Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground Issue

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Have we managed to slip a full size indoor pitch in there???? Looks big enough for one!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Have we managed to slip a full size indoor pitch in there???? Looks big enough for one!!!

It was going to be full size originally but Poyet asked for it to be made smaller.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Would these moaners have preffered a dirty great incinerator like Newhaven has had to put with, thought not.
If the training ground didn't go there something else would have, such as a supermarket or houses. They should thinking themselfes lucky.

Agree with all of this, at least the training ground doesn't have two smoking chimneys.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was going to be full size originally but Poyet asked for it to be made smaller.

And then complained that the ceiling was too low for his liking.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would love to have the Albion training ground in my town, it would be brilliant. Like I say they should just be glad that don't have this. Look how near it is to peoples houses

I haven't seen this video before, when I bought my house the incinerator wasn't there and I had a very good view of the Downs (behind the incinerator near the start of the video).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As incinerators go, I'd say that is an attractive building to have!
It's not very attractive when you have to look at it every day, I'm sure you are joking though.:rolleyes:
I agree, it's the best thing about driving into Newhaven. The scale and design of the beast of a building is pretty awesome.

Unfortunately for the Lancing residents the training ground is a bit of an eyesore, but at least it doesn't give off carcinogenic pollutants. Hopefully the club will make it up to them by letting them use the facilities etc.

You think the incinerator is pretty awesome, please tell me you are joking???
The best thing about driving into Newhaven??
:wrong:

It's not very attractive when you have to look at it every day, I'm sure you are joking though.:rolleyes:

You think the incinerator is pretty awesome, please tell me you are joking???
The best thing about driving into Newhaven??
:wrong:

..Surely the best think is driving out of Newhaven, Gateway to the Continent?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wait till the new Asda goes next door.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My attitude is f..k the residents we have been granted permission to build it as per the planning application andI am sure that MP is experienced enough to ensure thst is adherred to.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
My attitude is f..k the residents we have been granted permission to build it as per the planning application andI am sure that MP is experienced enough to ensure thst is adherred to.

I'm glad it's not you in charge of the build with that sort of attitude as at least Martin Perry has the decency to work with local residents and try and build a good relationship with them.

As it happens I've just driven past the training ground as I do most mornings and although the indoor pitch building is taller than the main building it doesn't look considerably taller from road level, Yes I have heard complaints about it myself but I think part of the problem is compared to the slower build of the main building it was up in a short space of time and therefore gives the impression of being more of an intrusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here