Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train woes

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Looks like it's going to be fun getting back to Brighton tonight!!

Jumper at South Croydon and a train on fire at Brighton station apparently.

:nono::nono:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
16.15 Tuesday 13 December 2011
Train services between East Croydon and Gatwick Airport are being severely disrupted due to a person struck by a train in the South Croydon area.
Train services in and out of Brighton station are also being delayed due to a faulty train.
Short notice alterations to services, cancellations and delays of up to 60 minutes may occur.
Further details are available on our live running page.
We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From nationalrail

A person has been hit by a train at South Croydon. Because of this, trains on all routes through East Croydon are being delayed by up to 60 minutes. There is currently no estimate for a normal train service to resume.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Suicide. Frankly I have been amazed at the outpouring of sympathy for Gary Speed much as I admired him as a player. Many people all over the world would consider his actions an appallingly selfish thing to do to his family and kids and a blasphemy against God if you were religiously inclined. Not sure if it's still against the law these days but is was a while ago.
Personally I will wait and see as I'm sure more information will surface as to the reason for it

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This must be the 3rd Jumper this month alone, each and every one has been within striking distance of rush hour..... said it before and said it again...selfish b tards.

Shame the trains cant just carry on and let them clean it up after midnight . . . awaits flaming

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Suicide. Frankly I have been amazed at the outpouring of sympathy for Gary Speed much as I admired him as a player. Many people all over the world would consider his actions an appallingly selfish thing to do to his family and kids and a blasphemy against God if you were religiously inclined. Not sure if it's still against the law these days but is was a while ago.
Personally I will wait and see as I'm sure more information will surface as to the reason for it

I think the sympathy is for what got him to that point. You can consider the act itself in whatever context you like, however most people's feelings towards Speed no doubt rest with the tragedy of how he came to that decision.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tragic on one level to think that the death of a distressed person is reduced to just being another annoyance on the daily commute. On another level though 'Jumper' equates to 'Points Failure' or 'Leaves On The Line' or 'Lorry Hits Bridge' or 'Wrong Kind Of Snow'. Just one more hurdle to be overcome to get home. Hope distressed person didn't believe in karma.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Just got on from angmering, announcement says Brighton station is back up and running........Phew!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If trains are delayed by 60 minutes surely that means a normal hourly timetable is running?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here