Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Pretty poor game of football for most of it

Mooy best player on the park till about 60 minute

Yes great for 60 minutes. Then completely anonymous. Summed it up for me when at the end he lost the ball on the wing and just stood there while the full back ran away with it. Not for the first time he has disappeared after 60 minutes. Having said that he is a good player and our midfield is loaded with defensive players. Bissouma and Alzate have a lot to learn but are potentially the best at creating and getting forward. I would like to see a team without Propper and Stephens for a game and see if we can create more going forward. It may be one of the two has to play. We have played two games recently without one of them and my preference would be to play Propper, instead of Stephens who gives the ball away to often. The midfield is too slow with them both in there. Someone has got to start hitting the onion bag and creating for our forwards from our midfield to take the pressure off. I think Connelly struggles playing up front on his own but looks dangerous playing alongside Maupay when they create space for each other. However it is all about opinions and I know others disagree about Stephens and think he should be the first name on the team sheet and I respect everyone’s views. It could be a rocky road but surely we cannot play as badly in the second half of the season as we did last year.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wouldn't mind being so trash that we were in 5th
They were woeful again today like they were against Bayern and Chelsea. They are 5th because there aren't many consistent teams in the league this season. And before the game they were only 6 points ahead of us .

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If Webster had cleared the ball like a defender should, no goal. Nothing to do with luck!

If Connelly had buried that header like a striker should, we would’ve been 2-0 up. Swings and roundabouts init.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
They were woeful again today like they were against Bayern and Chelsea. They are 5th because there aren't many consistent teams in the league this season. And before the game they were only 6 points ahead of us .

Which begs the question how did we get the win?

We are not playing well but we are 3 points off 4th and in the knock out stages of the Champions League. Sign of a good team.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A draw would have been a fair result today, yet another day we were short changed

D

Deleted member 2719

The first match that has really frustrated me, probably the Guinness effect!

I still very much back the boys and Potter, but I so wanted the double over Spurs.

We deserved a point.

Bring on bmuff, and the fans need to lift the team above the typical atmosphere at the AMEX to take this six-pointer.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The first match that has really frustrated me, probably the Guinness effect!

I still very much back the boys and Potter, but I so wanted the double over Spurs.

We deserved a point.

Bring on bmuff, and the fans need to lift the team above the typical atmosphere at the AMEX to take this six-pointer.

Good luck with that with a 12.30 ko and loads of empty seats what with the time of year etc. No chance!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which begs the question how did we get the win?

We are not playing well but we are 3 points off 4th and in the knock out stages of the Champions League. Sign of a good team.

You’ve spent £100m’s on internationals, in a season where Arsenal (awful Board, 3 managers), Manure and Chelsea (transfer ban) have had problems too.

Sign of a team that never wins silverware. Even Leicester saw you off, when you finished third in a two horse race.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
A draw would have been a fair result today, yet another day we were short changed

Sorry, have to take issue with that because there’s an established pattern now - so how can we be short changed EVERY time? Isn’t it more that we’re very inexperienced at this level, naturally so, and consequently believe we’re owed more when seasoned teams (and supporters) know what it takes to win games? Will we have enough time to learn though?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, have to take issue with that because there’s an established pattern now - so how can we be short changed EVERY time? Isn’t it more that we’re very inexperienced at this level, naturally so, and consequently believe we’re owed more when seasoned teams (and supporters) know what it takes to win games? Will we have enough time to learn though?

This.

Our points tally is a fair reflection of our season.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
You’ve spent £100m’s on internationals, in a season where Arsenal (awful Board, 3 managers), Manure and Chelsea (transfer ban) have had problems too.

Sign of a team that never wins silverware. Even Leicester saw you off, when you finished third in a two horse race.

That old chestnut.

Well id rather be shit and be in our position than good and be one of the 15 teams below us.

If we are as useless as you suggest, yesterday should have been an easy win for Brighton.

Enjoy the rest of the season. Best of luck.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That old chestnut.

Well id rather be shit and be in our position than good and be one of the 15 teams below us.

If we are as useless as you suggest, yesterday should have been an easy win for Brighton.

Enjoy the rest of the season. Best of luck.
Can you honestly say with hand on heart you haven't been rubbish for the last year or so apart from the champions League run. I think you are deluding yourself if you say otherwise. As for Brighton that should be an easy win for you. Your squad is worth 3x as much as ours.

On the flip side If you can clear out all the players that gave up under poch and get the owners to invest I can only see good things for spurs with the incredible new stadium and a winning manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here