Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Spec - Murray Being tracked (SSN)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
From that list of clubs, I doubt Scunthorpe would be able to offer him better terms than us. Especially if we get promotion this season. Sheffield Wednesday aren't certs to go up themselves this season, so again that one may be doubtful. Sheffield United is an interesting one, but again, they aren't certs to stay up. In short, I'm not too worried about interest from any of those three.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
do you reckon Muzzas been playing this well to put himself in the shop window again?

Would like to hold onto him , and would like him to want to stay , depends if he is reconsidering wanting to move back up north I guess

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
do you reckon Muzzas been playing this well to put himself in the shop window again?

Would like to hold onto him , and would like him to want to stay , depends if he is reconsidering wanting to move back up north I guess

Defo been playing well enough to be in the shop window. The league 1 berbatov would score for fun at a higher level IMO.

Sort him out Gus!

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Doesn't surprise me, he's on top form at the moment. But the talks are ongoing at the moment aren't they? He's said himself that he loves it here and he wants to stay so if that's true than we should be able to keep him, especially seeing as we're presently looking more likely to get him Championship football next year than the others.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
he will stay I'm sure although Adams' interest is fascinating

Even though Adams second stay was not as rewarding as the first, he obviously saw enough of Muzza to know when he had cash in the future, he knew where to splash it. I would be surprised if Muzza would go to Utd now, they are a team in decline.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Doesn't surprise me, he's on top form at the moment. But the talks are ongoing at the moment aren't they? He's said himself that he loves it here and he wants to stay so if that's true than we should be able to keep him, especially seeing as we're presently looking more likely to get him Championship football next year than the others.

Ive made it fairly clear I am a muzza fan (edit a SUPERFAN) but I have never been sure if he REALLY does like it down here. Often there a rumours on the transfer rumour mill of him being homesick etc, how true are they or his love of life here now.

One thing is for sure, he would be a fool to jump of the Gus Bus.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
this promises to be a rare old binfest whether anything happens or not

what with the old "he never wanted to be here/never settled/has a bird or a baby up north" twaddle, or the "he didn't wave to the crowd/he did wave goodbye" crowd.

Bring it on good folk of NSC. Bring it on....................... :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What will Gus do if a £1M+ bid comes in ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
SIGN HIM UP.

Now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Defo been playing well enough to be in the shop window. The league 1 berbatov would score for fun at a higher level IMO.

Sort him out Gus!
You haven't answered the question though. Is he playing well TO put himself in the shop window; not is he playing well enough to BE in the shop window. His performances have undoubtedly improved lately and I'm not convinced that his heart is in it at all times.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I would rather we kept Murray until the end of the season even at the risk of losing him on a free.

If he continues to play at his best level, we have a great chance of going up.

Without him, I wouldn't be so confident.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Even though Adams second stay was not as rewarding as the first, he obviously saw enough of Muzza to know when he had cash in the future, he knew where to splash it. I would be surprised if Muzza would go to Utd now, they are a team in decline.

cuts both ways. would imagine muzza saw enough of adams and his outdated methods and general all-round incompetence during his time here to think 'thanks but no thanks'!

by the way... sheff united are NAILED ON for the drop now i reckon.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Were any of his more unhappy/wantaway moments under Adams? If so, cant see him going there.

Without wishing to sound overly arrogant/Swindonish, not sure Weds or Scunny is necessarily a progressive career move. Obvs Weds have cash at the moment though, and are up North.

Lets just get this contract sorted quickly eh?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What will Gus do if a £1M+ bid comes in ?

Bite their hands off...However, no league 1 striker with 6 months left on his contract is worth that much - Murray definitely isn't - £500k at most.

Hopefully if there was interest in Murray then he'd say to Poyet either way whether he wants to stay and if he doesn't want to, then we should cash in on him now whilst we still have the chance to get money from him.

We shouldn't let him hold us to ransom until his contract expires...No player currently at the club is THAT important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here