm down here. This has been ongoing for a few months now and apparently he has said he wants to settle here and build a family with her.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Murray won't be leaving as he has split from his partner up north and now has someone on his arm down here. This has been ongoing for a few months now and apparently he has said he wants to settle here and build a family with her.

Would he not want to be near his kid?

88brighton

Feb 13, 2008
Hangleton
From what i have heard he does not seem to be thinking about that. All i know is he is happy here now with his new partner. This information has come from someone from inside the club.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why do the same people who believed Murray when he stated he was unsettled here NOT believe him when he has stated he IS settled here?

Logic...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here