Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground Issue

D

Deleted member 22389

It's not very attractive when you have to look at it every day, I'm sure you are joking though.:rolleyes:

You think the incinerator is pretty awesome, please tell me you are joking???
The best thing about driving into Newhaven??
:wrong:

That incinerator could have been pushed 3 or 4 miles up the road quite easily, it wouldn't have effected anyone then. Once again the people that joke about it are the ones that don't have to live near it. People wouldn't have cared if it was anything else. Peacehaven and Newhaven got dumped on really, however I feel Newhaven got the very worst deal. At least you can't really see the Water Treatment Works in Peacehaven and at least they are transforming the area around it in to something positive for the local people. All poor old Newhaven got its troubles is a mini roundabout.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Why is it so tall as we keep the ball on the deck, unless plan B is to "lump it to the big man up the front?"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My attitude is f..k the residents we have been granted permission to build it as per the planning application andI am sure that MP is experienced enough to ensure thst is adherred to.

I'm glad it's not you in charge of the build with that sort of attitude as at least Martin Perry has the decency to work with local residents and try and build a good relationship with them.

As it happens I've just driven past the training ground as I do most mornings and although the indoor pitch building is taller than the main building it doesn't look considerably taller from road level, Yes I have heard complaints about it myself but I think part of the problem is compared to the slower build of the main building it was up in a short space of time and therefore gives the impression of being more of an intrusion.

That comment by me was tongue in cheek but in essence is correct in that MP will ensure that the granting of the planning application conditions will be strictly adhered to, whether the locals like it or not. They had the opportunity to object and lost the battle.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A few things.

1. It was always going to have a visual impact as would any development on a green field. But its about weighing the harm of the proposal against the benefits which is to improve the economy of lancing and greatly increase access to sports facilities.

2. It's unfair to judge a development half way through when no landscaping has been erected.

3. If the residents were significantly concerned all they would need to do is call the Council and they will go on site and check the heights.

4. They don't seem to realise that the land north of the training ground is being allocated for 600 houses, a supermarket, school and community centre.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
A few things.

1. It was always going to have a visual impact as would any development on a green field. But its about weighing the harm of the proposal against the benefits which is to improve the economy of lancing and greatly increase access to sports facilities.

2. It's unfair to judge a development half way through when no landscaping has been erected.

3. If the residents were significantly concerned all they would need to do is call the Council and they will go on site and check the heights.

4. They don't seem to realise that the land north of the training ground is being allocated for 600 houses, a supermarket, school and community centre.

Just to pick you up on your points 2 & 4, I don't think any landscaping planned is going to hide what to a lot of people looks like a giant marquee sitting in the field and it's well known about the plans for the land to the north of the training ground and it's likely to meet with a lot more opposition than the Albions development did.
Personally I think the training ground development looks great and I can't wait for it to be up and running.

It's not very attractive when you have to look at it every day, I'm sure you are joking though.:rolleyes:

You think the incinerator is pretty awesome, please tell me you are joking???
The best thing about driving into Newhaven??
:wrong:
The best thing about driving into Newhaven is that the Beddingham Landfill site has closed.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm local (ish, well, Shoreham Beach); I love it. In fact, a really big club emblem on the roof would look great.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
'Wrong Direction' and I may take you up on that one day:drool:
Got two shower rooms to do in Seaford :cool:
Do they stand dead people up in Seaford to make it look busy:eek:

You're thinking of Bexhill. Compared with Bevendean we're Beverly Hills.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
'Wrong Direction' and I may take you up on that one day:drool:
Got two shower rooms to do in Seaford :cool:
Do they stand dead people up in Seaford to make it look busy:eek:

I have a cupboard full of BHA and free plumbing shop mugs, feel free.

I always feel very young when I'm working in Seaford.:p

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
So when did this marquee like structure replace the more futuristic and eye pleasing building seen in the original plans?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The locals aren't happy with the Indoor Training Pitch!

Don't get me wrong I'm 100% for it but.....

Look at this picture:
View attachment 51199

The original plan, then look at this picture:
View attachment 51200

Current status....a bit bigger than envisaged!

The problem is that the first picture makes it look like the indoor pitch roof is flat and lower than the main building, but what looks like the far edge of the roof is actually the point of top of the roof (you can see the shadow to the left of it). When you look at it with that in mind, you can see the roof extending above the main building, as it does in the photo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here