Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground Issue

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Completely unrelated, but does anyone know whether the training ground facilities are going to be hired out? I and many other of my fellow grassroots coaches would love for our teams that we coach to be able to use these facilities!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Completely unrelated, but does anyone know whether the training ground facilities are going to be hired out? I and many other of my fellow grassroots coaches would love for our teams that we coach to be able to use these facilities!!

One 4G pitch is specifically for 'community use'.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
I took this pic of outstanding natural beauty :) the other day while walking Buckley down the river Adur, you can see the training ground now from across the river & shoreham airport ( shame they never put the AMEX there, right on my doorstep )

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
It didn't, that's in the foreground.

Eh?
The covered building for the outside half pitch is not there, just a tent that looks like it's come from the south of England show

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
A few things.

1. It was always going to have a visual impact as would any development on a green field. But its about weighing the harm of the proposal against the benefits which is to improve the economy of lancing and greatly increase access to sports facilities.

2. It's unfair to judge a development half way through when no landscaping has been erected.

3. If the residents were significantly concerned all they would need to do is call the Council and they will go on site and check the heights.

4. They don't seem to realise that the land north of the training ground is being allocated for 600 houses, a supermarket, school and community centre.

Thats all they need to do. If they think its not been built to plan, then good luck to them. Adur DC planners will be over there pretty swift.

I once received a visit from a planning officer years ago. A John Catt type neighbour claimed I was doing major structural alterations. The officer had a quick looksy and was quite happy. He knew he was on a wasted visit, but under regulations he was obliged to check the complaint. If ADUR Planning officers visit the site, they too will be on a wasted visit.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Thats all they need to do. If they think its not been built to plan, then good luck to them. Adur DC planners will be over there pretty swift.

I once received a visit from a planning officer years ago. A John Catt type neighbour claimed I was doing major structural alterations. The officer had a quick looksy and was quite happy. He knew he was on a wasted visit, but under regulations he was obliged to check the complaint. If ADUR Planning officers visit the site, they too will be on a wasted visit.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Assuming of course that there are no BHAFC supporters in the Adur planning department, who might like to take a nose around for "professional reasons"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here