Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train woes

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have some sympathy for the poor train commuters who are delayed again - but equally the poor deceased soul is very likely someone's kin or friend who are entitled to know what caused their death. These events are rightly treated as crime scenes in case the victim were pushed or accidentally fell rather than presumed as suicide etc. Plus someone then has to recover all of the remains and clean up (not pleasant) with dignity. Above all this has to take place with the safety of those involved assured and can be resource intensive. Try working on or alongside a live rail line in the dark, let alone having to deal with the deceased. Not an easy task even for those that have done it before so spare a thought for what is involved.

Similar to the moans when a road is closed to enable a detailed investigation of a serious accident. Not good for other raod users but hey ho, someone just lost their life and answers are needed as to why, especially if the evidence is to be gathered for a successful prosecution of a third party.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I have some sympathy for the poor train commuters who are delayed again - but equally the poor deceased soul is very likely someone's kin or friend who are entitled to know what caused their death. These events are rightly treated as crime scenes in case the victim were pushed or accidentally fell rather than presumed as suicide etc. Plus someone then has to recover all of the remains and clean up (not pleasant) with dignity. Above all this has to take place with the safety of those involved assured and can be resource intensive. Try working on or alongside a live rail line in the dark, let alone having to deal with the deceased. Not an easy task even for those that have done it before so spare a thought for what is involved.

Similar to the moans when a road is closed to enable a detailed investigation of a serious accident. Not good for other raod users but hey ho, someone just lost their life and answers are needed as to why, especially if the evidence is to be gathered for a successful prosecution of a third party.

Have total respect for the workers that are having to deal with this. Thoughts with the train driver who will no doubt be traumitised. The jumper obviously didnt give a f k about himself or others so no thoughts for him I'm afraid

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Had a meeting in the west end that finished at 3.30-thought happy days be home early for once.

Rushed for the 3.50 and then the announcement comes that at least a 2 hour wait. Had a little laugh with the people on my table and said its prob worth sticking it out as any other clever idea I've ever had ie can to Brighton justs costs money and doesn't really get you home earlier.

Cut a long story short we had a whip round,got a load of g and t and wine and proceeded to get pissed with 3 strangers having a right laugh doing so. As delays go this was actually quite enjoyable-and I don't think I've ever had a 4 hour journey back and thought that

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic, got to Victoria for the 16:06 so I could watch the FA Youth Cup game and got home at 2045

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't remember the last day when my journey to London wasn't delayed either there or back. Obviously tonight wsa particularly bad but there have been several two hour + journeys home this year.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
New record tonight. Desk to couch, 4 hours 46 minutes. Okay so 90 of those minutes were spent in the pub, but I don't think it would have made much difference.

Bloody glad Wednesday is my WFH day.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my son and mates,still stuck at brighton,no trains leaving for lancing,a whole hour and 20 mins after game finished:nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have total respect for the workers that are having to deal with this. Thoughts with the train driver who will no doubt be traumitised. The jumper obviously didnt give a f k about himself or others so no thoughts for him I'm afraid

This. If there is an afterlife I hope that he/she is being raped by satans aids ridden cock on an hourly basis.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The worst ones are those who top themselves by driving their car in front of a train on a level crossing.

If trains are delayed by 60 minutes surely that means a normal hourly timetable is running?!
I was impressed by the apology given out at Falmer this evening. Everyone was waiting for the 1803 to Lewes and we had a grovelling announcement to the effect that the 1703 was running "61 minutes late". The 1803 was expected at 1807.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
The jumper obviously didnt give a f k about himself or others so no thoughts for him I'm afraid

I've been on a bumpy ride of emotions tonight.

1. Damn, it's going to take some time to get home.
2. Meh, might as well take a bit of time out in London, have something to eat, see if the trains sort themselves out.
3. Oh, Victoria station's still quite busy, don't know if I'll get on a train home any time soon.
4. Phew! A train leaving nearly on time.
5. No! Now they've redirected the train I was on and I have to catch another one.
6. Now I'm home after nearly four hours (although a lot of that was just having my tea).

Terribly dramatic, I'm sure you'll agree, but none of it brought me close to taking my own life. If I choose to work so far from my home I can't expect an easy journey every day.

Assuming the incident was intentional, that person was in a very dark place standing on the platform waiting for the approaching train. My thoughts are with the jumper as much as anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here