Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tragic news

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1346130/Katie-Price-Alex-Reid-announce-marriage-split-afternoon.html

Brace yourseves. Katie and Alex are to split

I....I really thought that this time she'd found true happiness, and that their Las Vegas wedding (and subsequent 2nd wedding ceremony for ITV2) was not a publicity stunt, neither was it a vacuous opportunity to flog yet another reality series and accompanying magazine shoots of a sham relationship to keep them in the medias eye whilst at the same time "getting back" at Peter Andre and showing how strong and totally "over him" she was. No, this really should have been the dawn of a beautiful, long meaningful relationship for them. No matter that he wears her clothes and is firing blanks.

I'm not sure how on earth I can come to terms with this news. I'll be counting down the days until Max Clifford organises a Peter and Katie reunion, and perhaps a renewal of their marriage on the same day as the Royal Wedding perhaps ?

We can only hope and pray.

I'm with you on this. Forget third world famine, flood and pestilence, global warming and that famous bloke who's just snuffed it, my heart goes out to Katie

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'd go further than that. Remember, we are talking here about the most recognisable global icon ever to have come out of Brighton.

I think perhaps the opening game at the Amex should be designated the "Katie Price Tribute Day". She can entertain the crowd before the game with an hour-long set on the pitch where she can sing a medley of her own hits, along with some favourite covers such as I will Survive, and Can't Live (If Living Is Without You). The capacity crowd can then properly pay homage to our heroin, showering her with the love, adulation and support that will hopefully help her to rebuild the pieces of her shattered life.

An additional £20 on the tickets that day would be a small price to pay for this exciting pre-match bonus, and of course someone will have to give up their seats for her and her kids (just for that first game), but surely its the least the club could do under the circumstances.

Couldn't agree more Easy.

These are dark days indeed.

One can only hope that both Katie and Alex can come to terms with this sad event as quickly as possible, if only to protect Katie's angelic cash-cows, sorry, children, from the prying eyes of the World's media.

Not since Kerry Katona descended into a drug-fuelled frenzy of drink and drugs, has the plight of the celebrity been so cruelly exposed.

I hope for all our sakes that they can put this behind them and move on to pastures new.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why dont we just rename Amex the Katie Price Community Stadium? Or the Jordan arena?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There was me worrying about all those flood victims in Queensland but Katie and Alex splitting is the real news.

It really makes you step back and put things into perspective doesn't it?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'd go further than that. Remember, we are talking here about the most recognisable global icon ever to have come out of Brighton.

I think perhaps the opening game at the Amex should be designated the "Katie Price Tribute Day". She can entertain the crowd before the game with an hour-long set on the pitch where she can sing a medley of her own hits, along with some favourite covers such as I will Survive, and Can't Live (If Living Is Without You). The capacity crowd can then properly pay homage to our heroin, showering her with the love, adulation and support that will hopefully help her to rebuild the pieces of her shattered life.

An additional £20 on the tickets that day would be a small price to pay for this exciting pre-match bonus, and of course someone will have to give up their seats for her and her kids (just for that first game), but surely its the least the club could do under the circumstances.

I believe they are also organising pre season tours of her fanny, so you can select your favourite position.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
i'd still f*** her though....

You're a brave man then, she was extremely rough when I met her 12 years ago, dread to think what she looks like close up now.

Quite funny really, it was a PR bash, my company put on at a posh hotel in Park Lane, it was her and all the promo girls from the Jordan F1 team. They were all far, far better looking than she was.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow

...other than one Simon Cowell?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yeah some will, especially the families of which one is a good mate of mine. Doubt many people would find it funny if it was their own marraige.

Dont be so bloody tragic. Unless you have an IQ of less than one then it was obvious the whole thing was a farce and farces are there to be laughed at.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah some will, especially the families of which one is a good mate of mine. Doubt many people would find it funny if it was their own marraige.

If the families actually took this "marriage" seriously, then I fear they were the only ones on the planet.

Well, them and maybe a few TV Quick readers.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Truly awful news, had me bawling for hours. Perhaps we could offer her freedom of Brighton and Hove to show our appreciation for her substantial achievements?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here