Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Spec - Murray Being tracked (SSN)

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I actually find it hard to believe that any of our players would choose to leave now? To have endured a number of dross seasons bobbing around the relegation zone and playing at Withdean to be within touching distance of The Amex and (hopefully) Championship football and to walk away would surely be such a letdown for them personally and professionally?
I know I see it as a fan but as a player they must have built an affinity with the club and our situation over the last few years and to leave on the brink of our finest hour would seem insane?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I know I see it as a fan but as a player they must have built an affinity with the club and our situation over the last few years and to leave on the brink of our finest hour would seem insane?

I can see where you are coming from, but if someone offered you the chance to double, triple, or even quadruple your wages, you would seriously give it a thought!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Scunthorpe newspaper guy tweeting that Baraclough has confirmed interest in Murray, we're reluctant to sell and talks are continuing.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I can see where you are coming from, but if someone offered you the chance to double, triple, or even quadruple your wages, you would seriously give it a thought!

I know, but to leave us and the Amex for somewhere like Scunthorpe!! C'mon??!!

Besides, hopefully with a new contract on the table I can't see the likes of Scunny offering "double, triple or quadruple" wages

And didn't we outbid Scunthorpe for Sparrow's services this season?

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I think Murray will go where the money is best. I dont think he has any emotional attatchment to the club or fans here. I do like Murray, he is a superb player and great to watch, but he is here to do a job and thats where it ends for me.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If what Bozza says is true then I think Murray will be gone soon. I can't see an extra £100k or so would tempt Bloom/Poyet to sell. It would be a straight no if they wanted him to stay.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
The negative effect Murray leaving will have on everyone, will almost certainly in my opinion cost us promotion. Like someone else said, i'd rather lose him for nothing at the end of the season with promotion secured!

Sep 1, 2010
The negative effect Murray leaving will have on everyone, will almost certainly in my opinion cost us promotion. Like someone else said, i'd rather lose him for nothing at the end of the season with promotion secured!

But if we stop a move Murray wants we may as well not have him anyway because if he does not wanna turn up at a game he wont, and he has done that plenty of times

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Bloom wont let Murray move for nothing ! This is murrays last big contract choice as he is now in his prime ,if as already written he can treble his money then he will be temped . Poyet however will have some money for the "special one " and maybe more . What price Glenn Murray ,i reckon £500000

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
The only way we will let Murray leave is if it's an excellent deal for the club because, let's face it, we're no longer in a position where we have to sell. If it is true that Bloom is now backing us in going all out for promotion, we will also only let him go with someone else lined up.

Saying that, I'd be surprised if we let him go at all.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good news... U-turn, but #scunthorpe have now ended interest in #bhafc's Glenn Murray. Bara: "We've not had permission to talk to Glenn, so we move on."
about 3 hours ago*from web

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It would be the clubs choice to sell now, not Murray's.

He'll be in a stronger position if he moves in the summer. I can't see us wanting to sell our best forward, given how difficult it is proving to bring another one in. I'm certain he'll be here for the remainder of the season (at least) unless we either receive an offer too good to turn down from a club not wanting to compete for his signature in the summer, or use him as a player + cash transfer (Murray willing).

I hope he signs his new contract here.

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Possible Deal | Baraclough ends Murray interest

Baraclough ends Murray interest
Iron boss rules out swoop for Brighton striker

Last updated: 13th January 2011
Baraclough ends Murray interest

Murray: In demand

Scunthorpe boss Ian Baraclough has admitted defeat in his attempts to lure Brighton forward Glenn Murray to Glanford Park.

As revealed by skysports.com, the Seagulls striker has emerged as a target for a number of clubs, with Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday also linked with his services.

Baraclough confirmed he had approached the League One leaders over their in-form forward, but was given little encouragement that a deal could be struck and is now resigned to looking elsewhere.

"Yes, Murray is a player we have enquired about, but Brighton want to keep him," Baraclough told the Scunthorpe Telegraph. "I am sure we are not the only club interested in him.

"We are not a Manchester City who can offer over the odds for players they want.

"I am sure Murray has an agent who is being very active at the moment.

"We have not had permission to talk to Glenn, so we move on, look somewhere else."
Performing

And Brighton remain relaxed over retaining the services of one of their key players as they target promotion to the Championship.

Assistant manager Mauricio Taricco believes it is inevitable there will be speculation surrounding Gus Poyet's squad when they are producing the goods on the field.

Taricco told The Argus: "Of course we are aware that, because of the way the players are performing, they are going to attract attention.

"We are doing well as a team and so obviously are the players as individuals. It's going to happen.

"The way we are performing it was a matter of time.

"These things will happen, because if you play a good style of football and the strikers are scoring goals and defenders are not letting goals in then attention is coming for sure. It's normal."

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Like it, 'Brighton want to keep him'.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Bluesteel, on 12 January 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:
In fact, forget it.
I want us to sign him now, just to put the Seaweed fans in their place on that forum. lol
Players at this level still get their heads turned by clubs like Weds, Leeds, Southampton etc.
I agree that we should be taking the best players from the tin pot clubs like Brighton against their will.

Excuse me :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here